tonyp

Re: For Marcus Fans

Post by tonyp » 10 Apr 2019, 08:08

Well done Marcus Maddison!
Being happy never goes out of style

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 10 Apr 2019, 09:17

……...and the Season. Give him the award now.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Apr 2019, 09:48

Our most improved player since he learned there is no I in team
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 11:17

Brianposh wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 09:17
100% Player of the Season.

Even the clueless fans are now understanding how good he is.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2019, 13:36

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 11:17
Brianposh wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 09:17
100% Player of the Season.

Even the clueless fans are now understanding how good he is.
:lol:

Strange season though.

Wardy was probably our most improved player up until halfway and would have been in the running, Naismith has done well since Evans left.
MM was pretty inconsistent once he actually got to play and even since he became regular he was playing only1 in 3 anywhere near good enough to catch the eye.

However the past 4 or 5 matches he's done really well and obviously for some that's good enough for player of the season :wink:

Saying that I'm stuffed if I can think of anyone who deserves the 'accolade' so Marcus can have it for all I care

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 10 Apr 2019, 14:47

"4 or 5 matches" - you want to face the pitch at matches mate.

Take him out of the team and we'd be relegation fodder.
I have no internet friends

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2019, 15:06

Gaz_Miller wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 14:47
"4 or 5 matches" - you want to face the pitch at matches mate.

Take him out of the team and we'd be relegation fodder.
:lol:

Relegation fodder even after the brilliant job your man evans did? :roll:

He is never going to be the type of player who is brilliant for a whole game very often although it has happened.

His histrionics have reduced since Fergie came back and that always helps (although he still does it more than is healthy)

The last 4 or 5 matches he has contributed overall for a longer period than is usual, along with others he was totally insipid first half Saturday so it ain't all rosy but I have always said he is a skilful player with many assets.
At times however due to his play acting, unpopularity with team mates and general attitude he has been a limited asset too.

Us who see his wrongs also see his rights, seems not to work for those who only see his good. :wink:

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 15:51

Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 15:06
Us who see his wrongs also see his rights, seems not to work for those who only see his good. :wink:
Now that is wrong! Since Fergie has been back he is an almost totally transformed individual. He was sent out with the youths in pre-season and that is probably why he stuttered for a while when he returned to the fold. With a character like Evans controlling his every move it is no wonder that he was acting like an uncontrollable muppet until he left.
Marcus Maddison is a very sensitive character and needs to be treated with care and a certain respect. He was in the shop greeting fans on Tuesday and was a joy to chat to. Unfortunately there are a number of 'fans' who think it is ok to simply react in a totally negative way whenever he gets near the ball. Look at the pictures that Joe Dent took in the Gillingham game and you will see that Marcus is now playing with a smile on his face and is surrounded by team mates whenever he brings out his magic. That is something we have rarely seen and it is coincidental with him playing and producing some of the best football of his career.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Claude Rains

Post by Claude Rains » 10 Apr 2019, 16:56

He certainly seems to be enjoying his football more since Fergie arrived.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Apr 2019, 18:02

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 15:51
Wycliffe wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 15:06
Now that is wrong! Since Fergie has been back he is an almost totally transformed individual. He was sent out with the youths in pre-season and that is probably why he stuttered for a while when he returned to the fold. With a character like Evans controlling his every move it is no wonder that he was acting like an uncontrollable muppet until he left.
Marcus Maddison is a very sensitive character and needs to be treated with care and a certain respect. He was in the shop greeting fans on Tuesday and was a joy to chat to. Unfortunately there are a number of 'fans' who think it is ok to simply react in a totally negative way whenever he gets near the ball. Look at the pictures that Joe Dent took in the Gillingham game and you will see that Marcus is now playing with a smile on his face and is surrounded by team mates whenever he brings out his magic. That is something we have rarely seen and it is coincidental with him playing and producing some of the best football of his career.
I have acknowledged elsewhere that seeing him play with a smile is a pleasant change and I would guess is partly/mostly due to the ogre leaving, he is indeed a sensitive soul so it may be advisable not to expect this to be the norm so here's hoping.

His skill has always but always been recognised and I must say like everyone I much more enjoy seeing him doing his stuff when he's like this than when he was doing it and none of his team mates were joining in as you say.

You say I was wrong which is fair enough but you then say you understand his grumpiness, over the years there's been more examples of such an attitude so it hasn't just been evans.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 12 Apr 2019, 17:05

Comes over very well in this, some good stuff about him from the 2 D's last night.

I have seen the light :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzHz8X9Hozk