What are we listening to?

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tonyp

What are we listening to?

Postby tonyp » 17 Feb 2017, 14:00

I can't find the original thread, so I'm starting this new one.
I'm enjoying this album so much that I just had to mention it.
Johnny Cash - The Greatest Duets
including
Johnny Cash and Ray Charles, Crazy old Soldier
Johnny Cash and June Carter, Jackson
Being happy never goes out of style.

bristleposh

Re: What are we listening to?

Postby bristleposh » 17 Feb 2017, 15:06

I'm still listening to the same old pop-punk, Emo, metal, gothic, anything that is good basically, but not too crash bang wallop.

A recent one in the car just now was MC Lars a punk rock comedian with a song called Download this song.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 17 Feb 2017, 23:43

The Proclaimers
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 18 Feb 2017, 17:49

Walsall v Posh :P

john316z

Postby john316z » 22 Feb 2017, 21:40

Wedding Present today.... Ding Ding Dink.... all the songs sound the same

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 22 Feb 2017, 21:49

I have been listening to lots of AOR today, strange watching some of the 80s bands they look really haggard with their long hair still looking pristine check out Pretty Maids, they certainly looked pretty back in the day, now they make Alice Cooper and Steve Tyler look normal
the one eyed man is King

Brianposh

Postby Brianposh » 22 Feb 2017, 22:02

Johnny Cash, R.E.M.,Bryan Ferry, Dolly Parton, Blue Mink, UB 40, Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel etc.etc.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

john316z

Postby john316z » 23 Feb 2017, 22:47

PJ Harvey today....

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 25 Feb 2017, 09:52

I spent a bit of time yesterday listening to a couple of tracks from David Bowie's Black Star album, now, I have liked much of Bowie's work, especially the early stuff, but this album is just a pretentious load of old pony. Giving awards to be people because they have died seems to be a nonsense. The Brits always have a tendency to select rubbish (I know it's subjective) but it strikes me that one of the criteria for winning seems to be to kick the bucket. If George Michael brings out a new album of material in the next couple of months I fully expect him to get the next one (unless Paul Weller or Elton John slip of this mortal coil). This year (2016) I have heard some great new albums, not least Adele's 25.
the one eyed man is King

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 25 Feb 2017, 11:14

bristleposh wrote:This year (2016) I have heard some great new albums, not least Adele's 25.

It's interesting that you should mention Adele.
She will performing in Brisbane (at the Gabba cricket ground) in March.
They are expecting (and have just about sold out) a crowd of 60,000 for each of two nights. The ground seating capacity is around 40,000. The rest will be on the ground.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 25 Feb 2017, 18:31

Radio Cambridgeshire for me. Boooooo!!
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

john316z

Postby john316z » 25 Feb 2017, 19:11

bristleposh wrote:I spent a bit of time yesterday listening to a couple of tracks from David Bowie's Black Star album, now, I have liked much of Bowie's work, especially the early stuff, but this album is just a pretentious load of old pony. Giving awards to be people because they have died seems to be a nonsense. The Brits always have a tendency to select rubbish (I know it's subjective) but it strikes me that one of the criteria for winning seems to be to kick the bucket. If George Michael brings out a new album of material in the next couple of months I fully expect him to get the next one (unless Paul Weller or Elton John slip of this mortal coil). This year (2016) I have heard some great new albums, not least Adele's 25.

Bad call bristle.... black star is immense and was when he released it prior to his death, albeit 0nly 2 days. The Brits have always been pony but comparing black star to 25 is frankly laughable. Bit like comparing Magic to Pele :D

john316z

Postby john316z » 25 Feb 2017, 19:13

tonyp wrote:
bristleposh wrote:This year (2016) I have heard some great new albums, not least Adele's 25.

They are expecting (and have just about sold out) a crowd of 60,000 for each of two nights. The ground seating capacity is around 40,000. The rest will be on the ground.

Stay at home Tony and be grateful you miss it. Unless you like listening to gut wrenching miserable lyrics of female misery. On second thoughts maybe it is a music equivalent of watching Posh! :D

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 25 Feb 2017, 21:32

john316z wrote:Bad call bristle.... black star is immense and was when he released it
immense, next you'll be telling me that Kronenbourg is better than any real ale. Sadly as I pointed out to someone in a PM earlier, I couldn't think of a 2016 release from UK that could have been a contender, Adele's effort for better or worse was released in 15. For me all the best albums were from US, Canada or the Continent I include amongst the best Green Day, back to their best after the dreadful Uno,Dos and Tres, Sum41 Poets Of The Fall and The Pretty Reckless. There are probably others but seriously any of those and the recent Blink 182 album are all in my opinion far more worthy of a listen than Leonrd Cohen, sorry I mean David Bowie.
the one eyed man is King

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 25 Feb 2017, 22:52

john316z wrote:
tonyp wrote:

Stay at home Tony and be grateful you miss it. Unless you like listening to gut wrenching miserable lyrics of female misery. On second thoughts maybe it is a music equivalent of watching Posh! :D

:lol:
Being at the Gabba one of the few things that would get me there would be an Australia v England Test match. Or a Posh v Brisbane football game.

Return to “General Chat”