Not Happy (not as promising as it sounds)

Post any questions for club officials in this forum.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

The GFP

Not Happy (not as promising as it sounds)

Post by The GFP » 28 Apr 2009, 23:32

ive not been to see the soon to be mighty posh in about 12 months as ive had a break from going to football every week since 1987

i have rang the ticket office then pressed 1 then pressed 2 every day for a week if not 3 times a day and all it does is ring, ring, ring, ring ...

now i hear that all tickets have gone

im so annoyed its unreal

ive tried to get tickets for the last 3 home games

ive emailed 4 times and not had 1 damn reply

i hate to say this next bit as its usually a bit people say to make an extra point but im not trying to

being in a wheelchair i used to just turn up and pay on the gate and as such i cant buy tickets over the phone from some automated system and need to actually speak to a human (shock horror and so 1980's of me)

i gave up 4 season tickets at a premiership club after 20 consecutive seasons and have decided to follow my local team as im sick of the BS that comes with supporting a top 4 team and then i find it harder to get hold of somone then i did with the prem club

i was intending to buy 2 season tickets for next season but at this rate ive got no chance

not so much of a rant more of a "how the hell can i contact somone" question

Brianposh

Re: Not Happy (not as promising as it sounds)

Post by Brianposh » 28 Apr 2009, 23:51

Swindon tickets were sold out over a week ago. The other 3 games prior to Swindon at home had plenty of tickets available so how come you did not get one??? Do you live locally? I know dozens of fans who ring and get their tickets. It is a 24 hour ticket line number and you can also order on-line.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

The GFP

Post by The GFP » 29 Apr 2009, 00:00

i cant use the automated line as i need a ticket for the wheelchair section and thats not an option on there

i have been ringing for 2-3 weeks (im not sure exactly as i did not make a mental note the first few times)

i needed to speak to the ticket woman who deals with wheelchair tickets

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 29 Apr 2009, 07:48

Can you visit the ticket Office, just the once and set up exactly what you need to do???
I will find 2-3 phone and e-mail numbers for you and you WILL be able to talk to someone.I will come back on here to edit this posting.....................right......
Ticket Office 01733-865674 Margaret Poole email.....tickets@theposh.com
Community Officer.....email.....nikki@theposh.com
Mary in the Main Office......01733-563947 email.....info.@theposh.com
Try them TODAY
Last edited by Brianposh on 29 Apr 2009, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.

taraj

Post by taraj » 29 Apr 2009, 15:54

As sympathetic as i am to supporters having a break from football for various reasons but i am afraid if you are a fair weather fan you will not get priority for tickets.Why did you have a break when posh have been fighting for promotion for the last 2 seasons it doesnt add up mate.

The GFP

Post by The GFP » 29 Apr 2009, 17:25

ive not been this season

i went to a few last season

i fell out of love for the game

ive been going to see my prem club every home and some away and all finals since 1987 when i was 17 to end of the 2007 season and quiet frankly am sick of prem footy as its all about money and screw the fans

but i still went to see the boro a few times a season

its just weird that as soon as i take a 12 month ish break from footy the boro have their best run ever and then they will be a prem club if we keep darren in the next 2 seasons then they will no doubt treat their fans like cattle and see us as £ signs rather than people

im still quiet cynical about top level footy

and thanks to the person with the numbers and as ive just got in ill ring them now but i dont hold out much hope

thanks people for your help

The GFP

Post by The GFP » 29 Apr 2009, 17:28

please wait while we transfer you to an available agent ...... ring ring ring ring ring ......

thats all it does

do they all go home at 5pm ?

The GFP

Post by The GFP » 29 Apr 2009, 17:36

i gave up after 10 mins of ringing

that other number is a fax number

ive emailed nikki at the address you gave me

cheers

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 29 Apr 2009, 17:45

Offices closes at 5.00.
If you go into the Official site under Fans etc.it lists contacts and all the numbers
If you cannot get to Ground between 9.00-5.00 during week try next Saturday morning 9.00-12.00 before the game v Swindon.
I have never ever had a problem getting hold of somebody between 9.00 - 5.00, being careful not to ring between 1.00-2.00 lunchtime
Last edited by Brianposh on 29 Apr 2009, 17:46, edited 2 times in total.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 29 Apr 2009, 17:46

The GFP wrote: its just weird that as soon as i take a 12 month ish break from footy the boro have their best run ever and then they will be a prem club if we keep darren in the next 2 seasons then they will no doubt treat their fans like cattle and see us as £ signs rather than people
I so hope you aint gonna be an unlucky charm for us - not that I'm superstitious or anything! :wink:

Darragh and Darren have never treated us like cattle and I doubt very much that will change in the future.
If Darragh only considered us as £ signs ....
why would he have just kept the ticket prices the same for the 3rd season?
why would have negotiated a special deal with Zebra finance so fans can pay for their Season Tickets over 12months?
why does he take time out to personally answer our many, many questions?
why does he have regular Fans Forums?
why does he ask his main man, Bob Symns, to meet with Supporters reps every single month?
why does he personally answer our e:mails?

I think you're barking completely up the wrong tree.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

The GFP

Post by The GFP » 29 Apr 2009, 22:45

hopefully not

was more of a snipe at the way the prem is run

my first posh game was ment to be the posh v liverpool back in 1990 ish

but having bought our 2 tickets and getting there late they did not let us in so we had to go away

so my actuall 1st game was

07-09-97 PETERBORO 5-1 BARNET DIVISION 3

since then ive done about 30 odd but baring in mind i had season tickets for my prem club and got quiet a few barnet games in too

been following boro since about 1987 so not jumping on any glory trains

infact when i decided to stop going to prem games and start following posh we were mid table in the 4th tier

i am very happy with what darragh has done and its almost magical what has happend

5pm !

ill try again tommorow

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 29 Apr 2009, 23:24

How comes you have travelled about and got about for Premiership games but you cannot manage to get a ticket for Posh. Sounds all a bit fishy. Got there late,bought tickets but not let in. You obviously was not that keen to get there otherwise you would have arrived in plenty of time.

taraj

Post by taraj » 30 Apr 2009, 00:05

As i said Brian a fairweather fan never seen him on the boards why now we have won promotion?-These people have little cred.

jdbaby

Post by jdbaby » 30 Apr 2009, 00:09

and if you havd tickets..surely they have to let you in.. if they didnt let me in i would of kicked up a fuss not of gone home:|
JdBaby&&Lucas.<3 Pufc.<3

taraj

Post by taraj » 30 Apr 2009, 01:23

The GFP wrote:hopefully not

was more of a snipe at the way the prem is run

my first posh game was ment to be the posh v liverpool back in 1990 ish

but having bought our 2 tickets and getting there late they did not let us in so we had to go away

so my actuall 1st game was

07-09-97 PETERBORO 5-1 BARNET DIVISION 3

since then ive done about 30 odd but baring in mind i had season tickets for my prem club and got quiet a few barnet games in too

been following boro since about 1987 so not jumping on any glory trains

infact when i decided to stop going to prem games and start following posh we were mid table in the 4th tier

i am very happy with what darragh has done and its almost magical what has happend

5pm !

ill try again tommorow
Dont bother!