Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 10:13

Jason Naismith, Marcus Maddison, Rhys Bennett, Louis Reed ???

Nothing else counts pre-Fergie!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Gaz_Miller

Re: Most improved player - after Fergie's return

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 11:15

Not sure about any individual, but we've certainly not improved as a team since the Yes man returned.

If we had, we wouldn't now be a place below when he took over and as a result, out of the play-offs that Evans had us in.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2019, 13:38

Naismith by a mile.

Why don't the mods remove non thread postings as now I have to answer what Gaz said even though it isn't relevant.

The standings may not be better but the football is and as someone who attends matches that is important.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 14:45

Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 13:38
Naismith by a mile.

Why don't the mods remove non thread postings as now I have to answer what Gaz said even though it isn't relevant.

The standings may not be better but the football is and as someone who attends matches that is important.
Bit of a shock you going running to the mods Adi :wink:

Anyway, I WAS there on Saturday & it was ******* shocking football. If that had been Evans in charge, the yokels would be going crackers (and all agreeing with each other................again).

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2019, 15:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 14:45
Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 13:38
Naismith by a mile.

Bit of a shock you going running to the mods Adi :wink:

Anyway, I WAS there on Saturday & it was ******* shocking football. If that had been Evans in charge, the yokels would be going crackers (and all agreeing with each other................again).
It wasn't brilliant but the odd move, Toney's first half shot that went wide after an exhilarating move, the second goal and quite a few other examples would have been outlawed by your man a few weeks ago.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 16:08

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 11:15
Not sure about any individual, but we've certainly not improved as a team since the Yes man returned.

If we had, we wouldn't now be a place below when he took over and as a result, out of the play-offs that Evans had us in.
You are on your own with these kind of thoughts. There has rarely been a better move by DMac than getting rid of Evans. He was a monster to his players, an embarrassment to the club and a tactician of no significance at all, other than to hoof the ball forward and get his forwards to chase after it. The flack that the midfield have been taking this year is down to those sort of tactics. Since Fergie returned, Reed, Cooke, Woodyard, Ward and Cooper look to be influencing games properly as a midfield should do. I have no doubts that Dembele will turn up the gas in the remaining games too, whether we stay in League One or get to the playoffs plus+++
Look at how Naismith has turned his form around, Matty Godden looked as if he was getting back to where he should be and even Bennett has improved!
We have improved beyond recognition since Evans left!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 16:24

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 16:08
You are on your own with these kind of thoughts. There has rarely been a better move by DMac than getting rid of Evans. He was a monster to his players, an embarrassment to the club and a tactician of no significance at all, other than to hoof the ball forward and get his forwards to chase after it. The flack that the midfield have been taking this year is down to those sort of tactics. Since Fergie returned, Reed, Cooke, Woodyard, Ward and Cooper look to be influencing games properly as a midfield should do. I have no doubts that Dembele will turn up the gas in the remaining games too, whether we stay in League One or get to the playoffs plus+++
Look at how Naismith has turned his form around, Matty Godden looked as if he was getting back to where he should be and even Bennett has improved!
We have improved beyond recognition since Evans left!
I'm sorry, but that's bollox.

Cooke & Cooper can go this summer, they aren't good enough. Woodyard is a total fraud - his run on Saturday into opposition territory was simply embarrassing. His passing is so slow I could get down from the upper tier and move it along faster than him.

Reed is a good signing & has had a good full season, under both managers. If anything, Ward has gone off since Yes man arrived.

Godden was ok on Saturday for 25 minutes but let's not rewrite history & say he's been brilliant since Yes man turned up for the third time. His form until Xmas under Evans was probably the best football of his career.

The one FACT that remains is that we have gone down a place since Evans left and OUT of the play-offs. If that's what supporters want then maybe it's time for them to get out the speedway fixtures and look at another sport.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Apr 2019, 16:34

Who signed the majority of players you claim are not good enough.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 16:38

I've said Cooke, Cooper & Woodyard aren't good enough. Evans signed two & McCann signed one.

If you expected a new manager to sign 18 players & all of them to be good enough then you're mistaken. Even Fergie Snr made some howler signings over the years.

However, if you're saying the majority of those signings aren't good enough then you have to admit Evans did a brilliant job to get them into the play-offs - which one you choosing?

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 16:40

Evans didn't do a brilliant job. End of!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 16:40

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 16:40
But Yes man is doing worse - FACT.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 16:48

Gaz_Miller wrote:
ashman wrote:
But Yes man is doing worse - FACT.
Not true and stop calling him YES Man! :twisted:

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 16:54

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 16:48
Not true and stop calling him YES Man! :twisted:
Of course it's true.

We were 6th & now we're 7th - what bit of that are you struggling with?

If Mourinho replaced at Klopp at Liverpool and took them from first to second, would you say he'd improved the team?

So ******* basic (and he is Yes man :wink: )

Claude Rains

Post by Claude Rains » 10 Apr 2019, 16:55

Jason Naismith.

Potential captain material.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 17:41

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 16:38
I've said Cooke, Cooper & Woodyard aren't good enough. Evans signed two & McCann signed one.

If you expected a new manager to sign 18 players & all of them to be good enough then you're mistaken. Even Fergie Snr made some howler signings over the years.

However, if you're saying the majority of those signings aren't good enough then you have to admit Evans did a brilliant job to get them into the play-offs - which one you choosing?
No one is saying that the majority of the signed players aren't good enough it's just that it has taken a while for Fergie to get the best out of them. There has been an improvement in attitude, tempo and entertainment from all the players. At the beginning of the season all that was needed was about five or six decent players to be added to the group that Grant McCann had left but instead Evans did what he usually does and sacked nearly all of them off.
It is easy to see what you are up to.
Ferguson gets us into the playoffs - all down to Evans players.
Ferguson misses the playoffs - totally his fault.
You are on to a winner here but your conclusions are unpalatable.