A thread about mods and deletions

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

thechump

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby thechump » 07 Feb 2017, 19:54

stuie wrote:
thechump wrote:
superposh80 wrote:Who?

Your dead right Stuie. ...It's all about Facebook and Twitter these days. Forums are a dying breed.

Maybe The Chump is still living in 2005.

No, not in 2005 but in 2017 with the vain hope that 85 new users would be welcomed and not put off by the constant slanging matches. You are both missing the point entirely. It is not that we can't attract new posters and it is not that the forum as a communication method is dying but that there are many contributors who are putting people off with the tit for tat comments.

I'm not surprised by the reaction to my posts on here. There has been little support for any of my comments which suggests that others either do not agree or are happy to be part of a forum that is dying. A very sad reflection of the Posh fanbase.

Sorry, I did not miss the point, and I 100% see how people are putting others off

however the point I make stands, and IMO a fair polite contribution

Apologies Stuie, I did not mean to cast any doubt on the validity or politeness of your post. It was good to hear that you agreed 100% that people are being put off and in all honesty that was what I thought may of been said earlier in the thread.

It feels as though there are a hardcore group of posters who couldn't give a damn if others are put off by their antics. Additionally, there seems to be posters that accept it as it is and are content to keep things as they are. I half expected, no hoped, that a few more voices would say ' yes I agree, it can't carry on'.

It would be interesting to complete a poll of current users to see how many are fed up with the current tit for tat personal jibes. If people are happy with the current situation I can then shut up and return to never posting!

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 08 Feb 2017, 08:50

superposh80 wrote:85 new posters?...lol

This forum couldn't cope with 5 more posters...let alone 85.

Some senior members of this forum do not welcome or embrace new posters...It would be a big issue for them.

Why do you post so many falsehoods, new posters are always welcomed and their contributions are always welcomed, until that is, they start trying to rule the roost by trying to bully other members. Your opinions when put in the right place are treated with the same amount of respect as anybody else's, even when people don't agree. People or at least me, don't appreciate being talked down to as though we shouldn't have an opinion that differs from yours. We are all Posh fans, apart from the occasional troll from Scum or Wobbs but it's easy to detect them. If you keep being unreasonable and respecting other people's opinions I'm sure your participation will be unwelcome totally, it has been suggested that people put you on ignore, it is something I have never done and never hope to do. Just restrict your opinions to the facts and keep the facts in the right place. Lies are not welcomed.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 08 Feb 2017, 10:28

I always say it as I see bristol...I certainly don't lie.

I'm not politically correct...and one or two on here don't get that...

We musnt say anything against the club or Darragh or else he'll walk away blah blah...What a load of tosh that is.

It's ironic that the one poster that claims to have me on ignore...and of course he hasn't....has been responsible for more trouble on this forum than the rest of us put together with his threatening behaviour over the past few months.

He knows who he is ...and he is quite pathetic.

Yep...No doubt Nipper/Ashman will see this post deleted...

But they know I'm right

thechump

Postby thechump » 08 Feb 2017, 23:12

From the previous couple of posts it is clear to see that there is a high level of negativity between certain posters/parties on the forum. My initial post was intended to question the effect of this situation not only on current users but also potential users. This thread seems to have come full circle as we are back to whether moderators will delete one parties post and posts that resort to name calling.

I have one final set of ideas before I sign off...

Revisit the forum rules and create a concise three point overview that appears on the top of every thread page; something along the lines of -

1) Do discuss the club, the team and the performances.

2) Respect the right to others opinions and accept that it may differ from yours

3) Do not insult others.

It has been mentioned that some of the moderators are no longer active. Why not appoint new moderators? Let's draw a line from a certain point and relaunch the forum with new moderators and a new ethos (zero tolerance to personal insults). It has also been mentioned that forums are dying but it does not have to be the case. If 85 people have signed up since the start of the season it shows that there is interest. This forum does not have to be like this.

stuie

Postby stuie » 08 Feb 2017, 23:22

thechump wrote:
Revisit the forum rules and create a concise three point overview that appears on the top of every thread page; something along the lines of -

1) Do discuss the club, the team and the performances.

2) Respect the right to others opinions and accept that it may differ from yours

3) Do not insult others.

It has been mentioned that some of the moderators are no longer active. Why not appoint new moderators? Let's draw a line from a certain point and relaunch the forum with new moderators and a new ethos (zero tolerance to personal insults). It has also been mentioned that forums are dying but it does not have to be the case. If 85 people have signed up since the start of the season it shows that there is interest. This forum does not have to be like this.

no need to sign off, hold your own (which you do) work around the d1cks

I agree with your points above

However I do not think the infrastructure is in place to do this
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 09 Feb 2017, 09:36

thechump wrote:From the previous couple of posts it is clear to see that there is a high level of negativity between certain posters/parties on the forum. My initial post was intended to question the effect of this situation not only on current users but also potential users. This thread seems to have come full circle as we are back to whether moderators will delete one parties post and posts that resort to name calling.

"A certain level of negativity between posters", now I'm sure as my post was second last before you posted, I was within your couple of posts.. Having re-read my post I thought I was being quite reasonable. I accused another poster of lying, yes, but only about him saying we weren't welcoming to new posters. There is a thread in general chat, introduced yourself, as I pointed out everyone is welcomed, even when they post for the first time, they are welcomed to the board, has always been the way. There is on occasions negativity when some posters decide that they are right and anyone with an alternative opinion is wrong. This tends to be mostly on matters of team selection and player deployment. There is no right or wrong it is supposed to be opinion, but some decide that the others don't know what they are talking about when they offer an alrenative view. Just saying like.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

john316z

Postby john316z » 09 Feb 2017, 15:07

I chose to take a break a while back. I did get fed up of the negativity and general "bitching" that SOMETIMES goes on, and I include myself in being the cause SOMETIMES. All opinions are welcomed, we won't always (sometimes ever) agree other than as fans but would make the place dull in comparison. That said this is by far better and more welcoming than the dark side, imho - I never post there!

DaveLister
Second Technician

Postby DaveLister » 09 Feb 2017, 15:40

All well and good claiming moderators favour a so called clique. I've said it before, posters shouldn't criticise the efforts of a moderator unless they're prepared to offer their support.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 09 Feb 2017, 17:22

Of course you are going to back your pals.

The moderators are appointed...or in the case of one of ours...self appointed ....to run and control the forum.

It's they that are in charge and its they who should be supporting the posters ie.....

PM's to members and explanations why posts are deleted, rather than having random sunday afternooon deleting sessions because they're upset we've lost....and warnings for certain posters that cross the line on a personal level.

And threatening behaviour of course.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 17 Feb 2017, 12:29

In another thread stuie quoted a definition of troll.
Super seems to think he is exempt. But his continual reference to bristle as Bristol, for example, is a really good example of trolling.
The Posh v Shrewsbury thread is also a very good example of trolling.
In my opinion all of the posts that don't relate to the game should be deleted from that thread.
Being happy never goes out of style.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 17 Feb 2017, 12:49

ah yes trolling...

like re-editing other members posts.

and correcting spelling mistakes even.

Return to “General Chat”