POSH V BURTON ALBION

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wycliffe
Posts: 1741
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Wycliffe » 05 May 2019, 14:21

Gaz_Miller wrote:
04 May 2019, 20:30
Oh well, Fergie didn’t get us as high as Evans after all.

Flat game today but well played Ivan Toney.


McCann 1 MacAnthony 0
:lol:

Your fat mate lost the dressing room and was most certainly not getting it back so we would have continued to perform as poorly as we had been for that fateful couple of months.
His only answer was to tell the owners he required more players after bringing in 18 :roll:

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 147
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 05 May 2019, 14:29

Wycliffe wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:21
Your fat mate lost the dressing room and was most certainly not getting it back so we would have continued to perform as poorly as we had been for that fateful couple of months.
His only answer was to tell the owners he required more players after bringing in 18 :roll:
We were 6th under Evans and we finished 7th under Ferguson.

That is a fact.

Everything else is opinion.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe
Posts: 1741
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Wycliffe » 05 May 2019, 14:39

Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:29
Wycliffe wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:21
Your fat mate lost the dressing room and was most certainly not getting it back so we would have continued to perform as poorly as we had been for that fateful couple of months.
His only answer was to tell the owners he required more players after bringing in 18 :roll:
We were 6th under Evans and we finished 7th under Ferguson.

That is a fact.

Everything else is opinion.
Indeed it is.

It's also a fact we'd been higher than sixth, if you were so minded you could acknowledge that your man was actually on the way to taking us further down the division (imo)

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17559
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by ashman » 05 May 2019, 16:22

Wycliffe wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:21
Gaz_Miller wrote:
04 May 2019, 20:30
Oh well, Fergie didn’t get us as high as Evans after all.

Flat game today but well played Ivan Toney.


McCann 1 MacAnthony 0
:lol:

Your fat mate lost the dressing room and was most certainly not getting it back so we would have continued to perform as poorly as we had been for that fateful couple of months.
His only answer was to tell the owners he required more players after bringing in 18 :roll:
:stupid: A manager that has lost the dressing room is correct. :clap2: Have you ever heard of one that has managed to get it back? No, never. The only way to restore parity is to get rid of the offending article and replace with someone who can be trusted. DMac did that, and instead of his club continuing to plummet like a stone, as we were under the previous, the players slowly realised that the Ferguson way was the way to go. It took a while but Darren managed to get back the love of many fans lost during the aforementioned tenure, and in addition the team began to play proper football again instead of hoofball with results in a manner of diminishing returns. I feel sorry for the players who were released by Evans plus the present ones who have failed to fit in to the club and are now going to be jettisoned. I consider they were sold a dummy by Evans.
IMO, the months under Evans were the worst we have had to endure since the days of Fry (in fact, even before that; at least we were entertained to an extent during those times with lots of goals plus lots conceded too!)
It makes a change to win in front of a large Peterborough crowd too. Comments on the way out of the ground, 'Did you enjoy that?' - lad to his GF. 'Yep. It was brilliant. I didn't think I was going to!' Old timer: 'First time I have been back since before Christmas. At least we played some constructive football, as opposed to the crap that was served up before! Bloody cold though!'
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

BeardedBeryl
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 Mar 2019, 21:47

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by BeardedBeryl » 05 May 2019, 16:42

Wycliffe wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:39
Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:29
Wycliffe wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:21
Your fat mate lost the dressing room and was most certainly not getting it back so we would have continued to perform as poorly as we had been for that fateful couple of months.
His only answer was to tell the owners he required more players after bringing in 18 :roll:
We were 6th under Evans and we finished 7th under Ferguson.

That is a fact.

Everything else is opinion.
Indeed it is.

It's also a fact we'd been higher than sixth, if you were so minded you could acknowledge that your man was actually on the way to taking us further down the division (imo)
To be precise, the 17 games Fergie had saw us drop from 6th to 7th.

Evans' final 17 saw us drop from 2nd to 6th.


And whilst it is a fact that Evans left in 6th, Donny were a point behind having played a game less. So it wasn't in our hands even.


But that doesn't fit the agenda.

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1530
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by PoshCynic » 05 May 2019, 19:31

ashman wrote:
05 May 2019, 08:54
Hell fire! The negativity on this board is still reigning supreme. I thoroughly enjoyed an end of season scrap that didn't develop into a dour encounter and we battled all the way.
I personally have enjoyed the season and am glad that DMac has got his 'Evans' obsession out of his system and relatively quickly too. It's just a shame that he couldn't have seen the light a couple of months quicker, as I am sure that Fergie would have had us at least into the playoffs.
Never mind, we go again soon enough.
To sum up:
Apparently we have already sorted out two new centre backs, plus a left back and right back. Next on the list is a new keeper and a leader in the centre of midfield.
Maddison and O'Malley's contract extended by one year, but can be reviewed later on.
Lafferty off, no return for Mark Little, (bristle will be OTM) Toney and Godden ??? anything could happen here. If a club comes in with money who knows? Tomlin no permanent contract, all loanees to return to their clubs. Ryan Tafazolli, Darren Lyon, Morgan Penfold and Lewis Freestone will leave the club.
La Manga confirmed and booked for pre-season.
The one worrying quote from DMac was this, when discussing Fergie's appointment.
"It’ll be my last big gift to posh bringing him back. In time fans will see that."

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1530
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by PoshCynic » 05 May 2019, 19:32

See below
Last edited by PoshCynic on 05 May 2019, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1741
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Wycliffe » 05 May 2019, 19:33

BeardedBeryl wrote:
05 May 2019, 16:42
Wycliffe wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:39
Gaz_Miller wrote:
05 May 2019, 14:29


We were 6th under Evans and we finished 7th under Ferguson.

That is a fact.

Everything else is opinion.
Indeed it is.

It's also a fact we'd been higher than sixth, if you were so minded you could acknowledge that your man was actually on the way to taking us further down the division (imo)
To be precise, the 17 games Fergie had saw us drop from 6th to 7th.

Evans' final 17 saw us drop from 2nd to 6th.


And whilst it is a fact that Evans left in 6th, Donny were a point behind having played a game less. So it wasn't in our hands even.


But that doesn't fit the agenda.
Fergie got his average from the last 17 matches of the season.

Care to check what Evans got for his final 17 matches gaz?

thought not :roll:

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1530
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by PoshCynic » 05 May 2019, 19:34

ashman wrote:
05 May 2019, 08:54
Hell fire! The negativity on this board is still reigning supreme. I thoroughly enjoyed an end of season scrap that didn't develop into a dour encounter and we battled all the way.
I personally have enjoyed the season and am glad that DMac has got his 'Evans' obsession out of his system and relatively quickly too. It's just a shame that he couldn't have seen the light a couple of months quicker, as I am sure that Fergie would have had us at least into the playoffs.
Never mind, we go again soon enough.
To sum up:
Apparently we have already sorted out two new centre backs, plus a left back and right back. Next on the list is a new keeper and a leader in the centre of midfield.
Maddison and O'Malley's contract extended by one year, but can be reviewed later on.
Lafferty off, no return for Mark Little, (bristle will be OTM) Toney and Godden ??? anything could happen here. If a club comes in with money who knows? Tomlin no permanent contract, all loanees to return to their clubs. Ryan Tafazolli, Darren Lyon, Morgan Penfold and Lewis Freestone will leave the club.
La Manga confirmed and booked for pre-season.
The one worrying quote from DMac was this, when discussing Fergie's appointment.
"It’ll be my last big gift to posh bringing him back. In time fans will see that."
To be replaced by his obsession with Mr Ferguson.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17559
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by ashman » 05 May 2019, 20:52

PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2019, 19:34
ashman wrote:
05 May 2019, 08:54
Hell fire! The negativity on this board is still reigning supreme. I thoroughly enjoyed an end of season scrap that didn't develop into a dour encounter and we battled all the way.
I personally have enjoyed the season and am glad that DMac has got his 'Evans' obsession out of his system and relatively quickly too. It's just a shame that he couldn't have seen the light a couple of months quicker, as I am sure that Fergie would have had us at least into the playoffs.
Never mind, we go again soon enough.
To sum up:
Apparently we have already sorted out two new centre backs, plus a left back and right back. Next on the list is a new keeper and a leader in the centre of midfield.
Maddison and O'Malley's contract extended by one year, but can be reviewed later on.
Lafferty off, no return for Mark Little, (bristle will be OTM) Toney and Godden ??? anything could happen here. If a club comes in with money who knows? Tomlin no permanent contract, all loanees to return to their clubs. Ryan Tafazolli, Darren Lyon, Morgan Penfold and Lewis Freestone will leave the club.
La Manga confirmed and booked for pre-season.
The one worrying quote from DMac was this, when discussing Fergie's appointment.
"It’ll be my last big gift to posh bringing him back. In time fans will see that."
To be replaced by his obsession with Mr Ferguson.
Maybe but it turned out to be the correct decision!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
PoshCynic
Posts: 1530
Joined: 07 May 2005, 14:20
Location: Peterborough

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by PoshCynic » 05 May 2019, 21:20

ashman wrote:
05 May 2019, 20:52
PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2019, 19:34
ashman wrote:
05 May 2019, 08:54
Hell fire! The negativity on this board is still reigning supreme. I thoroughly enjoyed an end of season scrap that didn't develop into a dour encounter and we battled all the way.
I personally have enjoyed the season and am glad that DMac has got his 'Evans' obsession out of his system and relatively quickly too. It's just a shame that he couldn't have seen the light a couple of months quicker, as I am sure that Fergie would have had us at least into the playoffs.
Never mind, we go again soon enough.
To sum up:
Apparently we have already sorted out two new centre backs, plus a left back and right back. Next on the list is a new keeper and a leader in the centre of midfield.
Maddison and O'Malley's contract extended by one year, but can be reviewed later on.
Lafferty off, no return for Mark Little, (bristle will be OTM) Toney and Godden ??? anything could happen here. If a club comes in with money who knows? Tomlin no permanent contract, all loanees to return to their clubs. Ryan Tafazolli, Darren Lyon, Morgan Penfold and Lewis Freestone will leave the club.
La Manga confirmed and booked for pre-season.
The one worrying quote from DMac was this, when discussing Fergie's appointment.
"It’ll be my last big gift to posh bringing him back. In time fans will see that."
To be replaced by his obsession with Mr Ferguson.
Maybe but it turned out to be the correct decision!
Not yet proven, I suggest. We shall get a better idea by the end of next season.

Wycliffe
Posts: 1741
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Wycliffe » 06 May 2019, 20:47

PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2019, 19:34
ashman wrote:
05 May 2019, 08:54
Hell fire! The negativity on this board is still reigning supreme. I thoroughly enjoyed an end of season scrap that didn't develop into a dour encounter and we battled all the way.
I personally have enjoyed the season and am glad that DMac has got his 'Evans' obsession out of his system and relatively quickly too. It's just a shame that he couldn't have seen the light a couple of months quicker, as I am sure that Fergie would have had us at least into the playoffs.
Never mind, we go again soon enough.
To sum up:
Apparently we have already sorted out two new centre backs, plus a left back and right back. Next on the list is a new keeper and a leader in the centre of midfield.
Maddison and O'Malley's contract extended by one year, but can be reviewed later on.
Lafferty off, no return for Mark Little, (bristle will be OTM) Toney and Godden ??? anything could happen here. If a club comes in with money who knows? Tomlin no permanent contract, all loanees to return to their clubs. Ryan Tafazolli, Darren Lyon, Morgan Penfold and Lewis Freestone will leave the club.
La Manga confirmed and booked for pre-season.
The one worrying quote from DMac was this, when discussing Fergie's appointment.
"It’ll be my last big gift to posh bringing him back. In time fans will see that."
To be replaced by his obsession with Mr Ferguson.
Good job it is no concern of yours then :D

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 147
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 06 May 2019, 20:50

PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2019, 21:20
Not yet proven, I suggest. We shall get a better idea by the end of next season.
Definitely not proven yet. Losing to the bottom two on three different occasions proves there is still a lot of convincing to do.

The summer signings are massive.
I have no internet friends

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16192
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by DaveLister » 07 May 2019, 16:15

Gaz_Miller wrote:
06 May 2019, 20:50
PoshCynic wrote:
05 May 2019, 21:20
Not yet proven, I suggest. We shall get a better idea by the end of next season.
Definitely not proven yet. Losing to the bottom two on three different occasions proves there is still a lot of convincing to do.

The summer signings are massive.
Definitely agree with that.
Image

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17559
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by ashman » 07 May 2019, 17:38

Wowee! People all agreeing that we won't be able to tell if the changes will have effect until next season! You don't exactly have to be a genius to work that one out! :wink: :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply