What are we listening to?

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

john316z

Re: What are we listening to?

Postby john316z » 26 Feb 2017, 12:22

bristleposh wrote:
john316z wrote:Bad call bristle.... black star is immense and was when he released it
immense, next you'll be telling me that Kronenbourg is better than any real ale. Sadly as I pointed out to someone in a PM earlier, I couldn't think of a 2016 release from UK that could have been a contender, Adele's effort for better or worse was released in 15. For me all the best albums were from US, Canada or the Continent I include amongst the best Green Day, back to their best after the dreadful Uno,Dos and Tres, Sum41 Poets Of The Fall and The Pretty Reckless. There are probably others but seriously any of those and the recent Blink 182 album are all in my opinion far more worthy of a listen than Leonrd Cohen, sorry I mean David Bowie.

Yawn.... Green Day? Hahaha US manufactured punk. Belongs in the US with all that other garbage punk music. Give me the proper stuff from the 70s any day of the week. Two of the best last year for me where PJ Harvey and the Pixies. Looks like we'll never agree on music as well as football Bristle! Other than half man half biscuit!

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 26 Feb 2017, 13:55

john316z wrote: Other than half man half biscuit!

Musically they are very inept, I love the lyrics and the way they extract the urine out of their own songs. Their is one who's title eludes me at the moment, where thy sing all our songs sound the same, keeping two chevrons apart etc etc
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 04 Mar 2017, 23:33

john316z wrote:
tonyp wrote:
bristleposh wrote:This year (2016) I have heard some great new albums, not least Adele's 25.

It's interesting that you should mention Adele.
She will performing in Brisbane (at the Gabba cricket ground) in March.
They are expecting (and have just about sold out) a crowd of 60,000 for each of two nights. The ground seating capacity is around 40,000. The rest will be on the ground.

Stay at home Tony and be grateful you miss it. Unless you like listening to gut wrenching miserable lyrics of female misery. On second thoughts maybe it is a music equivalent of watching Posh! :D

I didn't go.
But she was very good apparently.
According to the Courier-Mail she also had a few choice words for the local council.
In the lead-up to the first of her two Brisbane shows, Lord Mayor Graham Quirk and his deputy Adrian Schrinner spoke of their opposition to the concert being held at the Gabba because of the logistics of moving 60,000 people by bus. But Adele was quick to fire back at City Hall, telling the “moaners” to “shut up”.

“I know there was a bit of controversy about me playing the Gabba,” she said.

“I think they should shut up with their bloody moaning, f---ing hell. Shut up!

“I’ve come from f---ing London. I’m happy to be in Brisbane!”

Being happy never goes out of style.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 10 Mar 2017, 09:36

Some really odd stuff (me saying that means it must be completely off the wall). I've never been a great fan of (C)rap, although I didn't mind Stan by Eminem and a few tracks by MC Lars (A US based Scandinavian Pop-Punk rapper). I have just been introduced to Insane Clown Posse. They make The Macc Lads, Steel Panther and K**t and the Gang seem positively clean. Here's a sample of the only clean one I can find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRS1BfAlysI
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Return to “General Chat”