FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: Poshman, poshnipper, matt404, Webby, philadlam

Post Reply
User avatar
Webby
.
Posts: 2216
Joined: 07 May 2005, 09:50

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by Webby » 19 Sep 2009, 00:11

My personal views:
1) Swearing - if you can't find a better way experssing yourself I pity you, but as this is a family friendly forum, swearing will remain banned. You may:
Swear in its full form AND PREVIEW THE POST TO CHECK THE SWEAR FILTER HAS DONE ITS JOB.
Replace the swear word by a full set of asterisks e.g. ****

2) Adult section - from the point of view of the clubs image I don't think the club would support having an adult section - you will find that the majority of boards that have them are fan run boards - as again the club (and these boards) are run to appeal to families and young kids too. I know you will argue it is well segregated, but the controls in place would be very subjective, how can any moderator be sure the person who PMs them to say they are 16 actually is. (There are legal ramifications here too).

Hope that helps.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26102
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by bristleposh » 19 Sep 2009, 11:11

Webby wrote:My personal views:
1) Swearing - if you can't find a better way experssing yourself I pity you, but as this is a family friendly forum, swearing will remain banned. You may:
Swear in its full form AND PREVIEW THE POST TO CHECK THE SWEAR FILTER HAS DONE ITS JOB.
Replace the swear word by a full set of asterisks e.g. ****

2) Adult section - from the point of view of the clubs image I don't think the club would support having an adult section - you will find that the majority of boards that have them are fan run boards - as again the club (and these boards) are run to appeal to families and young kids too. I know you will argue it is well segregated, but the controls in place would be very subjective, how can any moderator be sure the person who PMs them to say they are 16 actually is. (There are legal ramifications here too).

Hope that helps.
**** **** ****
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

sheffieldposh

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by sheffieldposh » 19 Sep 2009, 21:28

Webby wrote:
2) Adult section - from the point of view of the clubs image I don't think the club would support having an adult section - you will find that the majority of boards that have them are fan run boards - as again the club (and these boards) are run to appeal to families and young kids too. I know you will argue it is well segregated, but the controls in place would be very subjective, how can any moderator be sure the person who PMs them to say they are 16 actually is. (There are legal ramifications here too).

Hope that helps.
It was worth a try asking :wink:

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15660
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by DaveLister » 27 Oct 2009, 21:59

Lodziak Green wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
Brianposh wrote:.....and the definition of an adult?............
I think what Paul is getting at is, people like myself Paul Poshman and Paul Sheffield tend to like what is euphamistically called adult humour, every now and then we will post stuff that moderators consider too risky for a family audience, if there were a seperate forum people who are old enough (I think over 16, but some may suggest 18) who want to have the pass to said forum can have it given directly by a mod, that way only people who will not be offended by the jokes will read them. So despite you being over 16, you may not wish to read adult humour jokes, so you would not apply for the password, others under 16 would probably get them from friends, I can imagine magic and his gang of ten year olds would soon find the right word, but if they go to that much trouble. Then tuff. There would obviously need to be some rules, as to the content but that can be hammered out later.
Goodbye Lodziak Green basically
Everyone's a winner :)
Image

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15995
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by poshnipper » 28 Oct 2009, 19:04

DaveLister wrote:
Lodziak Green wrote:Goodbye Lodziak Green basically
Everyone's a winner :)
Harsh! Image
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
69garden
Posts: 1126
Joined: 11 May 2005, 21:59
Location: Peterborough for the time being.

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by 69garden » 28 Oct 2009, 19:51

If people want to swear, they can go on dot.net.

No one cares there.

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8889
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by Brianposh » 28 Oct 2009, 20:08

I do.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 15660
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by DaveLister » 30 Oct 2009, 17:52

poshnipper wrote:
DaveLister wrote:
Lodziak Green wrote:Goodbye Lodziak Green basically
Everyone's a winner :)
Harsh! Image
Now, Nipper, you know me. Had this been .net, I would have had a lot more sport at the expense of the young fellow. Besides, I'm sure he recognises banter when he sees it :D
Image

sussexposh
Posts: 193
Joined: 06 Dec 2009, 11:00

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by sussexposh » 29 Dec 2009, 16:11

whatever you say, if they dont like it, they'll get rid of it.
i thought as a fan you i can say what i like,
sorry about my bad language, but if i wanna speak my mind about,the manager, fry, or anything else, you should'nt move it because you've heard it all before.

fry out.

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 26102
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by bristleposh » 29 Dec 2009, 16:27

sussexposh wrote:whatever you say, if they dont like it, they'll get rid of it.
i thought as a fan you i can say what i like,
sorry about my bad language, but if i wanna speak my mind about,the manager, fry, or anything else, you should'nt move it because you've heard it all before.

fry out.
it was moved because it was in the wrong place the same way a lot of other posts get moved eventually, the moderators have a hard enough job without people deliberately posting something in a thread of their own without thought to where they have put it,
https://hashtagbay.com/wp-content/uploads/product/40593/58f7f1702485b.png

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 15953
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by ashman » 29 Dec 2009, 18:58

bristleposh wrote:
sussexposh wrote:whatever you say, if they dont like it, they'll get rid of it.
i thought as a fan you i can say what i like,
sorry about my bad language, but if i wanna speak my mind about,the manager, fry, or anything else, you should'nt move it because you've heard it all before.

fry out.
it was moved because it was in the wrong place the same way a lot of other posts get moved eventually, the moderators have a hard enough job without people deliberately posting something in a thread of their own without thought to where they have put it,
It's called 'Fred Drift' and it is almost inevitable! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15995
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST

Post by poshnipper » 30 Dec 2009, 21:03

ashman wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
sussexposh wrote:whatever you say, if they dont like it, they'll get rid of it.
i thought as a fan you i can say what i like,
sorry about my bad language, but if i wanna speak my mind about,the manager, fry, or anything else, you should'nt move it because you've heard it all before.

fry out.
it was moved because it was in the wrong place the same way a lot of other posts get moved eventually, the moderators have a hard enough job without people deliberately posting something in a thread of their own without thought to where they have put it,
It's called 'Fred Drift' and it is almost inevitable! :roll:
It doesn't actually bother me but we do have other posters that get very very excited about it. bah, trying to keep everyone h h h h happy is damn hard work.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 8889
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by Brianposh » 03 Jan 2010, 20:29

Any chance in the future of having a photo rougues gallery Section so as we can recongnise each other at away games??
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

User avatar
notposhenough
Posts: 4834
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 19:11
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by notposhenough » 03 Jan 2010, 20:31

Brianposh wrote:Any chance in the future of having a photo rougues gallery Section so as we can recongnise each other at away games??
That was Bristle's suggestion here - http://theposhforum.co.uk/forumv2/viewt ... =2&t=14808 - but it never got very far.

I always look for you as Victor Meldrew, Brian, but I never see you :) .

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 15995
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: FORUM RULES READ BEFORE POSTING - UPDATED 26/7 SEE LAST POST

Post by poshnipper » 03 Jan 2010, 20:33

Brianposh wrote:Any chance in the future of having a photo rougues gallery Section so as we can recongnise each other at away games??
But who would go in the "Rougues Gallery", Brian?? 8)
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Brianposh, Chompy and 7 guests