Marcus Maddison

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe

Marcus Maddison

Post by Wycliffe » 21 Jul 2019, 20:59

Silly boy.

Boasting about being !£$%faced, having vodka for brekkie ( I am sure he didn't) and enjoying a 'snus bomb'
I am told that is Snus is like a tiny tea bag with tobacco inside it that you put between your gum and mouth.

Is he baiting the owners/manager?

I know there is a large number on here (well a large % of a small number :lol: ) who will see nothing critical ever said about MM but seriously if for whatever reason you do not start the pre season training with the squad, we are told with the club's permission, surely it would go without saying you'd keep off social media especially when it hardly reflects a serious attitude to your 'time off'.

No I am not 'picking on him'. I have as many would know changed my viewpoint on the lad and his change since Fergie's return but this does not look good.
I am told there is more but would rather not see it

bristleposh

Re: Marcus Maddison

Post by bristleposh » 22 Jul 2019, 11:37

I see on the other website, they have a thread about starting XI for the Fleetwood game, and nobody expects him to start, I'll reserve judgement, but with Boyd, Dembele, 2 strikers willing to take penalties and free kicks I fail to see him getting in the team any time soon.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2019, 12:15

bristleposh wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 11:37
I see on the other website, they have a thread about starting XI for the Fleetwood game, and nobody expects him to start, I'll reserve judgement, but with Boyd, Dembele, 2 strikers willing to take penalties and free kicks I fail to see him getting in the team any time soon.
I'll be at Bedford tomorrow night. I wonder if he will be. :shock:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Jul 2019, 13:54

We need Marcus if we want promotion - simple as that.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2019, 14:12

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 13:54
We need Marcus if we want promotion - simple as that.
I don't disagree.

IF he wants to play for us because posting how s!£tfaced you are doesn't suggest to me he does.

I think you (quite deliberately) decry the talent of the squad as a whole to think we'd miss MM if he wasn't here.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Jul 2019, 15:53

Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 14:12
I don't disagree.

IF he wants to play for us because posting how s!£tfaced you are doesn't suggest to me he does.

I think you (quite deliberately) decry the talent of the squad as a whole to think we'd miss MM if he wasn't here.
Same as every fan of every club would if their best player wasn't available.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2019, 19:23

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 15:53
Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 14:12
I don't disagree.

Same as every fan of every club would if their best player wasn't available.
I vaguely recall we were top of the league last season when he was 'not available'. :shock:

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Jul 2019, 19:28

Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 19:23
I vaguely recall we were top of the league last season when he was 'not available'. :shock:
.... and as we discussed at Kettering, we weren't playing well at all, somehow getting the rub of the green and undeservedly winning when we should have lost or at most drawn! Nothing to do with Maddison. Anything from last year is, in my book, irrelevant!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 22 Jul 2019, 20:08

ashman wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 19:28
Wycliffe wrote:
.... and as we discussed at Kettering, we weren't playing well at all, somehow getting the rub of the green and undeservedly winning when we should have lost or at most drawn! Nothing to do with Maddison. Anything from last year is, in my book, irrelevant!
As someone who sees no wrong in the lad what are your views on his various social media antics although sensibly albeit a bit late he has started to delete fair bits of it

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 22 Jul 2019, 21:16

The majority of footballers aren’t too bright. Maddison is no exception.

He can do what he likes (as long as it’s not racist, sexist etc) if he keeps playing the way he has over the past five years.

I honestly think we’d be in League 2 now without him.

ashman

Post by ashman » 22 Jul 2019, 23:09

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 21:16

He can do what he likes (as long as it’s not racist, sexist etc) if he keeps playing the way he has over the past five years.

:stupid:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jul 2019, 06:57

Gaz_Miller wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 21:16

Using your own albeit rubbish logic, regarding a manager who was in 6th place and another who finished seventh, then surely without his presence we would undoubtedly have finished top

The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 23 Jul 2019, 07:55

Bless

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Jul 2019, 13:02

Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 20:08
ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:
As someone who sees no wrong in the lad what are your views on his various social media antics although sensibly albeit a bit late he has started to delete fair bits of it
... I have always decried his antics but consider his skill and what he brings to the team as far outweighing those immature antics. As someone who who has recently changed his mind about the lad I suggest that you totally ignore any social media mumblings about him or even from him. As Gaz said, 'The majority of footballers aren’t too bright. Maddison is no exception.' I tend to agree with him and also his point about, 'I honestly think we’d be in League 2 now without him.'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 24 Jul 2019, 07:40

ashman wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 13:02
Wycliffe wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 20:08
ashman wrote:

... I have always decried his antics but consider his skill and what he brings to the team as far outweighing those immature antics. As someone who who has recently changed his mind about the lad I suggest that you totally ignore any social media mumblings about him or even from him. As Gaz said, 'The majority of footballers aren’t too bright. Maddison is no exception.' I tend to agree with him and also his point about, 'I honestly think we’d be in League 2 now without him.'
We will never know but it is such a simplistic statement it holds no credence whatsoever.
We haven't enjoyed any notable success with him in the side so who is to say that someone else would not have changed things for the (even) better?

Overall I have enjoyed his skills, not his antics and I will not ignore his social media antics as they reflect on my club not him.