POSH V BURTON ALBION

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17569
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by ashman » 30 Apr 2019, 06:57

Peterborough United v Burton Albion (17:30 )

REFEREE: SCOTT OLDHAM

Assistants: Callum Walchester and Lisa Rashid

Fourth Official: Declan Bourne
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe
Posts: 1744
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Wycliffe » 30 Apr 2019, 07:06

For those who wish to have a laff, maybe win a few quid PISA 2000 will be holding one of their famous Race Days in Ebs.
Open at 12, first race around 1.
Really good fun and only £1 a bet although you can buy a horse for £5 to win £20 or a jockey for £3 to win £15.
All welcome including kids.

Then on to LR to wave a (not so) fond farewell to half the squad.

win 2-0

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19377
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by tonyp » 30 Apr 2019, 21:50

6 Doncaster played 45 .. 70 points
7 Peterborough played 45 .. 69 points
Doncaster have the better goal difference so we must win. A draw would be no good.
Doncaster mustn't win.
Being happy never goes out of style

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 30 Apr 2019, 21:53

Just bought three tickets!!!

:comeon:
I have no internet friends

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 30 Apr 2019, 22:10

Doncaster fans arguing with each other on their forum. Think Burton is a local derby for us :clap2:

Mind you, they've got loads of members. They can't be banning them for talking football.
I have no internet friends

mark-posh
Posts: 146
Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 22:07

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by mark-posh » 30 Apr 2019, 22:13

tonyp wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 21:50
6 Doncaster played 45 .. 70 points
7 Peterborough played 45 .. 69 points
Doncaster have the better goal difference so we must win. A draw would be no good.
Doncaster mustn't win.
You need to go back to school lad, goal difference doesn't come into it now, they draw we win job done.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19377
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by tonyp » 30 Apr 2019, 22:59

mark-posh wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 22:13
tonyp wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 21:50
6 Doncaster played 45 .. 70 points
7 Peterborough played 45 .. 69 points
Doncaster have the better goal difference so we must win. A draw would be no good.
Doncaster mustn't win.
You need to go back to school lad, goal difference doesn't come into it now, they draw we win job done.
Thanks for the arithmetic lesson Mark?
If Doncaster lose - they still have 70 points
If Posh draw they will have 70 points as well.
Goal difference WOULD then come into it.
Maybe you should stay at school a bit longer, lad.

As I quite rightly said
Doncaster have the better goal difference so we MUST win. A draw would be no good.

If Doncaster win we're out anyway.
Doncaster mustn't win.
Being happy never goes out of style

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 May 2019, 09:25

Will this be a sell out for Posh fans? Surely at least 10,000 Posh?

:comeon:
I have no internet friends

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19377
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by tonyp » 01 May 2019, 09:34

Gaz_Miller wrote:
01 May 2019, 09:25
Will this be a sell out for Posh fans? Surely at least 10,000 Posh?

:comeon:
It certainly should attract a big crowd.
I don't know that there are 10,000 though.
Posh v Sunderland 11,277 (3,782 Sunderland fans)
Only 7495 Poshies.
Being happy never goes out of style

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 May 2019, 10:04

tonyp wrote:
01 May 2019, 09:34
It certainly should attract a big crowd.
I don't know that there are 10,000 though.
Posh v Sunderland 11,277 (3,782 Sunderland fans)
Only 7495 Poshies.
This is bigger than Sunderland.
I have no internet friends

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Gaz_Miller » 02 May 2019, 16:24

Anybody know how many tickets we've sold so far?
I have no internet friends

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 5968
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Poshay » 02 May 2019, 16:58

Gaz_Miller wrote:
02 May 2019, 16:24
Anybody know how many tickets we've sold so far?
This is a funny one . Strange start time, unknown number of freebees, will many Burton supporters travel as there is nothing on the match for them?
For our best guesses see the Predictions thread.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16195
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by DaveLister » 02 May 2019, 17:52

mark-posh wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 22:13
tonyp wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 21:50
6 Doncaster played 45 .. 70 points
7 Peterborough played 45 .. 69 points
Doncaster have the better goal difference so we must win. A draw would be no good.
Doncaster mustn't win.
You need to go back to school lad, goal difference doesn't come into it now, they draw we win job done.
Goal difference will matter. If Posh draw we need Coventry to win by nine goals for us to reach the playoffs.
Image

Steamy Nin
Posts: 109
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 17:11

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by Steamy Nin » 03 May 2019, 09:28

DaveLister wrote:
02 May 2019, 17:52
mark-posh wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 22:13
tonyp wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 21:50
6 Doncaster played 45 .. 70 points
7 Peterborough played 45 .. 69 points
Doncaster have the better goal difference so we must win. A draw would be no good.
Doncaster mustn't win.
You need to go back to school lad, goal difference doesn't come into it now, they draw we win job done.
Goal difference will matter. If Posh draw we need Coventry to win by nine goals for us to reach the playoffs.
Love it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19377
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: POSH V BURTON ALBION

Post by tonyp » 03 May 2019, 09:47

Steamy Nin wrote:
03 May 2019, 09:28
DaveLister wrote:
02 May 2019, 17:52
mark-posh wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 22:13


You need to go back to school lad, goal difference doesn't come into it now, they draw we win job done.
Goal difference will matter. If Posh draw we need Coventry to win by nine goals for us to reach the playoffs.
Love it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Me too! :clap: :comeon:
Being happy never goes out of style

Post Reply