A thread about mods and deletions

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

bristleposh

A thread about mods and deletions

Postby bristleposh » 04 Feb 2017, 15:13

I believe I had a post deleted from this forum I'd spent about 10 minutes typing it and am now gutted that someone has deemed fit to consign it to the "forget it" bin. Rather than annoy every other poster by thread drifting into the above topic, I thought I'd start a thread for it. I wonder if the usual suspects will thread drift this thread by talking about individual players, and general match matters.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

Chompy

Re: A thread about mods and deletions

Postby Chompy » 04 Feb 2017, 16:01

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 04 Feb 2017, 19:55

If your that "gutted" Bristol...

Why don't you contact the moderators yourself about it?

After all...Nipper and Ashman are personal friends of yours.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 04 Feb 2017, 20:58

superposh80 wrote:If your that "gutted" Bristol...

Why don't you contact the moderators yourself about it?

After all...Nipper and Ashman are personal friends of yours.

No need, normally they pm, but as its match day they haven't been around to do so. I just don't see the need to break into every thread complaining about things, if you post something contentious expect to have it deleted. I even got told to change my signature a couple of months ago.
the one eyed man is King

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 04 Feb 2017, 22:24

I pm posters when I've removed a post unless they're likely to know why their post was removed.

I haven't removed ANY posts today.
And ftr, I ain't in charge of the other moderators. They can answer for themselves.

And Brizzle, I asked you to change your signature cos it was either rude / dirty / offensive / not PC / or a mixture of all. You decide. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 04 Feb 2017, 22:32

poshnipper wrote:I pm posters when I've removed a post unless they're likely to know why their post was removed.

I haven't removed ANY posts today.
And ftr, I ain't in charge of the other moderators. They can answer for themselves.

And Brizzle, I asked you to change your signature cos it was either rude / dirty / offensive / not PC / or a mixture of all. You decide. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was all probably :oops:
the one eyed man is King

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Postby poshnipper » 04 Feb 2017, 22:56

bristleposh wrote:
poshnipper wrote:

It was all probably :oops:
Yup very probably xx
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

thechump

Postby thechump » 05 Feb 2017, 09:49

An idea!

There are many people that view this forum but rarely/never comment. I count myself as one and I know I have many friends are the same. The main reason for this is that most threads descend into a bitching contest about who said this, who predicted that and they rarely stay on topic. It is tiresome. There are a handful of posters who appear to enjoy hijacking threads for the sole purpose of point scoring against others. The current moderators have an impossible job as they are not only moderating whether the content of a post is acceptable and adheres to the forum rules but they are often stood in the middle of a pissing contest that is based on personal attacks not football talk.

Could the current moderators create a sub forum to allow all those who enjoy to argue about personal opinion based on the person and not the opinion. They know who they are. We know who they are. In fact anybody who spends a short time viewing the forum, and decides not to post,knows who they are. They could then appoint their own moderators to the forum and argue about not only their opinions but the moderation of each others comments. The rest of the forum could then be left to act like grown ups and have discussions based on football and not petty rivalries.

I'm sure the club must view this forum and it must despair about the number of times football comes second to pathetic point scoring by individuals. Let's give those who enjoy slagging each other off their own little playground to play in and see if that allows the forum to flourish as a place to actually discuss football.

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 05 Feb 2017, 10:34

thechump wrote:An idea!

Have you been on the LondonRoad.net board? It's just the same. I'm only guessing but I would imagine that Dmac and McCann read that board just as much as this one. I'd say that they just ignore the rubbish.
Like you they read only and don't post any comments.
Maybe we just have to accept it.
Being happy never goes out of style.

thechump

Postby thechump » 05 Feb 2017, 10:45

The problem being that the balance of rubbish vs interesting opinion is skewed by a few who shout loudest. This is the official club forum and is a poor reflection on our club.

bristleposh

Postby bristleposh » 05 Feb 2017, 11:06

thechump wrote:The problem being that the balance of rubbish vs interesting opinion is skewed by a few who shout loudest. This is the official club forum and is a poor reflection on our club.

I'm in full agreement with you, hence the reason for starting this thread, but that makes me OCD apparently
the one eyed man is King

tonyp

Postby tonyp » 05 Feb 2017, 12:23

I've said it before but I'll say it again.
I think that the mods do a pretty good job considering everything that gets posted on here.
I believe they leave some of the rubbish alone because they can see that it is banter and/or joking.
If only chompy would stick to gambling and stop posting nasty comments on here the board would be a much better place.
Being happy never goes out of style.

superposh80

Postby superposh80 » 05 Feb 2017, 18:18

As it would without your Trolling Tony...

Not to mention your re editing of posts.

thechump

Postby thechump » 05 Feb 2017, 18:46

...and once again this thread descends into pathetic bitching.

Moderators, as the first month of the year has just passed could you post how many posts have been made by individuals in a ranked order. It would be interesting to see how many individual posters there are and how this persistent point scoring against other forumites turns would be posters off from getting involved.

For a club that at present is getting crowds of 6000 does the number of posters on here really reflect a healthy forum?

stuie

Postby stuie » 05 Feb 2017, 21:22

I am not a moderator, however I think you raise an interesting point

so scrolling through users by Tonypostcount method, I came up with these, who I think are presently active

(apologies id I have missed you off, just chirp in

Brissleposh
TonyP
Poshnipper
Ashman
Davelister
Stuie
BrianPosh
Poshay
Superposh80
Chompy
Poshdrummeradam