Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Re: Posh v Coventry

Post by pleasureboy60 » 17 Mar 2019, 19:15

bristleposh wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 18:13
ashman wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 15:19

I think that we were all embarrassed by the efforts of the Evans players. It's not Fergie's fault you know? :twisted:
Sadly not a comment I would expect from you. They are footballers, they are not Evans's players, they are Posh players, they may not have been the ones that Ferguson would have chosen. We support the club and those players sent on to the pitch. Taffazolli not even on the bench was here before Evans, but deemed not good enough by Fergie to be near the squad. O'Malley was here before Evans as was Maddison,Ward, Cooper, Stevens and Tomlin, others that are like Dembele (injured), Toney, Reed, Woodyard, Naismith and a couple of the loan players we would accept without question had it not been for the man who signed them.
The fact that the manager can not get a tune out of these players is solely down to him. I think there are many unemployed managers, and some at a lower level who would be more than capable of organising these players, and getting results from them.
Great Post! You expect a new manager when he takes over to at least motivate what's before him and at least make some sort of difference on the park. Since Fergie took over,we've got progressively worse,as our league position shows! I'm also fed up with hearing that Fergie has inherited this bunch of players. Maybe he has, but he still has some talent in his ranks,far more than some of the teams in this league. If he can't get the best from what he has inherited,then maybe hes not the man for the job!

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Mar 2019, 02:10

pleasureboy60 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:15
bristleposh wrote:
ashman wrote:

I think that we were all embarrassed by the efforts of the Evans players. It's not Fergie's fault you know? :twisted:
Sadly not a comment I would expect from you. They are footballers, they are not Evans's players, they are Posh players, they may not have been the ones that Ferguson would have chosen. We support the club and those players sent on to the pitch. Taffazolli not even on the bench was here before Evans, but deemed not good enough by Fergie to be near the squad. O'Malley was here before Evans as was Maddison,Ward, Cooper, Stevens and Tomlin, others that are like Dembele (injured), Toney, Reed, Woodyard, Naismith and a couple of the loan players we would accept without question had it not been for the man who signed them.
The fact that the manager can not get a tune out of these players is solely down to him. I think there are many unemployed managers, and some at a lower level who would be more than capable of organising these players, and getting results from them.
Great Post! You expect a new manager when he takes over to at least motivate what's before him and at least make some sort of difference on the park. Since Fergie took over,we've got progressively worse,as our league position shows! I'm also fed up with hearing that Fergie has inherited this bunch of players. Maybe he has, but he still has some talent in his ranks,far more than some of the teams in this league. If he can't get the best from what he has inherited,then maybe hes not the man for the job!
Which is exactly the same situation as to what happened last season. Evans inherited a far more talented group of players (that were signed by McCann) and then lost five of the last six games. He then proceeded to get rid of nearly all of them and replace them with a collection that he considered were good enough to hoof their way out of the league and was shown to be woefully wrong.
To copy your words "You expected a new manager when he takes over to at least motivate what's before him and at least make some sort of difference on the park. When Evans took over, we got progressively worse, as our plunging league position showed!" In addition the manner in which the team were playing was worse than any I can recall in many years.
Just for bristle's info, Tafazolli was taken ill on Friday and was deemed not well enough to play on Saturday. O'Malley wasn't playing at all in the Evans reign, Stevens was out on loan, Tomlin was nowhere near Posh, Dembele, Toney, Reed, Woodyard, Naismith etc. were all signed by Evans.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 18 Mar 2019, 08:50

bristleposh wrote:
ashman wrote:

Yet totally comments we'd expect from you :lol:

The only criticism I have of Fergie is that after watching a few POSH games before his temporary appointment it must have shown him that his preferred style of play would not be possible with this bunch so his formations should have been somewhat more fluid.
However what he could not foresee is that we'd have so many bottlers after Evans' boast that we'd never see such capitulations as we saw under (his words) the previous managers reign.
Their lack of talent was never in doubt even when we were doing well but we managed to roll over some sides.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Mar 2019, 14:03

ashman wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 02:10

Just for bristle's info, Tafazolli was taken ill on Friday and was deemed not well enough to play on Saturday. O'Malley wasn't playing at all in the Evans reign, Stevens was out on loan, Tomlin was nowhere near Posh, Dembele, Toney, Reed, Woodyard, Naismith etc. were all signed by Evans.
I didn't know about Taffys illness, O'Malley did have a few games under Evans, I know Stevens was out on loan but Evans brought him back. Tomlin had been here before. The others all signed by Evans is what I said, and all are at least as good as what we would hope.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Mar 2019, 17:31

bristleposh wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 14:03
ashman wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 02:10

I didn't know about Taffys illness, O'Malley did have a few games under Evans, I know Stevens was out on loan but Evans brought him back. Tomlin had been here before. The others all signed by Evans is what I said, and all are at least as good as what we would hope.
Just admit it bristle. The Evans reign was a complete disaster and he has not only messed up this season but quite possibly the next two seasons as well - unless Fergie can perform some kind of miracle in the next calendar year.
Steve Evans - Posh fan through and through! Joke! :roll: :shock: :twisted:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Mar 2019, 17:41

I couldn’t stand him, but whilst he was with us I was more than happy to support his chosen team. They did well early on. Ferguson was great first time around and acceptable second time around. Third time shouldn’t be happening

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Mar 2019, 17:53

bristleposh wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 17:41
I couldn’t stand him, but whilst he was with us I was more than happy to support his chosen team. They did well early on. Ferguson was great first time around and acceptable second time around. Third time shouldn’t be happening
It will happen and I hope that you are proved wrong!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Mar 2019, 18:26

ashman wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 17:53
bristleposh wrote:
In which case I hope I am too.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 18 Mar 2019, 18:28

bristleposh wrote:
Ferguson was great first time around and acceptable second time around. Third time shouldn’t be happening
:stupid:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 18 Mar 2019, 21:56

bristleposh wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 18:26
ashman wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 17:53
bristleposh wrote:
In which case I hope I am too.
:stupid:
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 18 Mar 2019, 22:02

ashman wrote:
I think that we were all embarrassed by the efforts of the Evans players.
I wasn't. I was just disappointed. Evans and the players are the ones who should be embarrassed.
Being happy never goes out of style