O'Malley

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: O'Malley

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Aug 2019, 09:15

ashman wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 09:08
He really wasn't a scapegoat. He had a long run of appalling mistakes and as Adi said 'It was the right move for Joe at the time.' He is also right in that it took him quite some time to become loved by the Aberdeen fans.
Bobby Olejnik was an improvement.(at the time!)
He really was a scapegoat.

You don't have to agree with Adi on everything you know :wink:
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Aug 2019, 11:27

Gaz_Miller wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 09:15
ashman wrote:
He really wasn't a scapegoat. He had a long run of appalling mistakes and as Adi said 'It was the right move for Joe at the time.' He is also right in that it took him quite some time to become loved by the Aberdeen fans.

:D

If I recall correctly Joe made those mistakes too regularly and each time the ball went near him there was a palpable collective sigh of relief that it hadn't resulted in a goal.
He was extremely well liked by all his colleagues but not letting go any names I know many of them felt the same as us fans with a heavy heart.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Aug 2019, 11:29

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:27
Gaz_Miller wrote:
ashman wrote:

:D

If I recall correctly Joe made those mistakes too regularly and each time the ball went near him there was a palpable collective sigh of relief that it hadn't resulted in a goal.
He was extremely well liked by all his colleagues but not letting go any names I know many of them felt the same as us fans with a heavy heart.
Anyway back on thread, Connor must be extremely confused by events. Not on the bench first game nor on the list until after that match when he didn't even play :lol:

One can only assume he's failed to impress the management.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 08 Aug 2019, 12:47

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 11:29
Anyway back on thread, Connor must be extremely confused by events. Not on the bench first game nor on the list until after that match when he didn't even play :lol:

One can only assume he's failed to impress the management.
At last, the management have got something right :clap2:
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 08 Aug 2019, 12:57

Or he asked for a move
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Aug 2019, 08:38

Gaz_Miller wrote:
ashman wrote:

Wrong. Adi and I often have quite opposite opinions and have healthy debates, particularly at away games. You don't have to dismiss out of hand the opinions of so many on here!
In this respect he was spot on; you just cannot maintain faith forever with such an obviously important position such as goalkeeper. Joe lewis had been making mistake after mistake, at the time, and he had pushed the limit just too far.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Aug 2019, 13:15

His position had become untenable so much so that Fred Barber’s mask was in danger of being recalled as first choice
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits