Maddison to Hull

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Maddison to Hull

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Jun 2019, 13:27

Grant McCann is beginning to do my head in now.

Made a prick of himself at Doncaster & now trying to take our best player to Hull.

Go do one McCann.
I have no internet friends

bristleposh

Re: Maddison to Hull

Post by bristleposh » 27 Jun 2019, 13:35

I take it this is just a rumour
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 27 Jun 2019, 14:22

bristleposh wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 13:35
I take it this is just a rumour
...............that McCann made a prick of himself at Doncaster?? :wink: :wink:

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jun 2019, 16:17

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 13:27
Grant McCann is beginning to do my head in now.

Made a prick of himself at Doncaster & now trying to take our best player to Hull.

Go do one McCann.
You can't just come on here and make unsubstantiated claims such as this! Back it up with proper information, not just rumours that your mate down the pub has come up with!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 27 Jun 2019, 17:50

"Peterborough United hope to open contract talks with winger Marcus Maddison amid interest from Hull City, says director of football Barry Fry.

Championship side Hull are managed by Grant McCann, who worked with Maddison during his time in charge at Posh."

From BBC Sport

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Jun 2019, 19:18

Roll up Roll up. It's time for the Barry Fry 10% show.
Please please sell him boss man, not had a few quid for a while

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jun 2019, 21:08

Wycliffe wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 19:18
Ignore this man Baz. :roll: Maddie is worth far too much to us - although it has been noted that he hasn't been seen in any of the pre-season sessions!

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 27 Jun 2019, 21:49

ChronicleLive
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... d-16498118
Hull City show interest in Sunderland target - but no bid yet for Peterborough United's Marcus Maddison
“Hull have been in touch,” Fry told the Peterborough Telegraph. “It wasn’t Grant as he doesn’t deal with transfers.
“They asked how much we would want for him and I said they would have to match the buyout clause in his contract. If they do that we couldn’t stop him leaving if he wanted to go.

“Hull haven’t been back with a bid, but we are confident we can keep Marcus anyway.
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Jun 2019, 08:15

ashman wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 21:08
Wycliffe wrote:
Ignore this man Baz. :roll: Maddie is worth far too much to us - although it has been noted that he hasn't been seen in any of the pre-season sessions!
I wasn't saying sell him you silly old dipstick, I was speaking as fry.

fwiiw I don't want to see MM go, since Fergie returned he's been excellent with a much improved attitude.

On a wider point the hull owner is desperately trying to sell the club not spunk £3million on a player, any player.

Ipswich all over again looking from the outside

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Jun 2019, 09:26

Wycliffe wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 08:15
ashman wrote:
Wycliffe wrote:

fwiiw I don't want to see MM go, since Fergie returned he's been excellent with a much improved attitude.

On a wider point the hull owner is desperately trying to sell the club not spunk £3million on a player, any player.

If those at the top are genuinely making a play at getting into the Championship and staying there, then the way that transfers and the running the club need to be closely looked at. Getting Marcus to sign a new contract (which would obviously cost a lot but is IMO a good step towards achieving that goal) would put pressure on the owners to realise that getting and remaining in the Championship is going to need a complete review of the wage structure within the club. Are we big enough to do this yet? I sincerely hope we are but I have grave reservations. Fleece and Peterburrow and all the staff are working so hard for the club at the moment. Darren Ferguson is back and seems to be getting the club to play in a manner that will bring the crowds back - but is this enough??

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Jun 2019, 10:21

ashman wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 09:26
Wycliffe wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 08:15
ashman wrote:

If those at the top are genuinely making a play at getting into the Championship and staying there, then the way that transfers and the running the club need to be closely looked at. Getting Marcus to sign a new contract (which would obviously cost a lot but is IMO a good step towards achieving that goal) would put pressure on the owners to realise that getting and remaining in the Championship is going to need a complete review of the wage structure within the club. Are we big enough to do this yet? I sincerely hope we are but I have grave reservations. Fleece and Peterburrow and all the staff are working so hard for the club at the moment. Darren Ferguson is back and seems to be getting the club to play in a manner that will bring the crowds back - but is this enough??
Couldn't agree more mate.

One thing though to remember is we have spent a load already, our gates are (relatively) **** so the regulations that darragh has alluded to previously must be close to coming into play so maybe MM has to go to balance things.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Jun 2019, 10:30

You could be right but I hope you are not!

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 28 Jun 2019, 12:12

ashman wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 10:30
You could be right but I hope you are not!
One day I'll be wrong, I hope it is on this :roll:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 28 Jun 2019, 16:12

Wycliffe wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 12:12

:D You couldn’t make it up.

You have slagged off MM as much as anybody on mumsnet over the years (along with a few others who know absolutely nothing about football) and now you’re saying you desperately hope we keep him.

Told you before, read what I say and stick to it. It will make you look as though you know what you’re talking about
I have no internet friends

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Jun 2019, 17:17

Gaz_Miller wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 16:12
Wycliffe wrote:
28 Jun 2019, 12:12

:D You couldn’t make it up.

You have slagged off MM as much as anybody on mumsnet over the years (along with a few others who know absolutely nothing about football) and now you’re saying you desperately hope we keep him.

Told you before, read what I say and stick to it. It will make you look as though you know what you’re talking about
There is no need to be like that towards another poster! :evil: Everybody has the right to change their mind (politicians, football pundits and Adi Moyles too) and I guess that Wycliffe has at long last taken on some of the praise that a lot of us have been giving Maddison over the years. He will still shout as loud as anyone, as he is allowed to, when Marcus goes down screaming for a free kick.