Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Southend away

Post by tonyp » 22 Aug 2019, 06:14

Steamy Nin wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 23:24
Great report from someone who was there. Thanks
That's what I thought too. I thought he must have been there.
With some of the reports you have to wonder.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Aug 2019, 08:03

Steamy Nin wrote:
21 Aug 2019, 23:24

Great report from someone who was there. Thanks
Along with lots of his friends called Stella.

Different people see different things in games even when they are there, you are not always looking at the important things, the running off the ball, or not running off the ball etc, watching it on iPlayer does at least give you a half way line perspective of what is going on not a view from behind the goal with other patrons jumping up and down in front of you or spending some of the time turning round and chastising others who are booing the keeper. They have even started showing replays of important issues, like the goals or penalty decisions, obviously not the hi-tech of Sky or the other broadcasters who have several camera angles to call upon, but still more than adequate for those unfortunate enough to not be able to attend every game in person.

Thank you Adi for your in depth analysis
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Aug 2019, 08:10

bristleposh wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 08:03

Different people see different things in games even when they are there, you are not always looking at the important things, the running off the ball, or not running off the ball etc, watching it on iPlayer does at least give you a half way line perspective of what is going on not a view from behind the goal with other patrons jumping up and down in front of you or spending some of the time turning round and chastising others who are booing the keeper. They have even started showing replays of important issues, like the goals or penalty decisions, obviously not the hi-tech of Sky or the other broadcasters who have several camera angles to call upon, but still more than adequate for those unfortunate enough to not be able to attend every game in person.

Some very good points there.

I've always thought watching football from behind a goal makes it nigh on impossible to judge.
I have no internet friends

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 22 Aug 2019, 10:00

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 08:10
bristleposh wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 08:03

Some very good points there.

I've always thought watching football from behind a goal makes it nigh on impossible to judge.
It gives a slightly different perspective thats for sure, in someways it's better and in others it's not so good, but its way more exciting behind the goal, especially in the second half when the lads are kicking into the LRE, but I must admit that my pet hate is when we are attacking the "Moys" end in the second half.