Posh at Barnet

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Posh at Barnet

Post by bristleposh » 20 Jul 2019, 18:15

Two different teams in each half for Posh in a 3-1 win goals from Toney, Dembele and Tasdemir, from reading remarks on Twitter sounds like Barker played well, Boyd Dembele and Tasdemir, what happened to Tracy Barlow did she get injured?
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Wycliffe

Re: Posh at Barnet

Post by Wycliffe » 20 Jul 2019, 19:29

Well, that was interesting.

Beat a lively Barnet side 3-1

First half wasn't brilliant.

Beevers was imperious as expected, Bennett awful equally expected. Naismith & Wardy worked really well together. Toney was good and scored a super free kick.

I'm afraid the rest didn't really impress and Cooper is becoming a worry, he looked knackered after 15 minutes and was poor overall.

Second half much much better.

Surprisingly Chapman started, was untroubled.
O'Hara played CH and was excellent and if we require back up in that position it can only be him or Naismith but never Bennett.
Kent was fine alongside him.

Eisa missed a couple of decent chances and considering Santos was his marker I expected better.

The lad from Fylde scored an absolute beauty.

Dembele was dangerous and scored a good goal, he does look more a complete player than last season.

Boydy thoroughly enjoyed his new role even if he did go charging off at times to play in his old position Laughing
Straight from the 2nd half kick off he set up a chance, only wasted one pass all half and looked more than able to carry out a job in the middle albeit against limited opposition.

More POSH there than Barnet which is the same pattern of excellent turn outs all the friendlies thus far.

Enjoyable afternoon out, The Hive not as crap as I remembered it, saw my old mate Ade Durham for a chat too and home by 6.30

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Jul 2019, 20:20

Thanks for the write up Adi, how about our old boys, I thought I saw that Santos was injured for most of last season
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 20 Jul 2019, 20:38

bristleposh wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 20:20
Thanks for the write up Adi, how about our old boys, I thought I saw that Santos was injured for most of last season
That is true bristle. I was chatting to a Bees supporter and he said he hardly played any games last season and only returned for the last few. He looked just like I remembered him; large, but steady, unless really challenged for pace. Andre Bouchard (now 34) sat deep in midfield and was well within himself and still looks a good player - he had however packed on quite a few pounds! Scott Loach had a good game in goal.
Once again, Tasdemir (still only 18) really caught the eye, not only for a superbly taken goal but his all round harrying of the opposition and some good passing. He could be a real find.
Beevers, Naismith, Kanu and Toney were the pick of the bunch in the first half.
Kent, O'Hara, Woodyard (superb!) Boyd, Dembele in addition to Tasdemir in the second 45 minutes.
Boydie didn't look to be worried about a full 45 minutes and the thing I liked about his play was that he kept things simple. That seemed to rub off on the other players in that second half and they seemed to appreciate his play, especially Woodyard. I reckon he will not only be a great asset in his play but also in his attitude and his way of playing the ball - and he still had that 'Boydie turn' in his locker! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 20 Jul 2019, 21:30

Good to read reports from Wycliffe and ashman.
Looking forward to the real thing.
:comeon:
Being happy never goes out of style

dunc

Post by dunc » 20 Jul 2019, 22:59

Sounds like a promising workout, especially second half which, to be fair included more probable first team players, (3 against 5 likely, maybe 6).
Thanks for the reports, once again. Although, when comparing with the Telegraph and Official site reports, there did seem to be some confusion, with the Telegraph insisting that Frazer Blake-Tracy played the full 90 minutes, whereas the Official report suggested he was subbed after 75 minutes!

Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 » 22 Jul 2019, 19:03

I hope team will be able to challenge the promotion this season and that during all the season.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Jul 2019, 09:17

Gazza8 wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 19:03
I hope team will be able to challenge the promotion this season and that during all the season.
:stupid:
Are you planning on an entry into the League Finishing Positions game?
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30283
Being happy never goes out of style