Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

HantsPosh

Re: Ferguson & Strachan

Post by HantsPosh » 20 Mar 2019, 23:28

Gaz_Miller wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 22:47
White G wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 22:33
A match made in heaven. Failed manager taken on by desperate chairman. Fergie is clearly unfit for the job but he'll do as he's told, and he'll be cheap labour given his low stock. Why don't more folk not realise that we're being run by an egotistical clown?
Spot on.
Welcome to the Forum Mr Raynor, guess you’re at a loose end now your sidekick yes man duties are no longer required (unless its to massage Uncle Stevie’s considerable bulk of course)

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 21 Mar 2019, 10:46

Gaz_Miller wrote:
White G wrote:
A match made in heaven. Failed manager taken on by desperate chairman. Fergie is clearly unfit for the job but he'll do as he's told, and he'll be cheap labour given his low stock. Why don't more folk not realise that we're being run by an egotistical clown?
Spot on.
Got it in one!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 21 Mar 2019, 11:14

pleasureboy60 wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 10:46
Gaz_Miller wrote:
White G wrote:
Spot on.
Got it in one!
That is how you may feel, but just for a moment remember where we were when he took over, and then think of where we would probably be without his input, I would look forward to trips to Bath, Salisbury, Swindon Marine and Chippenham but I'm sure regulars would not welcome those games.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

White G

Post by White G » 24 Mar 2019, 22:02

bristleposh wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 11:14
That is how you may feel, but just for a moment remember where we were when he took over, and then think of where we would probably be without his input, I would look forward to trips to Bath, Salisbury, Swindon Marine and Chippenham but I'm sure regulars would not welcome those games.
Time to move forward. Well done to him but how many years special licence does this give him? Mentalities like this are very dangerous as it lets those in power exploit the weak & stupid through misplaced trust & loyalty.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Mar 2019, 23:18

White G wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 22:02
bristleposh wrote:
Time to move forward. Well done to him but how many years special licence does this give him? Mentalities like this are very dangerous as it lets those in power exploit the weak & stupid through misplaced trust & loyalty.
I'm stupid at least I accept it, are you going to tell us how high your IQ is and how many degrees you've got. The special licence is his for as long as he needs it, because without him we'd be out of business. Unless you have the money to buy him out and improve the situation

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 26 Mar 2019, 19:30

White G wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
This from the man who watches Scottish football :lol:

White G

Post by White G » 26 Mar 2019, 21:53

DaveLister wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 19:30
White G wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
This from the man who watches Scottish football :lol:
How does that refer to any of the above chat? Seems like you're trying to be funny (and impress your online mates), but don't quite have the wit or intelligence to pull it off.

ashman

Post by ashman » 26 Mar 2019, 22:32

Please stick to the thread title or else it becomes SPAM!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Mar 2019, 23:18

ashman wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 22:32
Please stick to the thread title or else it becomes SPAM!
...and don't forget the comment about weak and stupid

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Mar 2019, 08:33

White G wrote:
bristleposh wrote:
I am intrigued.

Who is this person who is to take over, I am assuming you have knowledge of the person willing and able to stump up.

He ain't perfect, few of us are. However the introduction of two new co-owners seems to have refreshed his enthusiasm and whilst there are always questions to ask his tenure has overall been a success not least as we are still alive despite losing £££'s per week.

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 27 Mar 2019, 08:50

Wycliffe wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 08:33
I am intrigued.

Who is this person who is to take over, I am assuming you have knowledge of the person willing and able to stump up.

He ain't perfect, few of us are. However the introduction of two new co-owners seems to have refreshed his enthusiasm and whilst there are always questions to ask his tenure has overall been a success not least as we are still alive despite losing £££'s per week.
So, like every other football club then. That does not make it a success.

I agree we've had some good years but the last 5 or 6 have been dreadful with some of the worse football on show ever.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Mar 2019, 09:07

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 08:50
Wycliffe wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 08:33
I am intrigued.

So, like every other football club then. That does not make it a success.

I agree we've had some good years but the last 5 or 6 have been dreadful with some of the worse football on show ever.
They have been with the odd highlights including being top of the division at various times and some good cup performances, overall it is impossible to argue.
They haven't happened however due to a lack of backing, interest or commitment from the owner and I genuinely feel that with his two new co-owners there may be some new impetus soon, appointing your man was a gamble worth trying, it didn't work but the Chairman should not be criticised for the gamble nor the plug pulling

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 27 Mar 2019, 14:38

bristleposh wrote:
pleasureboy60 wrote:
Gaz_Miller wrote:

Spot on.
Got it in one!
That is how you may feel, but just for a moment remember where we were when he took over, and then think of where we would probably be without his input, I would look forward to trips to Bath, Salisbury, Swindon Supermarine and Chippenham but I'm sure regulars would not welcome those games.
To be fair on a purely day out basis, I think anyone would choose Bath or Salisbury over a weekend in Rochdale or Scunthorpe!

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Mar 2019, 22:09

HantsPosh wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 14:38
bristleposh wrote:
pleasureboy60 wrote:

Got it in one!
That is how you may feel, but just for a moment remember where we were when he took over, and then think of where we would probably be without his input, I would look forward to trips to Bath, Salisbury, Swindon Supermarine and Chippenham but I'm sure regulars would not welcome those games.
To be fair on a purely day out basis, I think anyone would choose Bath or Salisbury over a weekend in Rochdale or Scunthorpe!
Rochdale is believe it or not one of the best and most popular POSH days out, Scunny not so much .

Went to Bath for Fry's first ever game in charge, I've never really liked the place since :lol:

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Mar 2019, 07:25

Gaz_Miller wrote:
27 Mar 2019, 08:50
Well you are certainly wrong about that. You obviously weren't around when Barry was struggling to keep the club's head above water, signing any player who could lace up their boots. Fergie has shown twice before that he is the one who can, hopefully, bring back the good times.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'