ABBA

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

bristleposh

ABBA

Post by bristleposh » 07 Aug 2017, 12:03

DoubleRay wrote:
07 Aug 2017, 11:57
bristleposh wrote:
07 Aug 2017, 11:52
DoubleRay wrote:
07 Aug 2017, 11:35

Look,... football ain't tennis. I know it's a racket and players like to lob on each other but it ain't tennis.
really I hadn't realised they weren't the same
Yep, bigger balls and everything. :)
There are some things sports can learn from other sports, I think football because of it's dyed in the wool attitude is at risk of falling behind many others who fully use the available technology and ideas, as I said in an earlier post by changing ends after six penalties it gives the spectators at the other end a close up view of the action, in much the same way ABBA does.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

DoubleRay

Re: ABBA

Post by DoubleRay » 07 Aug 2017, 12:19

I think Dave from Derby has a good idea. He suggests:
" I think that the football authorities are missing a trick on this one, i would like to see the penalties taken before the game starts & in the event of a draw the penalty results decide who wins, think about it, the penalty shoot out losers, won't want a drawn game or the penalty winners won't want to rely on their penalty result just in case the other team scores".

bristleposh

Re: ABBA

Post by bristleposh » 07 Aug 2017, 13:24

DoubleRay wrote:
07 Aug 2017, 12:19
I think Dave from Derby has a good idea. He suggests:
" I think that the football authorities are missing a trick on this one, i would like to see the penalties taken before the game starts & in the event of a draw the penalty results decide who wins, think about it, the penalty shoot out losers, won't want a drawn game or the penalty winners won't want to rely on their penalty result just in case the other team scores".
I like that, it would certainly stop a lot of negative tactics especially if the team has been reduced to ten men and are just trying to hold out for penalties, if they'd lost that they'd have to go for it.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png