Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 20 Oct 2018, 17:57

What I can't understand from the remainders camp is... having put up with 50 years of interference, of 50 years of getting over run with cheap about, of 50 years of law interference, how things were expected to improve by following the status quo.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 20 Oct 2018, 19:35

when you say you have put up with 50 years of interference I would expect a brexiteer to be able to list a number of laws that have been so personally oppressive. no brexiteer has ever told me of one. have we really been run over with cheap "labour??" for 50 years ,have not the laws that have come into force (social, workplace, commercial,ecological, medical, travel, financial and so many more) actually enhanced our lives here in the uk? can anybody actually deny that???
no brexiteer has ever actually quantified what economic improvement would be made by brexit. its always waffle, ("quickest negotiation ever", people "queueing up to do trade deals from day one" etc etc), its all " hope for the best" , "something will turn up", nobody has ever sought to give a balanced view of what we will lose and how these losses will be outbalanced by the gains, or as you might say "how things are expected to improve by following " this daft route??

why change to make us poorer? does anybody seriously doubt that we will be poorer?, if so then where is the evidence?

matt404

Post by matt404 » 20 Oct 2018, 23:55

trevormans wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 19:35
when you say you have put up with 50 years of interference I would expect a brexiteer to be able to list a number of laws that have been so personally oppressive. no brexiteer has ever told me of one. have we really been run over with cheap "labour??" for 50 years ,have not the laws that have come into force (social, workplace, commercial,ecological, medical, travel, financial and so many more) actually enhanced our lives here in the uk? can anybody actually deny that???
no brexiteer has ever actually quantified what economic improvement would be made by brexit. its always waffle, ("quickest negotiation ever", people "queueing up to do trade deals from day one" etc etc), its all " hope for the best" , "something will turn up", nobody has ever sought to give a balanced view of what we will lose and how these losses will be outbalanced by the gains, or as you might say "how things are expected to improve by following " this daft route??

why change to make us poorer? does anybody seriously doubt that we will be poorer?, if so then where is the evidence?
Spot on
Christopher Kannnnnnuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

matt404

Post by matt404 » 20 Oct 2018, 23:56

The only way Brexit could get any more surreal is if Gaz suddenly turns up and tells us it’s all due to the lizard people

White G

Post by White G » 21 Oct 2018, 13:35

Why would I want to lose my EU workers rights & protection, and perhaps my job? What exactly is the end goal here? From where I stand, leaving the EU will allow for more exploitation of our workers, limit our trading opportunities, and allow investors to mop up after the inevitable crash in a similar way to the last financial crisis. There are positives in there but I cannot surely believe they will outweigh the negatives of leaving.

Many Brexiteers seem to be the types that still like to think Britannia rules the waves & we're still a super power. Time to smell the coffee and realise that you've been fooled by your wealthy superiors who are in it for self gain.

Just for the record, I don't think Brexit would be all bad had we had the right people at the helm. I'm afraid it's the blind leading the blind though!

White G

Post by White G » 21 Oct 2018, 13:37

Leaving the EU now won't stop immigration, protect our fishing, make us richer etc etc. Now this is crystal clear then people have a right to ask questions.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Oct 2018, 16:55

White G wrote:
21 Oct 2018, 13:37
Leaving the EU now won't stop immigration, protect our fishing, make us richer etc etc. Now this is crystal clear then people have a right to ask questions.
Too late, had the people voted to stay in, would the leavers have said sod democracy let's have another vote

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 21 Oct 2018, 19:15

I note that you have stopped suggesting that there are economic benefits. this is just one of the many things which have been dropped by nearly all the brexiteers (although leadsom is so dim she still says there is one

many of the leavers (including farage, right-mugg and others) had said exactly that, there should be a second referendum if it were close

to my mind it is not democracy to lie and promise things that cannot be delivered. and when it is proven to be lies and undeliverable , to continue to claim that it is the democratic wish of the people

when those who follow fantasy and rabid faith ignore the clear evidence and yet present no evidence themselves, then i cannot see why it should be called democracy

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 09 Nov 2018, 20:23

Johnson resigns from the Government and then calls for another referendum

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Nov 2018, 10:59

will Raab c Brexit now write to the 1922 committee saying he has no confidence in any prime minister who appointed him as brexit minister

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Nov 2018, 17:10

I blame these old folks who voted to leave, you know the ones who fought in the war, underwent rationing, saw off the Battle of Britain, selfish ******** only think of themselves.

matt404

Post by matt404 » 15 Nov 2018, 19:47

Omnishambles

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 15 Nov 2018, 22:38

bristleposh wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 17:10
I blame these old folks who voted to leave, you know the ones who fought in the war, underwent rationing, saw off the Battle of Britain, selfish ******** only think of themselves.
I think most of those you mention are over 90 now and theres not so many of those left

the ones that truly matter when you are voting about the future are our children and our children's children

practically nobody in their 70's80s and above will actually see any material benefit from brexit

those currently in their teens will be held back in so many ways

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 16 Nov 2018, 08:56

bristleposh wrote:
15 Nov 2018, 17:10
Are you referring to those people who were denied a referendum in 1954 as to whether the UK should become a multi racial and multicultural country?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 16 Nov 2018, 09:56

It's interesting that the wimps that have contributed to this 'mess' have all resigned and left Theresa May to pick up the pieces! Dominic Raab, Esther McVay, Shailesh Vara, Suella Braverman, Cameron, Boris Johnson etc. have all walked away. I feel sorry for May as she has really had to pick up the poisoned chalice. IMO she has acted impeccably during all this and has only sought to do the best she can.
Can you see Jeremy Corbyn and his no hopers even coming near to her resolve? The initial referendum was a mistake of gigantic proportions and should never have happened. Cameron will have to live with this shame forever! Nobody could have handled this situation any better and the only thing that should have been done was to simply sort out new guidelines from the Eu over how we trade and interact with them.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'