A thread about mods and deletions

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

thechump
Posts: 209
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 20:59

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby thechump » 05 Feb 2017, 22:00

Thanks Stuie,

27 posters from an average gate of 5-6K. This is surely a clear indication that something is going seriously wrong on this forum. Even those who take great enjoyment from the frequent pissing contests must realise that this is not a great reflection on the club. DMac recently asked fans for suggestions to improve the match day experience in the hope of attracting new fans and maintaining those of us who do attend. Although not part of the match day experience, this forum provides an insight into the club following for anybody new to the area or football fans who may consider following the club. My advice to DMac would be to ensure that anybody starting a bitching contest is permanently removed from the forum. Anything that does not constitute and opinion on the club. performances or the wellbeing of the club should be flagged and the poster banned. The continual personal attacks must stop as the numbers clearly show that the forum is dying. What point is there of having an official forum if people can't be bothered to post.

This is the official forum for the club that we all love. If starting a fight with a constant tirade of personal digs is your cup of tea, then why not sign up to the Wobblers forum and then we could see if a healthy forum developed here in your absence. The remaining forumites and those joining would then hopefully be able to enjoy combative, intelligent debates whilst promoting the club as one where fans really care about their club.

I've just completed a quick count of the members index and from the start of the season approx 85 members have joined the forum. Of those 85 only 5 have made more than 5 posts. The majority have not posted or have 1 or 2 posts. This sums up everything!

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby superposh80 » 06 Feb 2017, 11:14

This forum has no reflection on the club...Whatsoever.

It's just a dozen or so Posh fans giving their opinions...having a moan...and a bit of banter with each other.

99% of Posh fans wouldn't even use a football forum...and that includes .net as well as us.

I'm afraid it's all taken way too seriously.

thechump
Posts: 209
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 20:59

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby thechump » 06 Feb 2017, 21:54

superposh80 wrote:This forum has no reflection on the club...Whatsoever.

It's just a dozen or so Posh fans giving their opinions...having a moan...and a bit of banter with each other.

99% of Posh fans wouldn't even use a football forum...and that includes .net as well as us.

I'm afraid it's all taken way too seriously.


How can that possibly be true when the logo at the top of the page proudly proclaims that it is the Official Peterborough United forum?

85 new fans have bothered to sign up to the forum this season, and if only half of them continued to post, it would of tripled the active membership. I think it is serious. An opportunity to welcome and promote fans, new and old, is being wasted as the constant bitching drives people away.

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby superposh80 » 06 Feb 2017, 22:30

i don't think so.

this forum is as you say the official forum...but it's been dead in the water for years.

3 of the 5 named moderators haven't even been active for over 5 years.

most of the people that sign up never post anyway.

what matters most to the club is bums on seats...not how many fans use the forum.

thechump
Posts: 209
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 20:59

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby thechump » 06 Feb 2017, 22:40

But why is it dead in the water? Surely if there was less bickering then new posters would feel more comfortable posting.

Of course the club wants bums on seats but there are many aspects to creating a club that feels part of the community and has an active fanbase where opinions can be shared and discussed. Things will never change if we continue to accept personal insults as part of the forum. What you seem to be accepting is that things can't be changed. I'm convinced that they can be but only if there is enough of a will to do so.

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby superposh80 » 06 Feb 2017, 23:09

For whatever reason...the majority of posters prefer London Road.net....and have done for years.

And there's plenty of bickering to be had on there...As there will be on any forum.

If anything...This forum will continue to decline and there's nothing anyone can do about it

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25155
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: Bristol

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby bristleposh » 07 Feb 2017, 09:14

I think black is black but I have no doubt that SP80 will come back without quotes and say it's white.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13766
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby stuie » 07 Feb 2017, 10:03

superposh80 wrote:For whatever reason...the majority of posters prefer London Road.net....and have done for years.

And there's plenty of bickering to be had on there...As there will be on any forum.

If anything...This forum will continue to decline and there's nothing anyone can do about it


In the broader news today, they reported a major film organisation, something like dtrx, with 1.3 million users has closed its message board, siting message boards as an out dated mod of communication, with people preferring to use social media platforms

So there you go, there are a few good Posh groups on facebook, many threads on twitter et etc,

so in Mrlister mode, We are doomed
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby superposh80 » 07 Feb 2017, 10:38

Who?

Your dead right Stuie. ...It's all about Facebook and Twitter these days. Forums are a dying breed.

Maybe The Chump is still living in 2005.

thechump
Posts: 209
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 20:59

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby thechump » 07 Feb 2017, 13:41

superposh80 wrote:Who?

Your dead right Stuie. ...It's all about Facebook and Twitter these days. Forums are a dying breed.

Maybe The Chump is still living in 2005.


No, not in 2005 but in 2017 with the vain hope that 85 new users would be welcomed and not put off by the constant slanging matches. You are both missing the point entirely. It is not that we can't attract new posters and it is not that the forum as a communication method is dying but that there are many contributors who are putting people off with the tit for tat comments.

I'm not surprised by the reaction to my posts on here. There has been little support for any of my comments which suggests that others either do not agree or are happy to be part of a forum that is dying. A very sad reflection of the Posh fanbase.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13766
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby stuie » 07 Feb 2017, 14:17

thechump wrote:
superposh80 wrote:Who?

Your dead right Stuie. ...It's all about Facebook and Twitter these days. Forums are a dying breed.

Maybe The Chump is still living in 2005.


No, not in 2005 but in 2017 with the vain hope that 85 new users would be welcomed and not put off by the constant slanging matches. You are both missing the point entirely. It is not that we can't attract new posters and it is not that the forum as a communication method is dying but that there are many contributors who are putting people off with the tit for tat comments.

I'm not surprised by the reaction to my posts on here. There has been little support for any of my comments which suggests that others either do not agree or are happy to be part of a forum that is dying. A very sad reflection of the Posh fanbase.


Sorry, I did not miss the point, and I 100% see how people are putting others off

however the point I make stands, and IMO a fair polite contribution
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby superposh80 » 07 Feb 2017, 16:33

What's this forum got to do with the Posh fan base?

It's means nothing to 99.9% of them.

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13766
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby stuie » 07 Feb 2017, 17:21

thechump wrote:the page proudly proclaims that it is the Official Peterborough United forum?

85 new fans have bothered to sign up to the forum this season, and if only half of them continued to post, it would of tripled the active membership. I think it is serious. An opportunity to welcome and promote fans, new and old, is being wasted as the constant bitching drives people away.


I would like to welcome all 85, and say it would be a pleasure to read their posts
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13766
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby stuie » 07 Feb 2017, 17:24

thechump wrote:
I'm not surprised by the reaction to my posts on here. There has been little support for any of my comments which suggests that others either do not agree or are happy to be part of a forum that is dying. A very sad reflection of the Posh fanbase.


serious question Buddy

what reaction, were you not surprised about

what support are you looking for for your comments

IMO it would be great to see the forum grow
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

superposh80
Posts: 4364
Joined: 03 Jul 2012, 19:33

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby superposh80 » 07 Feb 2017, 19:01

85 new posters?...lol

This forum couldn't cope with 5 more posters...let alone 85.

Some senior members of this forum do not welcome or embrace new posters...It would be a big issue for them.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest