Syria

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

stuie

Syria

Post by stuie » 06 Apr 2017, 12:06

I can not get Mrs Stuie to agree with me on this

I can see absolutely no reason why the Syrian government would release chemical weapons

They have just positioned themselves whereby regime change is no longer the desired option for the west

IMO the only people to gain from this are the rebels, trying to get Trump involved against Assad

Any body else smell a rat, or is it just me
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

PoshCynic

Re: Syria

Post by PoshCynic » 06 Apr 2017, 19:19

You are not alone. I feel the same as you on this matter.

john316z

Post by john316z » 06 Apr 2017, 21:58

stuie wrote:I can not get Mrs Stuie to agree with me on this

I can see absolutely no reason why the Syrian government would release chemical weapons

They have just positioned themselves whereby regime change is no longer the desired option for the west

IMO the only people to gain from this are the rebels, trying to get Trump involved against Assad

Any body else smell a rat, or is it just me
It's just you. Assad will do anything to hold onto power. I cannot understand why they would do it either but equally don't understand why people kill either. Sick world we live in. There is no answer to it that I can see only more dead bodies.

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 07 Apr 2017, 10:15

bullies never stop
if they see people suffer they will delight in that
there is no nuanced thinking in bullies

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Apr 2017, 14:15

I'm in a similar thought pattern to Stuie. I think the world has been hoodwinked. It is far more likely that the evil ones have done it rather than the lesser evil one, Assad is not perfect, by a long chalk, but he is certainly preferable to the nutters of IS.

stuie

Post by stuie » 07 Apr 2017, 18:48

So we the Brits (the government, not that labour shower) are saying that the USA response is an appropriate retaliation

I disagree

number 1. Was it the Syrian government that did it, if we are not 100% sure, then no action can be taken

number 2. If we are 100% sure, simple, every tomahawk missle should have landed on Assad himself
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 07 Apr 2017, 23:17

stuie wrote:So we the Brits (the government, not that labour shower) are saying that the USA response is an appropriate retaliation

I disagree

number 1. Was it the Syrian government that did it, if we are not 100% sure, then no action can be taken

number 2. If we are 100% sure, simple, every tomahawk missle should have landed on Assad himself
It is not a case of whether you or I are sure that Assad was to blame.
The US believes Tuesday’s deadly attack was launched by President Bashar al-Assad from the Shayrat Airfield in Syria.
Therefore the USA response was appropriate.
Of course Putin seems to agree with you and is sending its most advanced warship to confront American vessels in the Mediterranean.
Being happy never goes out of style.