putv

Post any questions for club officials in this forum.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

tatetate

putv

Post by tatetate » 02 Jan 2012, 20:28

I will keep this brief,match highlights from the middelsborough game were pathetic, seems the only thing we did was score from a corner,ur taken the piss , get ur finger out and deliver,u are suppose to b providing a service 2& half mins of action my arse, :evil:

bristleposh

Re: putv

Post by bristleposh » 02 Jan 2012, 20:31

I have to say I agree with you for once, it would have been nice had you put the thread in the Questions for the club section though. You may well have got a decent answer of explanation from Chris.
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

Chris
Site Admin

Post by Chris » 03 Jan 2012, 14:04

As previously stated, unfortunately as the highlights are edited centrally by Perform Group from the feed they are sent, we do not know what is going up until its live. Some weeks they are very long, other weeks there are less highlights. Perform say this is dependant on the footage that is fed to them by the TV companies.
Chris Brewer
Head of Media & Ticketing
theposh.com

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Jan 2012, 15:16

Chris wrote:As previously stated, unfortunately as the highlights are edited centrally by Perform Group from the feed they are sent, we do not know what is going up until its live. Some weeks they are very long, other weeks there are less highlights. Perform say this is dependant on the footage that is fed to them by the TV companies.
Are you still putting up the full match, or can you only do that when Perform allow you to, then the young man who made the initial enquiry may find he can watch the full match at his leisure. (Mind you he'd probably still find something else to moan about.

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Jan 2012, 17:50

Chris

I think all you do at Posh is brill, etc

I do think Perform Group do let you down, and this should be fed back to them

I was at the match yesterday, but one of my Posh friends text from US to say he had lost commentry and it went to the Cambridge game before the penalty, please can you follow this up with Perform

Chris

thanks for your support in 2011,
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Jan 2012, 18:06

Even better than that - make Perform's contact numbers and addresses available to us all here on the main site and also on the two supporters forums, then make an appeal for people to contact them direct. It is us mugs who are paying for a below standard service and I am sure a few well chosen words of refusing to pay for the shoddy service next year will help your cause Chris.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

stuie

Post by stuie » 03 Jan 2012, 18:14

ashman wrote:Even better than that - make Perform's contact numbers and addresses available to us all here on the main site and also on the two supporters forums, then make an appeal for people to contact them direct. It is us mugs who are paying for a below standard service and I am sure a few well chosen words of refusing to pay for the shoddy service next year will help your cause Chris.
I am with you on most Ashman

however the trouble is, if you do not live in the area covered by radio cambridge, the only way you can get lkive commentry is via posh.com

Except if you own the club, (and Darragh is too good at that for me to even think about that)

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Jan 2012, 19:14

stuie wrote:
ashman wrote:Even better than that - make Perform's contact numbers and addresses available to us all here on the main site and also on the two supporters forums, then make an appeal for people to contact them direct. It is us mugs who are paying for a below standard service and I am sure a few well chosen words of refusing to pay for the shoddy service next year will help your cause Chris.
I am with you on most Ashman

however the trouble is, if you do not live in the area covered by radio cambridge, the only way you can get lkive commentry is via posh.com

Except if you own the club, (and Darragh is too good at that for me to even think about that)
I think there is some confusion here stuie. There are TWO seperate issues:

1) Live commentary of Posh matches from Radio Cambridge via The PoshPlayer, for people outside of Cambridge's transmission area and
2) Video highlights of matches, also shown on The PoshPlayer but tranmitted a couple of days after the event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) If you are out of the Radio Cambridge area you can (or should be able to) listen to the commentary of the match via the PoshPlayer. Many times the transmission has been very patchy. Whether this is Radio Cambs fault or the PoshPlayer is debatable.

2) The highlights of the match on the PoshPlayer, which are usually shown a couple of days after the game are (I have found, to be fair) always available but to say that they are proper highlights is another issue. You can usually get the same, or very similar, very short highlights, directly from the BBC Site. Sometimes the Poshplayer highlights are a few minutes longer, but only just.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we need Perform to understand is that fans are quite willing to pay for a service but this service MUST:

a) Provide a full commentary from Radio Cambridge for the full match, including pre-match line ups and final analysis from Bob and whoever else is doing the commentary and

b) MUST give us proper 'highlights' of the match, a couple of days later, after all significant happenings have been edited into the highlights. It is not good enough to just show the goals in a 3 or 4 minute snapshot. That is not what we pay for.

p.s. The only other way to get full value for money would be to become DMac's rentboy! :wink:

tatetate

Post by tatetate » 03 Jan 2012, 22:32

And if you also take in to account the amount of unnecessary laborious replays that are shown,it really does become quite pathetic the actual amount of time given to the highlights show,every team gets the full match cd which they must have the rights too, no excuses , :x :x :x :x :x

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Jan 2012, 09:47

I enjoyed the bit where the players walked out of the tunnel, to suggest that that was one of the highlights makes me understand why so few people attend at LR. Cut out that bit and the repeats of the goals and there was probably less than a minute of the Brum game

stuie

Post by stuie » 05 Feb 2012, 20:13

Just watched 1minute 30 seconds of highlights, take away the replay and the footage of the surrounding snow, really not enough

it showed 3 pieces of action the 2 goals and 1 save by Joe

the football league show had more footage

really, really not good enough

plesse can someone discuss this with the supplier (please)

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 06 Feb 2012, 09:12

What happened to these full games we were promised, I personally don't like them, but it is certainly better than what stuie has reported above.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 18 Apr 2012, 17:23

PUTV interview with Fergie after the Southampton game does not work at present.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Apr 2012, 19:48

Brianposh wrote:PUTV interview with Fergie after the Southampton game does not work at present.
The rest of the interviews do however! This has happened before, where the lead interview doesn't work, but older ones do play.

stuie

Post by stuie » 18 Apr 2012, 20:03

not working for me either