Ferguson & Strachan

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

White G

Re: Ferguson & Strachan

Post by White G » 28 Mar 2019, 23:05

Low self-esteem from Posh fans is rife, as is Stockholm Syndrome towards DMAC. Why can't we survive without him? Plenty other similarly sized clubs do. What makes our club so weak in that we couldn't last without him?

Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin » 29 Mar 2019, 00:57

If we don't make the play off's and finish 7th or 8th this will be our 8th highest finish ever and of those half of them finished in relegation or a failed play-off, so all things considered I think we should be happy. Yes we all want to be playing at a higher level and doing what small town teams like Huddersfield and Burnley are doing, but all things considered I thing we have reason to be grateful for what Dmac is doing. If we were regularly getting 10K plus gates then it might be different, but on an average of 6K I think we are punching above our weight.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 29 Mar 2019, 08:12

White G wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 23:05
Low self-esteem from Posh fans is rife, as is Stockholm Syndrome towards DMAC. Why can't we survive without him? Plenty other similarly sized clubs do. What makes our club so weak in that we couldn't last without him?
You obviously have access to a lot more information than I do.
You can, no doubt, name a few of the Posh fans among who "Low self-esteem from Posh fans is rife" and
at least one who has "Stockholm Syndrome towards DMac".
It would be best if those who you name post to this message board so that they can confirm or refute your allegations.

As for "why can't we last without him".. You must have in mind some one or some group who would have the funds to repay the loans DMac has made and the amount his fellow directors (the other major shareholders) would want for their investments.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 29 Mar 2019, 08:16

tonyp wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 08:12
White G wrote:
28 Mar 2019, 23:05
You can, no doubt, name a few of the Posh fans among who "Low self-esteem from Posh fans is rife" and
It would be best if those who you name post to this message board so that they can confirm or refute your allegations.

As for "why can't we last without him".. You must have in mind some one or some group who would have the funds to repay the loans DMac has made and the amount his fellow directors (the other major shareholders) would want for their investments.
Not a chance of him doing that! Keep to the "Ferguson and Strachan' thread folks!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 29 Mar 2019, 20:54

tonyp wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 20:52
White G wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 18:11
tonyp wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 08:12

Tony, a very silly post as those who suffer from low self-esteem/Stockholm Syndrome don't see it themselves (hence the denial). I await a credible contribution from you on this forum lad!
I have noticed (as have others) that when you are incapable of giving a sensible answer to a question you resort to rubbishing the question.
You could at least have admitted that you don't know any of the Posh fans you refer to. That it was simply a figment of your imagination. And that you realise that we would be in deep trouble if Dmac withdrew his funds.
the cowards won't turn up at ebs april 11th for the q n' a as ever.

Fergie will be there too (that was me keeping it on thread :lol: )

ashman

Post by ashman » 30 Mar 2019, 04:00

Wycliffe wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 20:54
tonyp wrote:
White G wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 18:11

Tony, a very silly post as those who suffer from low self-esteem/Stockholm Syndrome don't see it themselves (hence the denial). I await a credible contribution from you on this forum lad!
I have noticed (as have others) that when you are incapable of giving a sensible answer to a question you resort to rubbishing the question.
You could at least have admitted that you don't know any of the Posh fans you refer to. That it was simply a figment of your imagination. And that you realise that we would be in deep trouble if Dmac withdrew his funds.

Well done Adi!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 30 Mar 2019, 08:41

ashman wrote:
30 Mar 2019, 04:00
Wycliffe wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 20:54
tonyp wrote:

Well done Adi!
:stupid: Congratulations Adi.
And you've saved WhiteG as well.
I hope you get a really good attendance and I look forward to a report from someone who does go along.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 01 Apr 2019, 09:25

So we are now five points behind the final play-off position that Evans left us in.

I'd give Ferguson a ten year deal and be done with it.
I have no internet friends

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 01 Apr 2019, 09:58

Gaz_Miller wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 09:25
So we are now five points behind the final play-off position that Evans left us in.

I'd give Ferguson a ten year deal and be done with it.
:lol:
Good one Gaz. But ..
I'm sure that you, like me, would still like us to make the playoffs.