England v Germany and Brazil

Chat about any non-Posh related football matters here.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

bristleposh

England v Germany and Brazil

Post by bristleposh » 10 Nov 2017, 23:13

Getting impressed by England all four of the back three played well, goalkeeper actually had the right idea, keep the ball out of the net. All four fullbacks look to have pace to spare. Lotus-Cheek looks the dogs, with Alli, Kane, Lallana, things is looking good
Last edited by bristleposh on 14 Nov 2017, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

Brianposh

Re: England v Germany

Post by Brianposh » 10 Nov 2017, 23:22

Thought we played a bit better than of late.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Nov 2017, 00:34

Just thought of another certainty for Russia, Harry Winks

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 11 Nov 2017, 08:55

I kept nodding off whilst watching the match. Each time I woke up it took a little time to realise that the team in white shirts was not the team of England qualified players.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From Happy Valley to the Slough of Despond. :roll:

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Nov 2017, 09:32

Poshay wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 08:55
I kept nodding off whilst watching the match. Each time I woke up it took a little time to realise that the team in white shirts was not the team of England qualified players.
It's a FIFA decision that the World Champions can play in their home strip whether they are playing at home or away! I bet that will restrict their profits on selling shirts if they don't have an away shirt!!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 11 Nov 2017, 13:38

ashman wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:32
Poshay wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 08:55
It's a FIFA decision that the World Champions can play in their home strip whether they are playing at home or away! I bet that will restrict their profits on selling shirts if they don't have an away shirt!!
I did read that England played in blue rather than red for commercial reasons. Personally, considering that this is the 11th of November, I thought they should have played in red but hey ho.

bristleposh

Re: England v Germany & Brazil

Post by bristleposh » 14 Nov 2017, 23:28

Nicely done Mr Southgate, bringing in young untried players and getting two goalless draws against the top two in the World. Hart had a good game, the back five all did well, especially man of the match Gomez. Dier was brilliant until tiring towards the end, Livermore did his bit, as did Loftus-Cheek before injury took its toll. Lingard was a revelation, and Vardy and Rashford apart from not really keeping the ball did OK, the young lad Solanke looks the dogs, and Young when coming on made a wonderful challenge to keep the score at nought nought. I'm more than excited by the fact that we still have Alli, Winks, Lallana, Henderson and Kane to come back. Come on England more expectations from this lot than the so called golden generation.

stuie

Re: England v Germany & Brazil

Post by stuie » 15 Nov 2017, 00:05

bristleposh wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 23:28
Nicely done Mr Southgate, bringing in young untried players and getting two goalless draws against the top two in the World. Hart had a good game, the back five all did well, especially man of the match Gomez. Dier was brilliant until tiring towards the end, Livermore did his bit, as did Loftus-Cheek before injury took its toll. Lingard was a revelation, and Vardy and Rashford apart from not really keeping the ball did OK, the young lad Solanke looks the dogs, and Young when coming on made a wonderful challenge to keep the score at nought nought. I'm more than excited by the fact that we still have Alli, Winks, Lallana, Henderson and Kane to come back. Come on England more expectations from this lot than the so called golden generation.
:stupid:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far