Re: Imposters Away

Post by ashman » 26 Aug 2019, 16:25

Brianposh wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 14:09
tonyp wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 00:36
Brianposh wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 22:09
Good to see you Bristol and Gary. Must find a decent Pub to catch up on the gossip at an away game soon.
I was hoping for a report from you Brian. Any chance?
I stopped posting regular detailed match reports some time ago Tony as was receiving a few emails with nothing but what I considered unfair criticism each time.
I used to post match reports too but unfortunately there are one or two posters who treat a fair minded report with sarcasm and unwanted criticism. I may post a match report again sometime in the future, as long as I can see that those posters see it as purely a report, as I see it, and do not make it out to be a definitive criticism/appreciation of the team. In other words my opinion and my opinion only!
There were certain posters who always enjoyed and thanked me for my reports and for them I apologise as it has been spoilt by just a few! :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 26 Aug 2019, 21:33

It is surely always good to hear a broadly unbiased report of a game especially for those not able to have seen it

I am always interested also to hear a report of a game that I have attended as people often see things differently

So please feel free to report if only to enlighten me

I will appreciate it

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 26 Aug 2019, 21:47

ashman wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 16:25
Brianposh wrote:
tonyp wrote:

I stopped posting regular detailed match reports some time ago Tony as was receiving a few emails with nothing but what I considered unfair criticism each time.
I used to post match reports too but unfortunately there are one or two posters who treat a fair minded report with sarcasm and unwanted criticism. I may post a match report again sometime in the future, as long as I can see that those posters see it as purely a report, as I see it, and do not make it out to be a definitive criticism/appreciation of the team. In other words my opinion and my opinion only!
There were certain posters who always enjoyed and thanked me for my reports and for them I apologise as it has been spoilt by just a few! :shock:
Don't let one or two mindless morons get in the way, post away chap we enjoy your reports.

ashman

Post by ashman » 26 Aug 2019, 22:57

Steamy Nin wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 21:47
Don't let one or two mindless morons get in the way, post away chap we enjoy your reports.
Cheers. So here goes!
Taxi to The Red Lion in Bletchley and a couple of 'bevvies' and 'cheesy chips' in the sweltering heat by the canal, before checking the team sheets on Twitter. Good choice by Darren; a third unchanged team and even the subs were the same (I think!)
Unreserved seating at Stadium MK so no arguing where we were going to sit. The ones who wanted to be at the back and standing up could do!
There was a good start by Posh with snap chances from Maddison and Beevers resulting in nothing in the initial stages. After 20 minutes Marcus Maddison came up with a worldy. As Adi Mowles said 'Maddison, why are you shooting from .... oh good goal!' and he wasn't the only one saying something similar. Just a few minutes later and a free kick from (yes you guessed it) on the right was powerfully nodded home by Ivan Toney. 2 nil to the Posh.
3 nil to the POSH just before half time after a delightful training ground one-two between George Boyd and Eisa who powerfully finished off in the left hand corner of the goal.
Half time came and after this MK used one of their subs but this made little more impression than they did in the first half. Ryan Harley was introduced soon after this. I remember him ripping us another one when we played Exeter a few moons ago and was a player that we were after. He was just another MK player this time!
Maddison was subbed and was made to go off the pitch via the shortest route as according to the new rules. It was a great move as he had to walk past all the assembled Posh fans and take well deserved extra applause.
A Posh rising star, (Harrison Burrows) replaced him and it was as if it was Marcus himself as the lad's first touch was a delightful cross field pass to set up another attack for Eisa. From this position he picked up his second goal of the game with about a quarter of an hour to go. It was beautifully crafted by the recently criticised striker as he feigned left and then right before placing an unstoppable shot past the MK keeper for 4-0 to Posh.
Dembele replaced Eisa in the last ten minutes and nearly took the tally to five but for a good tip over from the keeper. Some of his showboating may have been approved by some but I found it unnecessary and unprofessional by a young man who needs to be told about his antics.
The midfield of Reed, Boyd and Knight worked so hard. Surely George is going to score soon. He has had several pot shots recently and they have all been on target, either being saved or hitting the woodwork.
Pym had virtually nothing to do which was down to great games from Beevers, Kent and Blake-Tracy. Even Mason, who has taken a good bit of criticism recently, had a good, strong game.
It was a superb away day and so incredibly hot; so hot, most fans just sat in their seats and caused us no trouble at all!
It was a fantastic effort from the team and most things seem to be going so well with increasing confidence throughout the team and the fans. Can we keep things going?? Injuries and suspensions and possibly players being transferred may impact on our season. I hope that DMac and the Canadians can see that we have been in similar situations before, letting top players go and then the season becomes a nonentity. Maybe the Canadians can support Darragh enough to ward off any player losses this time?
Exciting times, what with the ground developments and potentially a good chance of promotion. UTP
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 27 Aug 2019, 07:31

Thank you Dave, pretty much as I saw it albeit from (most of the time) a position at the back amongst the disabled. I was annoyed not to see you pre game as that was the pub we had planned on attending, but for some strange reason we ended up at The Old Red Lion, in a small village about a twenty pound taxi ride from the station. When we got there, my partner in crime commented about 'the idiots' who say MK's ground is rubbish, it most certainly is not it even make Reading's look poor. OK it's too big for them, but no doubt if they did have a bit of success like Brighton and Bristol City they would soon start filling it.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 27 Aug 2019, 09:59

Brianposh wrote:
tonyp wrote:
Brianposh wrote:
25 Aug 2019, 22:09
Good to see you Bristol and Gary. Must find a decent Pub to catch up on the gossip at an away game soon.
This time I took Dot and my two wonderful twin Grandchildren as MK have a great Stadium. They all enjoyed the game, except the Posh fans standing and blocking the view, in Row 1,2 ,3 etc.!!!!!
Posh were brilliant and as good as I have seen them since the last Fergie Management period. If we hold it all together for a good period there is no reason we do not go up this Season. Reed,Eisa,Toney,Boydie were excellent and Maddison a world beater, but they ALL played well together.

Have to go up soon, as age is shooting along quickly for me, and it might be my last chance to once again experience of the Championship, which is where we belong and would help the costs of the new all seater Stadium being built.
Great to read your comments Brian.
Hard to believe that people would post such rubbish to you.
And what a lovely photo that bristle shared with us. Good on you bristle!
Being happy never goes out of style

Suffolkposh

Post by Suffolkposh » 27 Aug 2019, 10:21

ashman wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 22:57
Unreserved seating at Stadium MK so no arguing where we were going to sit. The ones who wanted to be at the back and standing up could do!
No criticism of your report Dave. Agree with it all. It was nice to briefly cross paths as we got off the coach at MK.

My only beef with the crowd was the large group who were at the front side in line with the goal who stood all game causing many to have to move back to be able to see.
Other than that it was a great day out.
Formerly known as "Fenman25"
Winner in Prediction League 2017-18, 2018-19
Runner-up in Prediction League 2013-14

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 27 Aug 2019, 19:47

ashman wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 22:57
Steamy Nin wrote:
26 Aug 2019, 21:47
Cheers. So here goes!
Taxi to The Red Lion in Bletchley and a couple of 'bevvies' and 'cheesy chips' in the sweltering heat by the canal, before checking the team sheets on Twitter. Good choice by Darren; a third unchanged team and even the subs were the same (I think!)
There was a good start by Posh with snap chances from Maddison and Beevers resulting in nothing in the initial stages. After 20 minutes Marcus Maddison came up with a worldy. As Adi Mowles said 'Maddison, why are you shooting from .... oh good goal!' and he wasn't the only one saying something similar. Just a few minutes later and a free kick from (yes you guessed it) on the right was powerfully nodded home by Ivan Toney. 2 nil to the Posh.
3 nil to the POSH just before half time after a delightful training ground one-two between George Boyd and Eisa who powerfully finished off in the left hand corner of the goal.
Half time came and after this MK used one of their subs but this made little more impression than they did in the first half. Ryan Harley was introduced soon after this. I remember him ripping us another one when we played Exeter a few moons ago and was a player that we were after. He was just another MK player this time!
Maddison was subbed and was made to go off the pitch via the shortest route as according to the new rules. It was a great move as he had to walk past all the assembled Posh fans and take well deserved extra applause.
A Posh rising star, (Harrison Burrows) replaced him and it was as if it was Marcus himself as the lad's first touch was a delightful cross field pass to set up another attack for Eisa. From this position he picked up his second goal of the game with about a quarter of an hour to go. It was beautifully crafted by the recently criticised striker as he feigned left and then right before placing an unstoppable shot past the MK keeper for 4-0 to Posh.
Dembele replaced Eisa in the last ten minutes and nearly took the tally to five but for a good tip over from the keeper. Some of his showboating may have been approved by some but I found it unnecessary and unprofessional by a young man who needs to be told about his antics.
The midfield of Reed, Boyd and Knight worked so hard. Surely George is going to score soon. He has had several pot shots recently and they have all been on target, either being saved or hitting the woodwork.
Pym had virtually nothing to do which was down to great games from Beevers, Kent and Blake-Tracy. Even Mason, who has taken a good bit of criticism recently, had a good, strong game.
It was a superb away day and so incredibly hot; so hot, most fans just sat in their seats and caused us no trouble at all!
It was a fantastic effort from the team and most things seem to be going so well with increasing confidence throughout the team and the fans. Can we keep things going?? Injuries and suspensions and possibly players being transferred may impact on our season. I hope that DMac and the Canadians can see that we have been in similar situations before, letting top players go and then the season becomes a nonentity. Maybe the Canadians can support Darragh enough to ward off any player losses this time?
Exciting times, what with the ground developments and potentially a good chance of promotion. UTP
Great stuff and I love the bit about Maddison getting the applause as he walked round the pitch in front of the Posh fans, that is a real fans eye comment. Thanks