Northampton Town

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

daib0

Northampton Town

Post by daib0 » 06 Sep 2017, 19:21

NORTHAMPTON TOWN

At present propping up League one must be a big disappointment to the Chinese company that supposedly paid £6m for a 60% stake in the club just a few months ago. Edinburgh their manager paid the price and has gone and replaced by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

First interview:
https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/jfh_060917
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

bristleposh

Re: Northampton Town

Post by bristleposh » 06 Sep 2017, 19:51

Do you mind not swearing on our message board, thank you
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

daib0

Post by daib0 » 06 Sep 2017, 21:03

haha, what a load of cobblers!

But seriously, is rivalry with them that bad?!
A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 07 Sep 2017, 06:26

daib0 wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 21:03

It's a historic thing, to supporters of a certain age they are our number one rivals. Younger people consider Scumbridge to be that rival, and ones with little knowledge and even shorter memories The Imposters. One day perhaps Stamford or Yaxley may become the number one, which given the progress made by teams like Fleetwood, Burton and Forest Green is not so daft a statement as it may appear at first glance.

From afar and believing newspaper reporting I imagine Oxford and or Swindon to be Reading's rivals, or possibly QPR but is that more a hoops thing.
I started a joke that had the whole world crying
But I didn't see that the joke was on me

daib0

Post by daib0 » 07 Sep 2017, 07:24

bristleposh wrote:
07 Sep 2017, 06:26
daib0 wrote:
06 Sep 2017, 21:03

It's a historic thing, to supporters of a certain age they are our number one rivals. Younger people consider Scumbridge to be that rival, and ones with little knowledge and even shorter memories The Imposters. One day perhaps Stamford or Yaxley may become the number one, which given the progress made by teams like Fleetwood, Burton and Forest Green is not so daft a statement as it may appear at first glance.

From afar and believing newspaper reporting I imagine Oxford and or Swindon to be Reading's rivals, or possibly QPR but is that more a hoops thing.
Yep, to even more of us Aldershot was the nice rival, but they are so many leagues apart now. Nastiest is surely Oxford, I remember away days where your stomach was very uneasy walking back to the car afterwards!!