Junior's Coming Home

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 412
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Junior's Coming Home

Post by Gaz_Miller » 09 Jul 2019, 14:20

Posh drawn in same group as Northampton & Cambridge in EFL Trophy (obviously fixed to increase crowds).

'Invited' team to be announced later this week to complete the group of four.
I have no internet friends

pleasureboy60
Posts: 285
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by pleasureboy60 » 09 Jul 2019, 17:36

Blimey, a flash back to the bovver boy days. Best get my Doc Martins polished up!

Wycliffe
Posts: 1929
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by Wycliffe » 09 Jul 2019, 19:27

Junior coming home?

He was only here 5 minutes and I gather the wobbs squad have flown out to spain pre season and he's been left behind so doubtful we'll see him

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 412
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Jul 2019, 07:58

Me & my lad used to love Junior. Fantastic attitude & he was so grateful to Posh for giving him a chance.
I have no internet friends

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28689
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jul 2019, 08:10

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 07:58
Me & my lad used to love Junior. Fantastic attitude & he was so grateful to Posh for giving him a chance.
A fried of mine fell A over T on the way to Wimbledon a couple of years back, Junior was walking a few feet behind him and came to his aid, waiting with hime and his friends until medical aid arrived. sounded like a wonderful person with a great attitude towards the fans
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 412
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Jul 2019, 08:17

bristleposh wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 08:10
Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 07:58
Me & my lad used to love Junior. Fantastic attitude & he was so grateful to Posh for giving him a chance.
A fried of mine fell A over T on the way to Wimbledon a couple of years back, Junior was walking a few feet behind him and came to his aid, waiting with hime and his friends until medical aid arrived. sounded like a wonderful person with a great attitude towards the fans
Yep, great guy.

My son and his mate got free tickets from McCann for a night game & sat behind Junior - it was when he could hardly walk after his injury at Oldham.
After they asked for his autograph, he chatted to them for ages, asking all about their football team & who they were playing that Sunday etc.

Terrific person. I really hope he gets fixed up with another club if Wycliffe is right & Northampton are releasing him.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe
Posts: 1929
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Jul 2019, 08:33

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 08:17
bristleposh wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 08:10
Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Jul 2019, 07:58
Me & my lad used to love Junior. Fantastic attitude & he was so grateful to Posh for giving him a chance.
A fried of mine fell A over T on the way to Wimbledon a couple of years back, Junior was walking a few feet behind him and came to his aid, waiting with hime and his friends until medical aid arrived. sounded like a wonderful person with a great attitude towards the fans
Yep, great guy.

My son and his mate got free tickets from McCann for a night game & sat behind Junior - it was when he could hardly walk after his injury at Oldham.
After they asked for his autograph, he chatted to them for ages, asking all about their football team & who they were playing that Sunday etc.

Terrific person. I really hope he gets fixed up with another club if Wycliffe is right & Northampton are releasing him.
Oh don't get me wrong, none nicer and he fitted in brilliantly at the club off the pitch at least. On it he showed the odd flash too. As you said one can only hope he gets set up, anywhere's better than wobbs
Last edited by Wycliffe on 10 Jul 2019, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17885
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Junior's Coming Home

Post by ashman » 10 Jul 2019, 10:39

I can only endorse all that has been said of the little fella. Wonderful character and deserves a break now, but as Adi says, not at Wobbs!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply