Posh Player

Post any questions for club officials in this forum.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Leon Rigby-Robson

Posh Player

Post by Leon Rigby-Robson » 26 Aug 2009, 14:23

1) When will the Posh archive be available?

2) Last Match - why no details of the teams? Perhaps a link to match reports would help?

Lodziak Green

Re: Posh Player

Post by Lodziak Green » 03 Sep 2009, 15:46

Still no sign on Posh archive. Also I hope the download deature is available.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Sep 2009, 18:47

Lodziak Green wrote:Still no sign on Posh archive. Also I hope the download deature is available.
were you trying to get your teeth into that comment or did you mean feature
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 06 Oct 2009, 08:49

Very disappointed! I have just been on the Nottingham Forest Player (same log in and password as the Posh Player) and there are 9 minutes and 47 secs. of action. The Posh Player has 3 mins and 7 secs, of which one whole minute is taken up with the Joe Lewis injury. This leaves just 2 mins. of actual action! Can anyone explain why I can get more about my home team on the away team's highlights?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

taraj

Post by taraj » 06 Oct 2009, 13:35

bristleposh wrote:
Lodziak Green wrote:Still no sign on Posh archive. Also I hope the download deature is available.
were you trying to get your teeth into that comment or did you mean feature
He was trying to put his teeth in

PoshBlue

Post by PoshBlue » 06 Oct 2009, 20:28

ashman wrote:Very disappointed! I have just been on the Nottingham Forest Player (same log in and password as the Posh Player) and there are 9 minutes and 47 secs. of action. The Posh Player has 3 mins and 7 secs, of which one whole minute is taken up with the Joe Lewis injury. This leaves just 2 mins. of actual action! Can anyone explain why I can get more about my home team on the away team's highlights?
Thats ridiculous! :evil:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Oct 2009, 11:00

I have seen all the adverts for Posh Player, obviously every time I go to the main site, but how is it that supporters have to pay to see highlights, when teams such as Livingston in Jockland have their highlights TV for free and by my judgement of the bit I just watched of their last game against East Stirling a longer highlights programme.
http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/lfctv/eas ... 56x480.php

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Oct 2009, 12:49

No idea bristle - but I am still waiting for a reply from the club! :cry:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Neil

Post by Neil » 08 Oct 2009, 14:48

ASHMAN; Posh Player subscription allows you to be able to access every other football clubs player site, and every single one is different, Yes they may have extended highlights, but then they dont sell match DVD's for the small price of £5. We use the highlights that 'Perform' (the company that set up Player) put up which I think you will agree, are of much better quality than that of last season.

And as I said if you would like to see more of the match then the club will have a DVD of the very same game you wish to view more of for £5.

Posh Player is not only for highlights, but for interviews, features, pre and post match, and allows you to listen to the match live from any where you fancy, and for the money that you pay the service is of good quality.

At the end of the day you are not going to please everyone, and the club as a whole are trying to move forward in every possible area, taking on board comments from the fans ( which is why match DVD's were created this season).

I hope this answers your question and settles your mind.
Last edited by Neil on 08 Oct 2009, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

Neil

Post by Neil » 08 Oct 2009, 14:55

LEON; The Posh Archive will be available in the coming months and is unfortunately not set up by the club but by 'Perform' ( the company that create Player sites) this is the same for every football league club and not just Peterborough United.

The last match problem I shall look into for you.

Hope that helps

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Oct 2009, 15:48

I think Neil is thinking I'm not worth replying to :cry: :cry: :cry:

Neil

Post by Neil » 08 Oct 2009, 17:14

Sorry Bristolposh I over looked yours completely lol.

Every football League and Prem team have either a Player site or a Online TV site, Livingston do not have that option to give to fans as they are in the 3rd div of the scottish leagues, but instead stream match highlights to fans for free.

PUTV through Posh Player as mentioned before brings so much more to fans than just match highlights, this is something that Livingston are not providing.

Match highlights for all football league teams are on BBC1 on the evening of the match, this is the FREE option in our case, In my opinion ( and i am a fan also ) PUTV is most certainly worth the 12. something pence a day.

As I said before we will not please everybody but we are trying our best to listen to fans and move forward in every possible area.

Hope that helps

Lodziak Green

Post by Lodziak Green » 08 Oct 2009, 18:13

BBC show the match highlights for free anyway?

Neil

Post by Neil » 08 Oct 2009, 18:16

Neil wrote:Match highlights for all football league teams are on BBC1 on the evening of the match, this is the FREE option in our case, In my opinion ( and i am a fan also ) PUTV is most certainly worth the 12. something pence a day.

Correct

Lodziak Green

Post by Lodziak Green » 08 Oct 2009, 18:23

Oh sorry, I meant on the actual website aswell as TV.