Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27705
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 20 Aug 2018, 22:20

White G wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 20:51
bristleposh wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 20:29
Not as scary as Silence of the Lambs
You might be sorted Bristle but there's generations after you who won't have it so easy. Having to pay extortionate rents to live in an ex council house which has been sold on the cheap, making it unaffordable to save for a deposit whilst someone who is already sorted coins it in. Welcome to Tory Britain! The whole system is broken.
It's all Thatcher's fault, however, those that wanted to use the system did, everybody could have, if they didn't they only have themselves to blame
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1746
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 20 Aug 2018, 23:25

bristleposh wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 22:20
White G wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 20:51
bristleposh wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 20:29


Not as scary as Silence of the Lambs
You might be sorted Bristle but there's generations after you who won't have it so easy. Having to pay extortionate rents to live in an ex council house which has been sold on the cheap, making it unaffordable to save for a deposit whilst someone who is already sorted coins it in. Welcome to Tory Britain! The whole system is broken.
It's all Thatcher's fault, however, those that wanted to use the system did, everybody could have, if they didn't they only have themselves to blame
What about the people who were too young or hadn't been born yet? Very selfish view Bristle.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27705
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 21 Aug 2018, 08:11

White G wrote:
20 Aug 2018, 23:25

What about the people who were too young or hadn't been born yet? Very selfish view Bristle.
I had very little money, we were so skint most of the time we had to order bread and milk from the milkman so we could pay at the weekend, couldn't afford to go to the shops. This was of course under a Labour government, we always managed to pay our rent, when MT allowed people to buy their own property we used our noggins and did it. My children, who were but saplings then, new nothing of this, but when they left school and settled into long term relationships all four bought property. The opportunities were there. To call me selfish after what I have been through is ridiculous, I simply used lifes chances and my children because of that became sensible citizens, ie, not taking drugs, wasting their money on frivolous things and spending their days outside the food bank, scratching their lottery cards. People really should think before crying poverty, they only have themselves to blame. If you want a nanny state you could always move to Russia.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1746
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 21 Aug 2018, 13:00

Still a selfish view Bristle, which your response confirms. That's great about your family but not everyone is so fortunate. Quite clearly you have no understanding on the reality of young people today. You can be well paid and struggle to come up with the 10% deposit (usually minimum £10k) these days, whilst the option of social renting has been ripped away. Right to Buy itself wouldn't be a bad idea if the houses were replaced. Now though, private landlords are profiteering while the young are having to pay through the nose for rents whilst ttying to save for a mortgage that's hard to get these days .

Wages & conditions are sinking too and in real terms, the majority of people are poorer. You're egotistical speech was great but it hardly captures the plight of hard working people who get caught up in a cycle that is completely avoidable. You've just confirmed that you live in a bubble and have no concept of life outside of it.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27705
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 21 Aug 2018, 13:30

White G wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:00
Still a selfish view Bristle, which your response confirms. That's great about your family but not everyone is so fortunate. Quite clearly you have no understanding on the reality of young people today. You can be well paid and struggle to come up with the 10% deposit (usually minimum £10k) these days, whilst the option of social renting has been ripped away. Right to Buy itself wouldn't be a bad idea if the houses were replaced. Now though, private landlords are profiteering while the young are having to pay through the nose for rents whilst ttying to save for a mortgage that's hard to get these days .

Wages & conditions are sinking too and in real terms, the majority of people are poorer. You're egotistical speech was great but it hardly captures the plight of hard working people who get caught up in a cycle that is completely avoidable. You've just confirmed that you live in a bubble and have no concept of life outside of it.
Great so I'm a selfish bar steward simply because I got myself sorted. No arguing with you.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1746
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 21 Aug 2018, 14:11

bristleposh wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:30
White G wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:00
Still a selfish view Bristle, which your response confirms. That's great about your family but not everyone is so fortunate. Quite clearly you have no understanding on the reality of young people today. You can be well paid and struggle to come up with the 10% deposit (usually minimum £10k) these days, whilst the option of social renting has been ripped away. Right to Buy itself wouldn't be a bad idea if the houses were replaced. Now though, private landlords are profiteering while the young are having to pay through the nose for rents whilst ttying to save for a mortgage that's hard to get these days .

Wages & conditions are sinking too and in real terms, the majority of people are poorer. You're egotistical speech was great but it hardly captures the plight of hard working people who get caught up in a cycle that is completely avoidable. You've just confirmed that you live in a bubble and have no concept of life outside of it.
Great so I'm a selfish bar steward simply because I got myself sorted. No arguing with you.
No Bristle, you're selfish because everything you say revolves around you & your situation. Your responses have quite clearly showed this. When discussing our national interests, you can't stop talking about yourself.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27705
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 21 Aug 2018, 19:30

White G wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 14:11
bristleposh wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:30
White G wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:00
Still a selfish view Bristle, which your response confirms. That's great about your family but not everyone is so fortunate. Quite clearly you have no understanding on the reality of young people today. You can be well paid and struggle to come up with the 10% deposit (usually minimum £10k) these days, whilst the option of social renting has been ripped away. Right to Buy itself wouldn't be a bad idea if the houses were replaced. Now though, private landlords are profiteering while the young are having to pay through the nose for rents whilst ttying to save for a mortgage that's hard to get these days .

Wages & conditions are sinking too and in real terms, the majority of people are poorer. You're egotistical speech was great but it hardly captures the plight of hard working people who get caught up in a cycle that is completely avoidable. You've just confirmed that you live in a bubble and have no concept of life outside of it.
Great so I'm a selfish bar steward simply because I got myself sorted. No arguing with you.
No Bristle, you're selfish because everything you say revolves around you & your situation. Your responses have quite clearly showed this. When discussing our national interests, you can't stop talking about yourself.
:roll:
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans
Posts: 377
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 22 Aug 2018, 08:39

When you say “this was of course under a labour government”

Which government was this?

No period of more than 6 years had a labour government
In the twentieth century
Most of the cause of the problems of poverty had been caused by the ruthless exploitation overseen by Tory governments much of it before the war but accepted after it
The tories were barely out of government around three quarters of the years between 1920 and 1997


Almost all social improvements almost without exception had been advanced by the labour governments

Most of us have grown up in a working class background, many of my family were coal miners
And I will always applaud people who have sought legitimately to advance
But not everyone has the wherewithal to do so
But to take a one eyed approach and to blame one political party and swallowing the thatcher solutions which are now all coming him to roost is barely worthy of contempt

Maximus
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Aug 2018, 10:14

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by Maximus » 26 Aug 2018, 10:27

I would rather not blame any political party, they are all ineffective journeymen, out for themselves.

The decline in living standards is global, caused by the corruption, lies and personal agendas of powerful individuals who run our banks, large multinational corporations and the EU. Their continual bleeding of capital from general society causes worldwide misery, I would lock them all up and throw away the key.

However the game is in play, and if you learn the rules and play smart you can win. But everyone has to take responsibility for themselves and their situation. When you blame anyone else, you have already lost.

Learn and think, and above all be nice,as we reap what we sow.

trevormans
Posts: 377
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 21 Sep 2018, 17:07

to demonstrate how clueless our government is, its taken over two years to present to the EU what we propose , and now, shock horror, the government are surprised that it crosses EU's red lines and is not acceptable

what have they been doing for 2 years apart from trying not to split the tory party?

how terrible it is that M Macron has said the rabid brexiteers were telling lies!! when in fact they were telling lies ,, how undiplomatic of him!!





what matters is the prosperity of the 65 million people in the UK , but they have not once addressed the fact that the vast majority of us will be worse off!!!

this is from the party that can look after finances!!!!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1746
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 19 Oct 2018, 21:23

I think everyone needs to stop pretending that Brexit is a good idea.

trevormans
Posts: 377
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 19 Oct 2018, 23:09

I believe that now it is generally accepted that not only will there not be a Brexit dividend, (as had been promised) but in fact the vast majority of us will be financially worse off. The country will certainly have a lesser GDP, and the best the brexiteers can come up with is "it won't be the end of the world" (mrs may 28th august)

because of the devaluation of the pound my family (me and mrs) are I guess £800 pa worse off already and that is before the catastrophe of next late march

not one brexiteer is able to quantify our economic position in two five or ten years, but the idiot lying grees-mug says we might be on an even keel in 50 years!
He says food , shoes and clothes will be cheaper , but forgets the devaluation.

we have been sold sound bites and the majority of the 17.4 million have swallowed them , yet people say they knew what they were voting for


as a wise man said a long time since
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1746
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 20 Oct 2018, 07:16

Well said Trevor. Nobody can say things are going well, and for the average person things look gloomy. All this has been done by politicians who have used the EU as a scapegoat to cover up failings they've caused themselves. It's been the ultimate misguided protest vote & shows how easily led some people are.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27705
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 20 Oct 2018, 10:18

I know, lets hold a protest march in London that'll make the beggars think. We don't want democracy what is the point of offering a vote to the public only to turn round and tell them they got it wrong and we really should have another vote. If 200k turn out for this march as is being reported, there will no doubt be a massive turn out of police costing the tax payer a tidy penny it's alright though they're not Royals having a Royal wedding so the costs are swallowed hook line and sinker by the looney left
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans
Posts: 377
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 20 Oct 2018, 14:46

if the will of the people is in fact so strong (despite all the lies that were told,) and if we know now what we did not know then , then the brexiteers would surely be delighted to demonstrate that their view is the certain will of the people

the reality of course is that you can only fool some of the people some of the time

who of us knew that over 90% of us would be economically worse off when we voted?


we know now that we will be worse off

and let us not forget that mrs may democratically asked the population for a mandate for the position she was taking by calling an unnecessary general election, and the people democratically refused her this

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest