Introduce Yourself

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Brianposh » 23 Nov 2015, 23:31

My computer has been down and out now for over a week. Just getting everything back up and running again(fingers crossed). Should be all o,.k. in next 48 hours.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Nov 2015, 23:33

Brianposh wrote:My computer has been down and out now for over a week. Just getting everything back up and running again(fingers crossed). Should be all o,.k. in next 48 hours.
Hi, are you new hear, welcome to the board
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

daib0

Post by daib0 » 23 Nov 2015, 23:47

bristleposh wrote:
Brianposh wrote:My computer has been down and out now for over a week. Just getting everything back up and running again(fingers crossed). Should be all o,.k. in next 48 hours.
:D :) :D
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Nov 2015, 00:28

:clap: :clap:
We've missed your contributions Brian.
Keeping my fingers crossed, too, that it will all be fixed and "all o,.k. in next 48 hours."
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Nov 2015, 11:26

bristleposh wrote:
Thanks all. Your spelling has not improved in my absence Nick!!!!!!!....................."here" :D :D
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

daib0

Post by daib0 » 24 Nov 2015, 12:58

Brianposh wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
Thanks all. Your spelling has not improved in my absence Nick!!!!!!!....................."here" :D :D
do you mean then "welcome to the bored" ??!! :D
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Nov 2015, 14:54

Brianposh wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
....oops I blame predictive text

GranthamPosh

Post by GranthamPosh » 01 Jan 2016, 17:11

Afternoon lads - Happy New Year.

My names Doug and as the username suggests - I live in Grantham!

To be honest, i've been following the Posh on off for as long as I can remember (im 27 now so would have been mid nineties. My Dad was born in Leeds so tried to raise me as a Leeds fan but as Peterborough was closer I tended to go to a few games as a youngun to get a football fix when he didnt go to Leeds. Properly followed Posh as in attending most home games from around 2009 - so took a while to get the bug completely - never really fell in love with Leeds despite his best attempts.

Anyway, nowadays Im in the LRE for most home games but have shockingly never gone away wit Posh - tomorrow is my first away game actually. Mix of money issues etc tbh - moved in with my missus in 2009 so whilst i can get to home games she kicks off a bit with Aways - in a more stable job now so im hoping away games are going to become more of a permanent fixture! Go to most games on my own as my mates have all succumbed to the 'big clubs' in the premier league - despite rarely attending!

Anywaay - sorry to bore you with the above - looking forward to getting to know you all!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 01 Jan 2016, 17:41

GranthamPosh wrote:Afternoon lads - Happy New Year.

My names Doug and as the username suggests - I live in Grantham!

To be honest, i've been following the Posh on off for as long as I can remember (im 27 now so would have been mid nineties. My Dad was born in Leeds so tried to raise me as a Leeds fan but as Peterborough was closer I tended to go to a few games as a youngun to get a football fix when he didnt go to Leeds. Properly followed Posh as in attending most home games from around 2009 - so took a while to get the bug completely - never really fell in love with Leeds despite his best attempts.

Anyway, nowadays Im in the LRE for most home games but have shockingly never gone away wit Posh - tomorrow is my first away game actually. Mix of money issues etc tbh - moved in with my missus in 2009 so whilst i can get to home games she kicks off a bit with Aways - in a more stable job now so im hoping away games are going to become more of a permanent fixture! Go to most games on my own as my mates have all succumbed to the 'big clubs' in the premier league - despite rarely attending!

Anywaay - sorry to bore you with the above - looking forward to getting to know you all!
Welcome to the board, congratulation on choosing Posh over Leeds, good choice, hopefully see you at Chesterfield which will God willing be my next game

stuie

Post by stuie » 01 Jan 2016, 20:43

welcome to the board, look for the crazy women with the rattle, and she will introduce you to the rest on here
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Jan 2016, 20:49

bristleposh wrote: Welcome to the board, congratulation on choosing Posh over Leeds, good choice, hopefully see you at Chesterfield which will God willing be my next game
I agree with bristleposh. You were definitely wise to choose Posh over Leeds.
Welcome to the board Grantham. I look forward to reading your match reports.
Being happy never goes out of style

GranthamPosh

Post by GranthamPosh » 01 Jan 2016, 22:32

Cheers guys. Aye i am very happy to have chosen Peterborough. Was always more drawn to going to London Road, even when Leeds were good i just never felt that attachment. I think as Posh was my first game i ever attended - against Brighton in 1995 i believe, then it gave me that special attatchment Leeds never did, wouldnt change a thing.

I shall be at Chesterfield all being well Bristle so hope so! Will look out for this rattle lady tomorrow!

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 09 Jan 2016, 10:08

I ain't crayzee just a little bit mad and very fanatical. And always on the LRE, right behind the goal. Well, not always, just when we're playing at home. :comeon:

Anyway, hello and welcome to the forum. :clap2: :clap2:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

poshboffin

Post by poshboffin » 21 Jan 2016, 14:11

check out these posh boffins!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWMm8mzrOy8

Claude Rains

Post by Claude Rains » 08 Mar 2016, 08:09

Been a Posh fan since the early 80s

First match I can remember is the FA cup tie v Manchester City and Micky Gynn's run from the kick off.

Favourite player ever - Ken Charlery. A legend on and off the pitch.

Best game ever seen - Huddersfield Town away, May 1992

All time Posh XI and bench

Bennett

Paris
D Robinson
Welsh
Drury

Sterling
Halsall
Gooding
Boyd

CMS
McLean

Tyler, Luke, Edwards, Davies, Farrell, Charlery, Adcock
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!