Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Locked
trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 10 May 2019, 21:02

bristleposh wrote:
07 May 2019, 22:38
Once again you are saying you can see into the future. If you are so sure you must win the lottery every week
no I would never say that I know what will happen.

what I do know however is that all (or practically all) of the claims from the brexiteers of what would happen has now been withdrawn as they will not happen
the 350million will not go to the NHS

40 deals will not be done within minutes of brexit happening

the eu negotiating position will not collapse 2 minutes to midnight

the german car manufacturers will not stop brexit happening

immigration will not be brought under control by stopping the Europeans coming

nobody can tell me which laws from the eu are utterly personally offensive to each of us

nobdy can tell me how the ECJ has caused them a problem

nobody who has been suckered into believing bexit is good, seems able to tell us any of the benefits we will lose if we lose


before making sly responses then try naming 5 benefits that we will lose before you do make your comments

the only point about the referendum is that 37% of the electorate was led to believe by the lying soundbites that brexit is a good thing. that is not the will of the people

democracy should nevr be built, or be based on lies
democracy is not a moment in time , it is a process and the process is now clear that people better understand that the brexit campaign was built on lies, on mantras, scapegoats and on soundbites.

Goebbels did exactly the same. and the easily led were easily led to catastrophe

tell big lies often and the easily led , but never those who can think for themselves, will believe the lies that the rabblerousers put out as if truthful

the clown farage is the original emperor with no clothes

he is a bully who cannot not lie

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1544
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by PoshCynic » 10 May 2019, 21:21

trevormans wrote:
10 May 2019, 21:02
bristleposh wrote:
07 May 2019, 22:38
Once again you are saying you can see into the future. If you are so sure you must win the lottery every week
no I would never say that I know what will happen.

what I do know however is that all (or practically all) of the claims from the brexiteers of what would happen has now been withdrawn as they will not happen
the 350million will not go to the NHS

40 deals will not be done within minutes of brexit happening

the eu negotiating position will not collapse 2 minutes to midnight

the german car manufacturers will not stop brexit happening

immigration will not be brought under control by stopping the Europeans coming

nobody can tell me which laws from the eu are utterly personally offensive to each of us

nobdy can tell me how the ECJ has caused them a problem

nobody who has been suckered into believing bexit is good, seems able to tell us any of the benefits we will lose if we lose


before making sly responses then try naming 5 benefits that we will lose before you do make your comments

the only point about the referendum is that 37% of the electorate was led to believe by the lying soundbites that brexit is a good thing. that is not the will of the people

democracy should nevr be built, or be based on lies
democracy is not a moment in time , it is a process and the process is now clear that people better understand that the brexit campaign was built on lies, on mantras, scapegoats and on soundbites.

Goebbels did exactly the same. and the easily led were easily led to catastrophe

tell big lies often and the easily led , but never those who can think for themselves, will believe the lies that the rabblerousers put out as if truthful

the clown farage is the original emperor with no clothes

he is a bully who cannot not lie
You do go on. Give it a rest, please.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28581
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 10 May 2019, 22:16

He's fine, he will obviously vote Liberal Democrat, or Green of course, the sensible ones who like him think that remaining in the EC is a great thing. Oh and dopey draws up north. Let them have another vote to leave the Union, let the English vote in that, then allow all those who want to remain move up north and leave us stupid English to rot in our own mess.

To answer all your questions Trevor, I can't, I have absolutely no idea. Of course it won't stop Immigration I understand that. The major problem that I see, is the amount of money that we have to plough into the union to support the feckless like Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania etc. Without that money going out of the British economy that we can ill afford, that is the main reason I have voted to leave. Personally I don't think we should pay anything to leave, they've creamed us for enough over the last fifty odd years.

I didn't listen to any sound bites, I get turned off by all political garbage on the TV. I read newspapers and watch the news, from this I have managed to work out that up until this current mess of a government, every Conservative tenure has performed far better than the red lot, who just seem to spend money we don't have to prove they are incapable of running a shop let alone a country.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 11 May 2019, 08:35

bristleposh wrote:
10 May 2019, 22:16


. The major problem that I see, is the amount of money that we have to plough into the union to support the feckless like Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania etc. Without that money going out of the British economy that we can ill afford, that is the main reason I have voted to leave. Personally I don't think we should pay anything to leave, they've creamed us for enough over the last fifty odd years.

every Conservative tenure has performed far better than the red lot, who just seem to spend money we don't have
The reality is that we get far more benefit from being in the EU than the 10 billionish that we contribute each year, this is one reason why leaving the single market and the customs union is such a profoundly bad idea

Yes the Tories spend less and tax less. Not in dispute. They also let the infrastructure fall to rack and ruin. This is a good part of why Labour have had to spend to put right the Tory wrongs.

As long as we have had a regular alternation between the two, then it has worked as a fair check on balance, one up on the other. Once however you get extremes, eg corbyn or the ultra right , then the regular alternation and balance falls apart, and you head towards bonkersness

But almost all the major social advances that have been made since the war have been brought about under a Labour government. NHS, Gay Rights, anti discrimination, removal of secondary modern schools, minimum wage , Open University etc etc, voting at 18, legalisation of abortion, womens equality, consumer legislation, human rights, dismantling of the empire, freedom of information, unfair contracts legislation, etc etc. Many of these do not come without a financial cost, but we are a far better country for (almost) all of them having been introduced

and to posh cynic , yes I do go , but I deal in facts not soundbites

floreat posh

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28581
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 11 May 2019, 14:17

Wonderful ideas indeed, the reason for austerity in this country is because of a lot of those overhyped introductions. The minimum wage has to be the biggest joke amongst them, it was a licence for business both big and small to bring everyone’s wages down to that level, to introduce zero hour contracts. If the current school system is so much better than secondary modern, why do so many people take so much notice of league tables and schools expel poorly performing students to keep their figures up. It effects the lowest of the low, not those who can afford better education.
The dismantling of the Empire, I’m sure places like Kenya, Zimbabwe, Pakistan etc were far better served under colonial rule than they ever have been under home rule. Women’s equality still hasn’t happened (sadly).
Far more sensible things like the closure of the mines, the help given to council tenants to purchase their own homes helping millions to get on the property ladder. Voting at 18, what on earth were they thinking of to allowpeople with little to no knowledge of life to have a say in how the country was ran.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 13 May 2019, 07:39

Whilst at a personal individual level buying council was a benefit for some , to my mind it has proven to be a midterm disaster for the country as so few social houses are now available.
You and I would never agree on that so let’s agree to differ on it

But the rest of your comments make my points for me
The tories do not make social reforms in the way that labour have done

Poshays comments elsewhere, though presumably said with an attempt at humour, merely demonstrate the level that so many brexit voters actually have no valid arguments , and so many of them have followed the soundbites as their intellect has not allowed reasoned thought

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 6066
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by Poshay » 13 May 2019, 08:01

trevormans wrote:
13 May 2019, 07:39

Poshays comments elsewhere, though presumably said with an attempt at humour, merely demonstrate the level that so many brexit voters actually have no valid arguments , and so many of them have followed the soundbites as their intellect has not allowed reasoned thought
Haven't you twigged yet that Bristle and I just post our comments to wind you up?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 13 May 2019, 09:12

I don’t believe you are capable of winding me up

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17835
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by ashman » 13 May 2019, 09:21

trevormans wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:12
I don’t believe you are capable of winding me up
Yep, it has only taken up 44 pages on the forum! :wink: :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 14 May 2019, 09:13

yes

people prefer sound bites to sound arguments

trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 20 May 2019, 17:07

neither Boris Johnson nor Farage like it when they are given difficult questions

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28581
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 20 May 2019, 18:56

At least those two answer the easy questions, which is something beyond Corbyn, Cable and Sturgeon
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

trevormans
Posts: 527
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 20 May 2019, 19:19

if that were so, then the two clowns would be able to tell us what it is that we will be giving up when we leave the EU and how much worse off we will be when brexit on WTO rules happens.

of course they dare not, because to do so would be to show what shallow lying narcissistic frauds they each are

anybody who supports either of them is not showing balanced judgment

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 410
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 May 2019, 14:17

Theresa May gone by tonight? Rumours that a coup is being planned right now by senior Tories
I have no internet friends

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28581
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 22 May 2019, 16:03

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 May 2019, 14:17
Theresa May gone by tonight? Rumours that a coup is being planned right now by senior Tories
Steve Evans to take over
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Locked