Wycliffe

Re: WALSALL v POSH

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Apr 2019, 20:14

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 17:02
ppsm4 wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 16:53
Absolute disgrace.
Fergie should be embarrassed. Darragh please look at what your man cannot do. Cant motivate his team that should be relegated.
Discussted
Fergie wasn't good enough last time he was here.

This is just nostalgia and a chairman incapable of finding anybody else.

May as well stuck with Evans this season, and then sacked him if we weren't in the play-offs. I think we'd have more points now if he'd stayed.
my god how this delight must have delighted you :cry:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Apr 2019, 20:26

Wycliffe wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 20:14
my god how this delight must have delighted you :cry:
You think I spend my money & time watching Posh hoping that they fail? Get real.

Fergie is a lower league manager. He needs a brilliant squad in place to be successful (he hasn't been successful anywhere without that structure already in place).

His team selection again today was completely wrong. And as for saying he didn't know what went wrong today, then who the ******* does know? Isn't he working with these players every day or does he just turn up on a Saturday like I used to do with my youth teams?
Last edited by Gaz_Miller on 27 Apr 2019, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
I have no internet friends

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 27 Apr 2019, 20:33

halfwayline wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 16:20
Bunch of bottlers

but does not surprise me one bit.
Are you talking about all those people who got up and left the ground with over 20 minutes to go.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 27 Apr 2019, 20:58

Fergie at least twice the Manager than Evans. That was down to the players today and actually unexplainable. How does anyone explain the appalling 90 minutes of play by Marcus Maddison. One centre only the whole game?? Only Woodyard worthy today of the blue shirt.

p.s. Gavin Strachan back on bench today
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 27 Apr 2019, 21:28

Evans gets the blame for the poor performances of players but Ferguson escapes blame in the same situation.
That seems illogical.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Apr 2019, 21:30

PoshCynic wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 21:28
Evans gets the blame for the poor performances of players but Ferguson escapes blame in the same situation.
That seems illogical.
100% correct.

And 2 points out of 9 in our last three ‘must win’ games. He’s not up to the job. Obvious to anyone who understands

White G

Post by White G » 27 Apr 2019, 23:39

Another calamitous mistake by the chairman? Sacking Evans and replacing with Fergie has been a double disaster. In my opinion, DMAC should've waited until the end of the season to change manager. Also to bring Fergie (a failure throughout his career), is proving yet another bad judgement!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Apr 2019, 08:42

White G wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 23:39
Another calamitous mistake by the chairman? Sacking Evans and replacing with Fergie has been a double disaster. In my opinion, DMAC should've waited until the end of the season to change manager. Also to bring Fergie (a failure throughout his career), is proving yet another bad judgement!
Where were you when we went three games without conceding and winning all three, oh I know supporting your local pub football team.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Apr 2019, 08:46

bristleposh wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 08:42
White G wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 23:39
Where were you when we went three games without conceding and winning all three, oh I know supporting your local pub football team.
Leave him alone bristle. He only posts on here when we lose.He's harmless.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 28 Apr 2019, 08:56

The good news from yesterday was I got to see so many friends, had nice chats with many I haven't spoken to for far too loing. The Wellington is such a lovely friendly pub, unbelievable haw so many fans from so many different clubs can drink in harmony. If Carlsberg made pubs (although I hasten to add the Wellie probably doesn't sell Carlsberg). The game itself was a non event we should with any aspiration towards promotion have won comfortably. They were up for it all over the field far more than the majority of our players. Chapman, Naismith, Woodyard, Dembele and Godden were the only one's who were in the Posh side that completely routed Plymouth away in my earliest away day of the season, so either the replacements or the managerial nous has sadly deteriated. I was never in favour of another spell for Fergusson, he just can't seem to motivate his players well enough against poor sides. There must be so many strategically superior managers out there who were unemployed or plying their trade at a lower level. Sadly it was a lazy decision by DMac to re-employ him.
It is far easier to follow the game on i-follow, a lot warmer and far less inconvenient when you need to spend a comfort break or have a cup of tea at half-time. It's far cheaper too I can imagine next season there will be a lot of clubs missing out on my yankee dollar, and sadly a lot of pubs, and british rail missing out too. Unless the fixture list favours us with some London fixtures on a Saturday I can't see me going to many games. The only thing worth going for these days is to see my many friends, such a shame I think because of the current management that I'm feeling out of love with Posh.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 28 Apr 2019, 10:07

bristleposh wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 08:56
It is far easier to follow the game on i-follow,
Except for the commentary (in my opinion). It annoys me when the commentators are going on about everything except the game. As they are supposed to be catering for a radio audience I would have thought they would tell the listener what is happening instead of yakking on about irrelevant side issues.
I'm not renewing. Next season I'll revert to looking up the score when I get up. It's cheaper.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Apr 2019, 10:53

bristleposh wrote:
I was never in favour of another spell for Fergusson, he just can't seem to motivate his players well enough against poor sides. There must be so many strategically superior managers out there who were unemployed or plying their trade at a lower level. Sadly it was a lazy decision by DMac to re-employ him.

Where were you when we were winners, three games in a row, without conceding! Not a lazy decision at all. It put Darren (and any other potential manager in a hell of a position trying to sort out the mess that Evans left us in!)

It is far easier to follow the game on i-follow, a lot warmer and far less inconvenient when you need to spend a comfort break or have a cup of tea at half-time.

Ah, worked out now where you get some of your warped opinions on games. Watching the old iFollow!! What most fans don't realise is that it is just another game of football and weird and wonderful results always appear, especially at this time of the season. e.g. Burton 2 Luton1, Scunthorpe 2 Bradford 3, Colchester 2 MK Dons 0, Newport 1 Lincoln 0 etc. etc. At the end of the day nobody died and we live to support the Posh on the terraces once more!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Apr 2019, 10:54

tonyp wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 10:07
bristleposh wrote:
It is far easier to follow the game on i-follow,
I'm not renewing. Next season I'll revert to looking up the score when I get up. It's cheaper.
Excellent! :clap:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 28 Apr 2019, 13:31

ashman wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 10:53
Not a lazy decision at all. It put Darren (and any other potential manager in a hell of a position trying to sort out the mess that Evans left us in!)
You are right, it wasn't lazy, Darragh knew exactly what he was doing. He needed a Yes man back at the helm.

He'd tried Evans, but wasn't happy with a play-off place because Steve questioned his decisions, i.e. bringing Tomlin back without consulting if the manager wanted him or not.

He'd tried McCann, who has gone on and turned a Doncaster side sitting 17th in the table (managed by the one & only Ferguson), and turned them into a play-off team without hardly any changes. Why? Because he's now allowed to manage and pick the team he wants without interference.Didn't MacBlarney recently say that McCann is now a better manager? Ask yourself why.

I could tell you more but I'm sworn to secrecy. Just don't believe the bullshit ashman, like others I have argued with, it makes you look silly in the end.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Apr 2019, 14:19

Gaz_Miller wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 13:31
ashman wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 10:53
Not a lazy decision at all. It put Darren (and any other potential manager in a hell of a position trying to sort out the mess that Evans left us in!)
You are right, it wasn't lazy, Darragh knew exactly what he was doing. He needed a Yes man back at the helm.

He'd tried Evans, but wasn't happy with a play-off place because Steve questioned his decisions, i.e. bringing Tomlin back without consulting if the manager wanted him or not.

He'd tried McCann, who has gone on and turned a Doncaster side sitting 17th in the table (managed by the one & only Ferguson), and turned them into a play-off team without hardly any changes. Why? Because he's now allowed to manage and pick the team he wants without interference.Didn't MacBlarney recently say that McCann is now a better manager? Ask yourself why.

I could tell you more but I'm sworn to secrecy. Just don't believe the bullshit ashman, like others I have argued with, it makes you look silly in the end.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sworn to secrecy? Yeh, Yeh! You just can't see it though can you? If you consider the football we were playing under Evans was OK I suggest you turn your allegiances towards GillinghamFC or wherever else the foul mouthed duo find themselves! It is your post that makes you look silly! :roll: