This board and our moderators

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tonyp

This board and our moderators

Post by tonyp » 13 Dec 2016, 10:34

superposh80 wrote:The Moderator (s) are now turning this forum into joke...a laughing stock.

They don't want debate or opinion ....They want everyone to agree with each other, and tell each other jokes.

They can't moderate properly or fairly though....They moderate for their online pals, who are as guilty as anyone for their trolling sniping and name calling.

They don't deserve a forum.
You know that's not true, Super.
Chompy commented that most of the posts on the Chesterfield thread had nothing to do with the Chesterfield game. I agree with him. (Including this one and yours before it).
I'll start a thread in General Chat where we can all have a good old debate. What do you reckon?
Being happy never goes out of style.

tonyp

Re: This board and our moderators

Post by tonyp » 13 Dec 2016, 10:39

I honestly believe that the mods are moderating the best they can.
They do leave a fair bit of rubbish on. But they can't be expected to spot everything.
Why don't we be completely honest and say in this thread what we really think?
I have tried to be better in my posts having received a warning from the mods.
In my opinion, we really should stick to the subject of the thread as much as possible especially when talking about games.
Last edited by tonyp on 13 Dec 2016, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 13 Dec 2016, 11:52

They should spot everything...There's so few posts on here.

They just spot what they want to spot....and who they want to spot.

It's one sided....They are killing the forum.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 13 Dec 2016, 13:04

superposh80 wrote:They should spot everything...There's so few posts on here.

They just spot what they want to spot....and who they want to spot.

It's one sided....They are killing the forum.
"They should spot everything...There's so few posts on here."
Yes. But if they deleted every post that wasn't football related or wasn't strictly thread related there would be even less posts on here.

But does it matter? So far, you and I are the only ones who care enough to comment on this thread.

stuie

Post by stuie » 13 Dec 2016, 14:28

MODERATORS,

Moderating is refereeing.As with football referees, there will be a whole plethora of decisions, from the subline to the ridiculous. When we join up to the board we join up to the rules, so hey ho

I see one of the issues regards moderation is that only one person named as admin or as a moderator is an active member of the board

Nipper tells us (and for what its worth I believe her), that if she alters or deletes posts she informs the poster why etc. For sure when she has deleted my posts she has alerted me, and I have had at least one if not more yellow cards from Nipper

So we have more than one moderator,

Am I happy with general level of moderation - yes
Do I think the moderators are over zealous - no
Do I think more warnings could/should be given - Yes(However this could be happening)
Should there be more than one active member as a moderator - yes
Can I live with the way it is - yes
Do moderators make mistakes - yes
could/should there be more transparency -yes

THIS BOARD

Its a bit like me with democracy,

I think everybody has the right to post, I enjoy reading post of differing opinions, there is enough room for us all. The right wing through to the left wing is very interesting, some of the spats are funny, some go to far

The maturity shown on here offer the recent paedophilia in football is great
Most of the spats on here are quite quaint actually
To be honest the left v right line ups and post are quaint but frequently predictable
Try reading a post, before reading who posted it, and guess what, 9 times out of 10 you can correctly guess the poster

So we all have a responsibility to respect each other on here

BOARD AND MODERATORS

So if we on the board behave, the moderators do not have to moderate
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 13 Dec 2016, 16:32

Nipper has never given me a yellow card/warning....Or told me when/if she's deleted a post.

I've had a dozen posts deleted since the weekend...No explanation.

It's poor form from whoever is doing it and if they've got the balls to PM me...I look forward to hearing from them.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 13 Dec 2016, 18:17

I'm the one moving the spats that spoil the enjoyment for others.
I've taken a break from my normal good manners of pm'ing posters to explain why as I'm sure you must know why.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 13 Dec 2016, 18:38

Funny how a few weeks ago you were happy to let a thread run that ridiculed another member and myself that was no more than a trolling session orchestrated by senior members of this forum.

If your going to start deleting posts at will...Consistency and fairness across the board please.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 14 Dec 2016, 13:02

Chompy wrote:Awesome work by the mods again.

Perhaps whichever mod is chopping this stuff would care to explain why?
That is (was?) on the Chesterfield game thread.
I'm a dumb Aussie posting from 10,000 miles away. Even I can understand that.
Surely you understand Chompy? The mods are trying to rid threads of "off topic" posts.

You should have posted it on here. A mod might have answered your question.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Dec 2016, 18:25

Trouble is Chompy and Superposh80 are very difficult, if they were deaf we could say they are hearing, I suppose hard of understanding might be closer to the point. They don't understand that a thread is meant to be about the topic title, that if there is one topic title about a certain subject there is no need to start another, this awkwardness about refusing to quote causes untold headaches for others who have to go back and read previous posts to try and work who is being responded to.
They refer to others as though they are the only ones who's opinion matters. They accuse everyone else of being part of a clique, whilst trying to bully others into submission, I have been told to ignore them, but when they continue to put such ridiculous stuff on here about moderators deleting their posts but not others, do they not realise that they are the biggest culprits posting stuff that that needs to be deleted (or moved). WUM and Trolls sums them up.
In the Kingdom of the blind,
the one eyed man is King

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Dec 2016, 20:29

Totally agree with all that too. It is noticeable that since the little bust up happened yesterday, people seem to be sticking to the principle of posting about the Posh instead of having a go at other posters. Early days but hopefully bristle's above post will be an end to the rancorous behaviour on here and bring it back to being the Official Peterborough Utd. family forum. Posting inappropriate sexist pictures and jokes need to be deleted too! Well done Nipper! Keep it up.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 14 Dec 2016, 23:10

ashman wrote:Totally agree with all that too. It is noticeable that since the little bust up happened yesterday, people seem to be sticking to the principle of posting about the Posh instead of having a go at other posters. Early days but hopefully bristle's above post will be an end to the rancorous behaviour on here and bring it back to being the Official Peterborough Utd. family forum. Posting inappropriate sexist pictures and jokes need to be deleted too! Well done Nipper! Keep it up.
:stupid: Agree absolutely Ashman. Suggest that any and all inflammatory posts be ignored and the perps be starved of attention :)

superposh80

Post by superposh80 » 15 Dec 2016, 10:43

I suppose if you're pals with Mrs Mod you can get away with saying anything you like.

Favouritism...and all that.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 15 Dec 2016, 12:07

superposh80 wrote:I suppose if you're pals with Mrs Mod you can get away with saying anything you like.

I suggest you introduce yourself at a game, Nipper and Ashman are always around the Venue and when I can make it I'm around the London Road End or the Motorpoint. You'll garner - likewise Chompy- a lot of respect by airing anything in person.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 15 Dec 2016, 13:46

DaveLister wrote:
superposh80 wrote:I suppose if you're pals with Mrs Mod you can get away with saying anything you like.

I suggest you introduce yourself at a game, Nipper and Ashman are always around the Venue and when I can make it I'm around the London Road End or the Motorpoint. You'll garner - likewise Chompy- a lot of respect by airing anything in person.

.......and I am in the Executive Lounge, so no hiding place.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.