Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Post Reply
User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 18 May 2017, 16:11

Yet again Bristle's argument is that there's nobody else. He can't come up with one positive case for the Tories or has stated any individual policies on Labour's side which he is against. I prefer to hear constructive politics rather than the usual Tory plan of making the oppositon out to be madmen to deflect their own deficiencies.

Referring to anyone as "lefties" etc doesn't really wash. Wanting a better standard of living, working conditions & housing is hardly left-wing. The UK has gone so far to the right that even NHS doctors are the enemy for daring to protest. In fact, the Tories have many policies that are out of the BNPs manifesto from only a decade. Shows how things have moved.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25864
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 18 May 2017, 16:45

White G wrote:Yet again Bristle's argument is that there's nobody else. He can't come up with one positive case for the Tories or has stated any individual policies on Labour's side which he is against. I prefer to hear constructive politics rather than the usual Tory plan of making the oppositon out to be madmen to deflect their own deficiencies.

Referring to anyone as "lefties" etc doesn't really wash. Wanting a better standard of living, working conditions & housing is hardly left-wing. The UK has gone so far to the right that even NHS doctors are the enemy for daring to protest. In fact, the Tories have many policies that are out of the BNPs manifesto from only a decade. Shows how things have moved.
BNP manifesto was there such a thing. You do talk out of your anal orifice at times. The tories have increased the spend on NHS, pensions are rising, they are the party for the working man, not for those on benefits. The people who complain about poverty and food banks and homeless should explain how they can afford the cigarettes, scratch cards, mobile phones, and high end clothes before they bother to feed themselves and their families. If you can't afford to support yourself and your family there is something wrong with you not the system.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb1Ea6WUAAAJX48.png

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 19 May 2017, 00:10

Oooft! Thanks Bristle for confirming how out of touch you are with reality. Living in a bubble world with views like that show that you don't grasp the picture for millions in the UK. Could shoot down all your points but you'll still stay in denial.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25864
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 19 May 2017, 09:01

White G wrote:Oooft! Thanks Bristle for confirming how out of touch you are with reality. Living in a bubble world with views like that show that you don't grasp the picture for millions in the UK. Could shoot down all your points but you'll still stay in denial.
left wing rhetoric
Image
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb1Ea6WUAAAJX48.png

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15581
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by DaveLister » 19 May 2017, 13:19

White G wrote:Oooft! Thanks Bristle for confirming how out of touch you are with reality. Living in a bubble world with views like that show that you don't grasp the picture for millions in the UK. Could shoot down all your points but you'll still stay in denial.
Whitey, the problem with Labour is always the same. They say they'll do lots of stuff, but never explain how the country is going to afford it. If they win an election, then they do some stuff, and bankrupt the country in the process- economic problems the Tories have got lumbered with and which the Liberal Party have said in their manifesto they'll go some way to solving by whacking up tax again.

All because of one thing - the last Labour government.
Image

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 19 May 2017, 14:26

DaveLister wrote:
White G wrote:Oooft! Thanks Bristle for confirming how out of touch you are with reality. Living in a bubble world with views like that show that you don't grasp the picture for millions in the UK. Could shoot down all your points but you'll still stay in denial.
Whitey, the problem with Labour is always the same. They say they'll do lots of stuff, but never explain how the country is going to afford it. If they win an election, then they do some stuff, and bankrupt the country in the process- economic problems the Tories have got lumbered with and which the Liberal Party have said in their manifesto they'll go some way to solving by whacking up tax again.

All because of one thing - the last Labour government.
Dave, thanks for at least having some thought to your response. A couple of key issues though, firstly the debt has increased under the Tories way more than under Labour, with the promises to wipe out the debt becoming more of a joke by the day. Allso, the Labour manifesto has far more costings than the Tory one from what I've seen. People seem to be brainwashed into thinking the Tories are the responsible party but the facts suggest otherwise. The Tories have failed miserably on almost all their targets but the media don't focus on this. Similarly, Jeremy Hunt was £20bn out with his HS2 costings but untouched by the media, who preferred to go for Diane Abbot's less calamitous error!

Theresa May even managed to "lose" the papers for the Westminster paedophile enquiry, and was responsible for the NHS hack, having personally decided to save £5m by cutting back only cyber security. Not what I call "strong and stable" but each to their own!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25864
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 19 May 2017, 15:45

Great idea, let's hope Dianne Abbot becomes chancellor, I still think David Blunkett should have been leader, the blind leading the blind
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb1Ea6WUAAAJX48.png


trevormans
Posts: 141
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 22 May 2017, 12:36

Strong and Stable.
Mrs May , clearly a woman of principle, who tries to portray herself as clearly strong and stable, has just "clarified " her policy on social care. Any honest person would say it is a Uturn .

This shows once again that she is not strong nor is she offering stable government

my policy is clearly as follows:-

"I am a woman of principles. If you don't like them I'll change them."

the choice remains between the barely competent or the barely credible , although she is now trying to clearly claim both for herself.

if any politician uses the word "clear" or "clearly " you know full well that nothing will be clear

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 22 May 2017, 13:16

Trevor, its probably been the worst & most calamitous start for a PM in living memory! Despite her tremendous media support, a broken Labour party are closing the gap. This due to her gaffes, u-turns, hopeless negotiating skills, hiding from real people, being terrified to debate or even take unvetted questions, approval of blood sports, continued penalisation of the less fortunate (dementia sufferers/disabled etc), producing a largely uncosted manifesto, removing free school meals, National Insurance howler etc. And that's just in the last few weeks!!!

Even the media and the Tories themselves can't keep backing such an incompetent excuse for a leader. I honestly can't think of one reason why anyone would vote Tory.
Last edited by White G on 22 May 2017, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1654
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by White G » 22 May 2017, 13:17

Tories? Honestly, are you confident in Theresa May?

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 25864
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by bristleposh » 22 May 2017, 14:07

White G wrote:Tories? Honestly, are you confident in Theresa May?
Not at all but you say about the costing of her budget, it's the same with all the parties, none of their budgets have been costed, with the possible exception of UKIP and The Monster Raving Loony Party.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cb1Ea6WUAAAJX48.png

trevormans
Posts: 141
Joined: 11 May 2013, 20:21

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by trevormans » 22 May 2017, 14:53

So, to be clear, in your words you (and I imagine many many others who generally follow the dog whistle ) are "not at all confident" in the wibbly wobbly woman who in any case already has a mandate , (so that there is no need for a general election) and who is casting herself like some wondrous presidential candidate, pretending she needs your backing. This is not strong and stable, this is abysmal, and we are supposed to rely on her to negotiate a sound and prosperous Britain??
She has achieved nothing in 11 months other than to tell us we might be allowed legally to rip foxes apart.

no matter how many times she says it she is not strong and stable.

not strong and stable , more like wrong and unable

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15581
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by DaveLister » 22 May 2017, 16:02

White G wrote:Trevor, its probably been the worst & most calamitous start for a PM in living memory! Despite her tremendous media support, a broken Labour party are closing the gap. This due to her gaffes, u-turns, hopeless negotiating skills, hiding from real people, being terrified to debate or even take unvetted questions, approval of blood sports, continued penalisation of the less fortunate (dementia sufferers/disabled etc), producing a largely uncosted manifesto, removing free school meals, National Insurance howler etc. And that's just in the last few weeks!!!

Even the media and the Tories themselves can't keep backing such an incompetent excuse for a leader. I honestly can't think of one reason why anyone would vote Tory.
You know what you need Whitey- a referendum on whether to stay in the United kingdom.

No, I'm sorry...........
Image

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8805
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Theresa May to make statement in Downing Street

Post by Brianposh » 22 May 2017, 16:08

White G wrote: I honestly can't think of one reason why anyone would vote Tory.
I could list thousands, but you need only say............CORBYN.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests