Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 66
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 18:49

I’ll ask again but putting it another way.

When Evans was sacked, did you expect the new manager to keep us in the play offs?

Yes or no will do.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe
Posts: 1680
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2019, 19:15

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 18:49
I’ll ask again but putting it another way.

When Evans was sacked, did you expect the new manager to keep us in the play offs?

Yes or no will do.
no


damage was done

User avatar
Claude Rains
Posts: 54
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 17:47

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Claude Rains » 10 Apr 2019, 19:32

Not really.

The team was heading downwards, morale was poor, we only drew against Charlton thanks to a penalty save, changing managers at that point of the season with no time for transfers was effectively writing it off and looking ahead to next season, Fergie probably underestimated what he had taken on, Darragh may not have been wholly honest with him about how toxic matters had become, the squad lacked depth beyond maybe 8 players, Lee Tomlin was playing on adrenaline rather than fitness, neither goalkeeper is up to scratch, a few of the players were hitting the party klaxon on a Wednesday even after one got spectacularly caught out and the gravel is a bit loose in the training ground car park.

But besides all that he could have done better than losing to Wimbledon and Bradford.

However, if we avoid defeat at Blackpool we can start to look forward to next season with a bit more optimism. Admittedly he was only up against Leo Da Silva Lopes but Louis Reed looked a lot better on Saturday. Rhys Bennett nullified Tom Eaves and Matt Godden made a decent impact in his spell after Ivan Toney had disappointed. These are the players Fergie will have to work with do we need to see that they are now playing for him and are past their Gruesome Twosome hangover.





TL;DR - not too concerned about play offs but looking to see a bit of progress with what we have got before the season ends.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17465
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 20:49

Claude Rains wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 19:32
TL;DR - not too concerned about play offs but looking to see a bit of progress with what we have got before the season ends.
I consider that we have seen a good bit of progress since Evans left. TBH we weren't really in the playoffs when he left - we were going down like a lead balloon, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 66
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Apr 2019, 08:11

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 20:49
I consider that we have seen a good bit of progress since Evans left. TBH we weren't really in the playoffs when he left - we were going down like a lead balloon, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc.
Wow - that has to be the biggest rewriting of history EVER on a football forum - "we weren't really in the play off when he left".

Wow and wow again.

That's like me coming on and saying we were 3rd pushing for the top two.
I have no internet friends

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 66
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Apr 2019, 08:13

Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 19:15
Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 18:49
I’ll ask again but putting it another way.

When Evans was sacked, did you expect the new manager to keep us in the play offs?

Yes or no will do.
no


damage was done
Again - WOW.

A football club sacking their manager & expecting to go down the league table.

It would be an all time first for any football club ever.
I have no internet friends

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28129
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by bristleposh » 11 Apr 2019, 08:30

Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:11
ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 20:49
I consider that we have seen a good bit of progress since Evans left. TBH we weren't really in the playoffs when he left - we were going down like a lead balloon, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc.
Wow - that has to be the biggest rewriting of history EVER on a football forum - "we weren't really in the play off when he left".

Wow and wow again.

That's like me coming on and saying we were 3rd pushing for the top two.
Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:13
Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 19:15
Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 18:49
I’ll ask again but putting it another way.

When Evans was sacked, did you expect the new manager to keep us in the play offs?

Yes or no will do.
no


damage was done
Again - WOW.

A football club sacking their manager & expecting to go down the league table.

It would be an all time first for any football club ever.
I'm assuming that despite your nomliclature, you are in fact Mrs Evans, the mother of the creater of so much angst in the Soke. Only a mother could love that dispicable man, no matter what others have done since or previously, the only person who was making himself and the club a laughing stock was the big **** himself, who for some inexplicable reason you wish to support at every twist. The man was obviously not Jewish because he was a complete ****.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 66
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Apr 2019, 08:39

bristleposh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:30
I'm assuming that despite your nomliclature, you are in fact Mrs Evans, the mother of the creater of so much angst in the Soke. Only a mother could love that dispicable man, no matter what others have done since or previously, the only person who was making himself and the club a laughing stock was the big **** himself, who for some inexplicable reason you wish to support at every twist. The man was obviously not Jewish because he was a complete ****.
But Bristol, you have completely and utterly avoided the point I was making.

I haven't even mentioned Evans here. I just asked if ashman & Adi expected us to go down the league table after appointing a new manager.

One said we weren't even in the play-offs and the other said yes, he did expect to slide down the table.

Personally I can't believe the replies I've read so I've asked Adi if he can ask the same question to Darragh tonight - I'll be very interested in his response (if the question is put across correctly of course).
I have no internet friends

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28129
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by bristleposh » 11 Apr 2019, 09:03

Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:39
bristleposh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:30
I'm assuming that despite your nomliclature, you are in fact Mrs Evans, the mother of the creater of so much angst in the Soke. Only a mother could love that dispicable man, no matter what others have done since or previously, the only person who was making himself and the club a laughing stock was the big **** himself, who for some inexplicable reason you wish to support at every twist. The man was obviously not Jewish because he was a complete ****.
But Bristol, you have completely and utterly avoided the point I was making.

I haven't even mentioned Evans here. I just asked if ashman & Adi expected us to go down the league table after appointing a new manager.

One said we weren't even in the play-offs and the other said yes, he did expect to slide down the table.

Personally I can't believe the replies I've read so I've asked Adi if he can ask the same question to Darragh tonight - I'll be very interested in his response (if the question is put across correctly of course).
If you had not been off to see the World you could have asked the question yourself, it is not an important question or you would have forgone your trip to Gatwick and beyond in order to ask it, not expect someone else to take the flack. Not sure if you're on Twitter but there is a gentleman on there goes by the name of DMac102, if you haven't already beenbanished from his list of respondants you could ask him yourself he answers most sensible questions, so I doubt he'd answer yours.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 66
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Apr 2019, 09:08

bristleposh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 09:03
If you had not been off to see the World you could have asked the question yourself, it is not an important question or you would have forgone your trip to Gatwick and beyond in order to ask it, not expect someone else to take the flack. Not sure if you're on Twitter but there is a gentleman on there goes by the name of DMac102, if you haven't already beenbanished from his list of respondants you could ask him yourself he answers most sensible questions, so I doubt he'd answer yours.
Somebody has to travel the world to apologise for our 17.4m racists :wink:

Oh, I am on Twitter but Darragh blocked me :clap:
I have no internet friends

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28129
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by bristleposh » 11 Apr 2019, 09:10

Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 09:08


Oh, I am on Twitter but Darragh blocked me :clap:
why am I not surprised by that
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Gaz_Miller
Posts: 66
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 11 Apr 2019, 09:12

bristleposh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 09:10
why am I not surprised by that
Another one who couldn't handle a bit of football knowledge. Instead of debating it like an adult, he spoke to his internet friends and decided to block me :clap2:
I have no internet friends

User avatar
Claude Rains
Posts: 54
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 17:47

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Claude Rains » 11 Apr 2019, 10:25

Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:13
Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 19:15
Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 18:49
I’ll ask again but putting it another way.

When Evans was sacked, did you expect the new manager to keep us in the play offs?

Yes or no will do.
no


damage was done
Again - WOW.

A football club sacking their manager & expecting to go down the league table.

It would be an all time first for any football club ever.
But is this any different to what Evans did last season?

I can't remember exact positions but he went from bullish certainty to slagging the players off - which we came to see was his way when results went rubbish.

Yes, they got worse under Fergie but there is still a chance to improve.

I think the play offs would be a step too far for this squad. It lost its way from mid October onwards and we are now relying on Doncaster to slip.

It's been another weird season.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

Wycliffe
Posts: 1680
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Wycliffe » 11 Apr 2019, 13:24

Gaz_Miller wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:39
bristleposh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 08:30
I'm assuming that despite your nomliclature, you are in fact Mrs Evans, the mother of the creater of so much angst in the Soke. Only a mother could love that dispicable man, no matter what others have done since or previously, the only person who was making himself and the club a laughing stock was the big **** himself, who for some inexplicable reason you wish to support at every twist. The man was obviously not Jewish because he was a complete ****.
But Bristol, you have completely and utterly avoided the point I was making.

I haven't even mentioned Evans here. I just asked if ashman & Adi expected us to go down the league table after appointing a new manager.

One said we weren't even in the play-offs and the other said yes, he did expect to slide down the table.

Personally I can't believe the replies I've read so I've asked Adi if he can ask the same question to Darragh tonight - I'll be very interested in his response (if the question is put across correctly of course).
I don't see the relevance of what I thought may happen immediately after the sacking and what the owners thought what happened.
Obviously an improvement was hoped for.
I don't have stats to hand but I don't recall a massive up;ift in results or performances when evans took over from Grant, it certainly wasn't enough anyways.

Post Reply