Private Messaging.

Post any questions for club officials in this forum.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1461
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Private Messaging.

Postby PoshCynic » 07 Jun 2014, 20:18

I have twice tried to reply to a message sent to me by tonyp.

The replies are in my outbox but I cannot see how to get them out of it to the "sent" box. Neither can I delete them.

HELP please. Many thanks

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 17088
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Private Messaging.

Postby tonyp » 07 Jun 2014, 22:56

PoshCynic wrote:I have twice tried to reply to a message sent to me by tonyp.

The replies are in my outbox but I cannot see how to get them out of it to the "sent" box. Neither can I delete them.

HELP please. Many thanks

I had that same problem a while ago.
Apparently what happens is that a message stays in your outbox until the recipient opens it in his (or her) inbox.
It then goes to your sent box.
In other words it isn't considered "sent" until it has been received and opened.
Consequently I received two messages from you. They should both now be in your sent box.
And one reply in your in box.
Being happy never goes out of style.

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15875
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Private Messaging.

Postby poshnipper » 08 Jun 2014, 10:19

tonyp wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:I have twice tried to reply to a message sent to me by tonyp.

The replies are in my outbox but I cannot see how to get them out of it to the "sent" box. Neither can I delete them.

HELP please. Many thanks

I had that same problem a while ago.
Apparently what happens is that a message stays in your outbox until the recipient opens it in his (or her) inbox.
It then goes to your sent box.
In other words it isn't considered "sent" until it has been received and opened.
Consequently I received two messages from you. They should both now be in your sent box.
And one reply in your in box.
Is the correct answer :clap:
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

User avatar
stuie
Posts: 13766
Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 15:14
Location: cheshire

Re: Private Messaging.

Postby stuie » 08 Jun 2014, 14:49

by the way my PM sent to Kev is still sat in my outbox, so looks like he has not ben on the board for ages
Rochdale to Bolton 2016 - 2017

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15521
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Private Messaging.

Postby ashman » 08 Jun 2014, 16:13

stuie wrote:by the way my PM sent to Kev is still sat in my outbox, so looks like he has not ben on the board for ages

Worrying. :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15875
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!
Contact:

Re: Private Messaging.

Postby poshnipper » 08 Jun 2014, 17:19

ashman wrote:
stuie wrote:by the way my PM sent to Kev is still sat in my outbox, so looks like he has not ben on the board for ages

Worrying. :shock:

Very!
Wherever is he?
If anyone can, McCann can
xxxxxxx Proud to be POSH xxxxxxx

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 17088
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Private Messaging.

Postby tonyp » 08 Jun 2014, 23:24

poshnipper wrote:
ashman wrote:
stuie wrote:by the way my PM sent to Kev is still sat in my outbox, so looks like he has not ben on the board for ages

Worrying. :shock:

Very!
Wherever is he?


There is a Kev on the "other" board as well
http://www.londonroad.net/Forums/member.php?u=2589

This message board
Kev
Location Peterborough
Age 23
Joined Feb 21 2008
Last visited May 22 2014
(which means he could have opened your and my PMs stuie but didn't)

The other board
Kev
Location Peterborough
Age 23
Joined April 23 2008
Last visited June 8 2014

It could be just a coincidence or he just got fed up with this board for some reason.
I sent him a PM on this board and then on the other board (soon after he went missing from this board) asking if he was the same Kev but he didn’t reply.

It's all very intriguing.
Being happy never goes out of style.


Return to “Questions for the Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest