Fleetwood v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Fleetwood v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Apr 2019, 08:26

Wycliffe wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 08:08

Your previous petty remarks about MM were pointless in general but I'm sure you enjoyed them.
He certainly was not MoM but nor was he poor.

Yes on reflection I thought I had over egged his performance somewhat, reemembering a couple of his corners than even if we'd have had an eight foot stiker would have been over hit. As for the petty remarks I stand by them, thee pass in particular should have resulted in far more, fortunately they were very poor on the ball. I agree with you on the challenge on Cooper, should have seen red, but there was an incident earlier, I think Dembele where he was cynically brought down by more than likely their last man.

Sadly football is like music and beauty, they are not exact sciences, and people will see different things in the same incident.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 20 Apr 2019, 09:38

Yet again a very weak Referee. Has cost us points this Season.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 20 Apr 2019, 22:24

bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 08:26

Sadly football is like music and beauty, they are not exact sciences, and people will see different things in the same incident.
Football is nothing like music or beauty, in my opinion.

But one incident in this game that I recall well is that Maddison missed the penalty. I can't imagine anyone seeing that same incident differently.

We could have won, we should have won.

We dropped two points.

We can still make the playoffs but is looking unlikely.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 21 Apr 2019, 09:47

tonyp wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 15:25
Penalty for the Posh.
Maddison kicks it straight at the goalkeeper.
Some people will say that the goalie saved it.
In fact MM missed it.
If there was an incident in normal play with MM one one one with the keeper, then it would have been considered a save by the goalkeeper. If Marcus had not even got the ball on target then it could be seen as "Marcus missed the goal." As it was he hit it on target and the keeper deflected the ball away with his legs; therefore the keeper saved it!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 21 Apr 2019, 21:15

ashman wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 09:47
tonyp wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 15:25
Penalty for the Posh.
Maddison kicks it straight at the goalkeeper.
Some people will say that the goalie saved it.
In fact MM missed it.
If there was an incident in normal play with MM one one one with the keeper, then it would have been considered a save by the goalkeeper. If Marcus had not even got the ball on target then it could be seen as "Marcus missed the goal." As it was he hit it on target and the keeper deflected the ball away with his legs; therefore the keeper saved it!
bristleposh wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 08:26
A well taken penalty will always result in a goal. Maddison failed to score from this one.
We can still make the playoffs but it will be difficult.
Being happy never goes out of style