Introduce Yourself

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19028
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by tonyp » 13 Mar 2015, 14:02

Poshblues wrote: UP THE POSH!!!
:clap: :clap:
Up the Posh!
Welcome to the board.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27723
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by bristleposh » 13 Mar 2015, 14:15

Poshblues wrote:Always knew of Posh..but didn't really take that much notice. So it's Adrian Durham's fault...or maybe it was the new smartphone about a year ago, which meant for the first time I had up to date technology.
This led to discovering Talksport and The Drive show in the early hours of Wellington, New Zealand mornings. YouTube marathons followed. Anything about Posh...20 second clips from someone's shaky mobile and all.
There was Grant McCann - he supports Linfield and Rangers like me, and Brian Mawhinney is patron. Michael Smith is there as well. All these great little connections. But it's much more than Linfield or Northern Ireland. I'm listening out for results, looking for fixtures.
Then McCann signs for Linfield and I think brilliant! A player of that class signing for the Blues is awesome, and I read the messages from Peterborough fans and listen to Durham and they will miss him, he's a great - so he must be good for Linfield.
My son's at home in the UK and he knows football, he watches Grant and his opinion is that he's too good for the Irish League.

As events unfold, Grant is rumoured to be returning to Posh and for the first time ever, I want another team other than Linfield to win...or to benefit more. I want McCann to go back to Peterborough. He can do more there and make more of a difference than he can at Windsor.
Now I realise that something about Posh has sucked me in.
I want Grant McCann at Peterbouough - not for Grant McCann...but for Peterborough United.
I listen to those interviews in the past few weeks from Darragh MacAnthony, Aaron Mclean and Dave Robertson and they have just nailed it.

I'm back home soon for the first time in 15 years.
We're touring Europe as well as the UK.
We're driving down through NI, Scotland, Wales and England and I've managed to work in a stopover in Peterborough at the end of May, and am looking forward to that more than Paris or Milan.

I may never see them play, but a selfie outside London Road and £100 spent in the club shop...and to say I've been there ...priceless.

UP THE POSH!!!
A very big welcome to the board, you are not the only Antipodean on here and hopefully won't be the last, have fun and enjoy yourself, let us hear all the NZ jokes, like they play Rugby Union :(
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Poshblues
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Mar 2015, 10:39
Location: Waikanae, New Zealand via Belfast NI

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Poshblues » 13 Mar 2015, 21:17

up the posh,

IMO you should have done your tour a bit earlier and pulled in a game at the

Mighty Posh

#wearerobbosblueandwhitearmy[/quote]

Yes...tried to convince my son to change the date of his wedding, but apparently that's not as easy as it sounds!

:?

Thanks for the welcome.

Enjoy the trip Donny. £5 tickets or not, over 2000 away is a hell of an effort!

sarahp1965
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 17:35

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by sarahp1965 » 16 Mar 2015, 17:55

Hi, My name is Sarah, I have been a long time Posh fan, don't go often and don't usually go on forums, I have been reading this one for some time. I know there is another forum called LondonRoad.net which I have tried to join so I can read what other fans are saying but sadly nobody can be bothered to activate my account. Typical. With your forum I was able to sign in and post within minutes of sending my application. Up The Posh

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15585
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by stuie » 16 Mar 2015, 18:12

sarahp1965 wrote:Hi, My name is Sarah, I have been a long time Posh fan, don't go often and don't usually go on forums, I have been reading this one for some time. I know there is another forum called LondonRoad.net which I have tried to join so I can read what other fans are saying but sadly nobody can be bothered to activate my account. Typical. With your forum I was able to sign in and post within minutes of sending my application. Up The Posh
Welcome aboard Sarah
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19028
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by tonyp » 16 Mar 2015, 22:50

Welcome aboard Sarah.
Being happy never goes out of style

sarahp1965
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Mar 2015, 17:35

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by sarahp1965 » 17 Mar 2015, 09:05

sarahp1965 wrote:Hi, My name is Sarah, I have been a long time Posh fan, don't go often and don't usually go on forums, I have been reading this one for some time. I know there is another forum called LondonRoad.net which I have tried to join so I can read what other fans are saying but sadly nobody can be bothered to activate my account. Typical. With your forum I was able to sign in and post within minutes of sending my application. Up The Posh
I take that back, it was my bad, I had not been entering the code correctly.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19028
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by tonyp » 17 Mar 2015, 09:20

sarahp1965 wrote:
sarahp1965 wrote:Hi, My name is Sarah, I have been a long time Posh fan, don't go often and don't usually go on forums, I have been reading this one for some time. I know there is another forum called LondonRoad.net which I have tried to join so I can read what other fans are saying but sadly nobody can be bothered to activate my account. Typical. With your forum I was able to sign in and post within minutes of sending my application. Up The Posh
I take that back, it was my bad, I had not been entering the code correctly.
That's good news Sarah. I was a bit surprised that you weren't able to get on to the other message board.
You should read both boards (in my opinion).
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16089
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by DaveLister » 17 Mar 2015, 20:15

Welcome Sarah & Poshblues. :clap:
Image

LoloPoshFC
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 17:34

New Posh

Post by LoloPoshFC » 08 Apr 2015, 06:07

Hello. I have recently began supporting Posh.

The reason is because previously, I didn't feel like a real football fan. Since I have family roots here, I have decided to go for Peterborough. Hope I'm welcome here.

As for nationalities, I'm a Peruvian residing in Canada.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19028
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: New Posh

Post by tonyp » 08 Apr 2015, 06:35

LoloPoshFC wrote:Hello. I have recently began supporting Posh.

The reason is because previously, I didn't feel like a real football fan. Since I have family roots here, I have decided to go for Peterborough. Hope I'm welcome here.

As for nationalities, I'm a Peruvian residing in Canada.
G'Day LoloPoshFC.
Unless you're selling kitchens I'm sure you'll be made very welcome on here. We need all of the fans we can get!
It's interesting you say you "didn't feel like a real football fan". You have chosen a time to join this message board when we football fans don't feel that we have a team that is as good as we would like it to be. We still feel like real football fans.
Like you I reside overseas and follow the club's fortunes from a distance.
Why not go to the "Introduce Yourself" thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14808&start=375
and tell us all a bit more about yourself?
Meanwhile welcome on board.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27723
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: New Posh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Apr 2015, 09:09

LoloPoshFC wrote:Hello. I have recently began supporting Posh.

The reason is because previously, I didn't feel like a real football fan. Since I have family roots here, I have decided to go for Peterborough. Hope I'm welcome here.

As for nationalities, I'm a Peruvian residing in Canada.
welcome, enjoy the company most are quite nice, apart from me.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 15585
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: New Posh

Post by stuie » 08 Apr 2015, 10:05

bristleposh wrote:
LoloPoshFC wrote:Hello. I have recently began supporting Posh.

The reason is because previously, I didn't feel like a real football fan. Since I have family roots here, I have decided to go for Peterborough. Hope I'm welcome here.

As for nationalities, I'm a Peruvian residing in Canada.
welcome, enjoy the company most are quite nice, apart from me.
welcome aboard
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

LoloPoshFC
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 17:34

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by LoloPoshFC » 08 Apr 2015, 12:57

No worries. I'm not a kitchen salesman :p

I still consider myself a student of the posh rather than an actual supporter. However I would like to begin posting now to learn more about the team.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16089
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by DaveLister » 12 Apr 2015, 18:52

LoloPoshFC wrote:No worries. I'm not a kitchen salesman :p

I still consider myself a student of the posh rather than an actual supporter. However I would like to begin posting now to learn more about the team.
You're very welcome to. New fans are always welcome. :P
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: matt404 and 2 guests