Evans

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: Gillinghams new manager is.....

Post by Gaz_Miller » 21 May 2019, 21:32

Found another job at the same level much quicker than our current manager
I have no internet friends

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 May 2019, 05:00

Quote from Gillingham Chairman Paul Scally:

"In his end-of-season report, Scally also said he is considering his role with the club after what he described as "disgusting and disgraceful abuse" from "so-called fans" at times during the past season."

You ain't seen nothing yet Scally! What a legacy you may be leaving this club!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 May 2019, 07:39

ashman wrote:
22 May 2019, 05:00

"In his end-of-season report, Scally also said he is considering his role with the club after what he described as "disgusting and disgraceful abuse" from "so-called fans" at times during the past season."

I'll bet you a tenner that Gillingham finish higher than us.

Winner chooses the charity the loser has to pay.
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 May 2019, 07:47

I imagine Gabby Zak will be looking for a new club soon then
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 May 2019, 10:55

bristleposh wrote:
22 May 2019, 07:47
..... and? I hope you are not suggesting he returns to Posh? :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 May 2019, 15:58

ashman wrote:
22 May 2019, 10:55
bristleposh wrote:
22 May 2019, 07:47
..... and? I hope you are not suggesting he returns to Posh? :shock:
His son would love it
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh » 22 May 2019, 16:57

Oh dear, my cousin and his three boys, all Gillingham fans, are not going to be happy chappies after this appointment. They've seen some dross at Gillingham over the years but nothing like they are going to watch this next season. I can't wait for some banter with them.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 23 May 2019, 07:09

BanburyPosh wrote:
22 May 2019, 16:57
Oh dear, my cousin and his three boys, all Gillingham fans, are not going to be happy chappies after this appointment. They've seen some dross at Gillingham over the years but nothing like they are going to watch this next season. I can't wait for some banter with them.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
Various forums are full of hatred for him before his appointment, something along the lines of him reporting some fans and a previous gills manager for race hatred remarks to the police previously :lol:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/youll ... t-rumours/

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 24 May 2019, 18:58

ashman wrote:

:lol: Wait nine months, if the fans don't like Scally now wait till they've listened to Evans blaming individual players, referees, fans, opposing teams, the ball being too round, the grass being too long, the paint on the lines not being white enough, the goals being too small......

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 May 2019, 21:01

DaveLister wrote:
24 May 2019, 18:58
ashman wrote:

:lol: Wait nine months, if the fans don't like Scally now wait till they've listened to Evans blaming individual players, referees, fans, opposing teams, the ball being too round, the grass being too long, the paint on the lines not being white enough, the goals being too small......
"Wait nine months," ...and his wife being pregnant?
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 03 Jun 2019, 22:43

Former Gillingham defender Steve Bruce says new boss Steve Evans can raise the roof at Priestfield.
The former Gills defender, who has made a career in football at the top level, was one of the first to phone Steve Evans and congratulate him on his appointment at Priestfield.

Winning at home has been a problem for the Gills for the last two seasons and Evans knows all too well what can happen if the team don’t produce regularly on their own turf, something he encountered at former club Peterborough.

Evans said: “The support base is there, it’s huge, but people want a winning product and winning at home is something I never achieved (enough) at Peterborough and I will regret it forever.

“I want to get us winning here (at Priestfield). I have been successful everywhere else at home."

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 04 Jun 2019, 06:26

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 May 2019, 07:39
ashman wrote:

I'll bet you a tenner that Gillingham finish higher than us.

Winner chooses the charity the loser has to pay.
You’re on! Make it £20 though?

Please pay my winnings to CLIC Sargent :clap2:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 04 Jun 2019, 09:42

Evans said“At Peterborough the chairman invests millions every year and he gave us every opportunity.”
Money isn’t everything, though, and Evans is sure he can succeed on less.

“Within our means, the chairman will give us every chance here,” explained Evans. “As Doncaster Rovers proved, getting that last play-off place and being very unfortunate not to get to Wembley, you can understand it is not always about budgets."

Gaz could be right!
tonyp wrote:
03 Jun 2019, 22:43
Former Gillingham defender Steve Bruce says new boss Steve Evans can raise the roof at Priestfield.
The former Gills defender, who has made a career in football at the top level, was one of the first to phone Steve Evans and congratulate him on his appointment at Priestfield.

Winning at home has been a problem for the Gills for the last two seasons and Evans knows all too well what can happen if the team don’t produce regularly on their own turf, something he encountered at former club Peterborough.

Evans said: “The support base is there, it’s huge, but people want a winning product and winning at home is something I never achieved (enough) at Peterborough and I will regret it forever.

“I want to get us winning here (at Priestfield). I have been successful everywhere else at home."

tonyp

Re: Evans

Post by tonyp » 20 Jun 2019, 22:54

From KentOnline
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spo ... er-206851/
Steve Evans' reign as Gillingham manager starts with a trip to Doncaster Rovers.

The opening game takes place on Saturday, August 3 and Evans takes charge of his first game at Priestfield the following weekend, at home to Burton Albion.

Evans, who faces a four-match touchline ban at the start of the season, will be up against two of his former clubs and will be looking forward to the trips to Peterborough on Saturday, January 11 and Rotherham on Saturday, March 28.
“Rotherham United is a club that will be in my heart forever,” said the Gills boss.
He also said -
“I have got loads of games to look forward to and Peterborough is one. It will be great to go back.
“I have got a great relationship with the chairman there Darragh MacAnthony (the chairman) and Barry Fry (the director of football) and all the board, the staff as well, because I have left some staff I took in.