Hand Ball

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Poshay

Hand Ball

Post by Poshay » 07 Mar 2019, 09:01

Last night's match in Paris was decided by a penalty for hand ball given by the ref using VAR. All three ex footballers on the TV panel (Ferdinand, Owen and Hargreaves) were adamant that it wasn't hand ball but the ref in attendance disagreed stating hat as the laws stood at present it was. Surely if there is such a disagreement the laws of the game need clarifying. Surely hand ball was meant to mean that a hand was deliberately used to block the ball. Opinions???
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Re: Hand Ball

Post by bristleposh » 07 Mar 2019, 10:10

I think it's a tragedy that Manchester United actually won the game, the fact that the winner came after a controversy, the decision is even worse. There should be one law for Manchester United and another for all other teams. However that being said, some decisions can not be seen with the naked eye at full speed, having seen it only on breakfast TV this morning I'd say if it involved any other team it was a nailed on penalty, and would have been extremely disappointed had it involved Posh had it not been given.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 07 Mar 2019, 10:47

Nailed on penalty. Players have been getting away with decisions in their favour for far too long. More goals per game means, in general, more entertainment.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Mar 2019, 12:21

ashman wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:47
Nailed on penalty. Players have been getting away with decisions in their favour for far too long. More goals per game means, in general, more entertainment.
:stupid:
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

dunc

Post by dunc » 07 Mar 2019, 12:37

Most continental referess seem to have a much stricter line over handball decisions than Premier referees, I remember a couple of similar decisions made in the World Cup following VAR reviews. If your arms are away from your body, it doesn't seem to matter how unintentional it appears or how close to the struck ball you are!
I believe FIFA intend to clarify the handball position for next season, (so that should make things even harder to understand)!

daib0

Post by daib0 » 09 Mar 2019, 00:20

ashman wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:47
I'm agreed with you. Even if it wasn't obviously "deliberate" it DID alter substantially the course of the ball. That's NOT the fault of the striker making a shot, so SHOULD be taken into account!!!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 12 Mar 2019, 16:38

bristleposh wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:10
I think it's a tragedy that Manchester United actually won the game, the fact that the winner came after a controversy, the decision is even worse. There should be one law for Manchester United and another for all other teams. However that being said, some decisions can not be seen with the naked eye at full speed, having seen it only on breakfast TV this morning I'd say if it involved any other team it was a nailed on penalty, and would have been extremely disappointed had it involved Posh had it not been given.
Blimey Brizzle giving Manchester United the nod!
We go again...
Proud to be POSH