Minutes Applause Saturday

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
Wycliffe
Posts: 1626
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Mar 2019, 12:17

For Bobby Doyle who was such an outstanding player for us and Christine Malinowski and Tom Lindsey old time POSH fans who also recently passed away.

I can not take the credit. Mentioned it to the club and they'd already thought of it

Wycliffe
Posts: 1626
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by Wycliffe » 01 Mar 2019, 14:48

Please join in on the 68th minute as Christine's family are going to start a minutes applause for her

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17363
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by ashman » 02 Mar 2019, 05:10

Wycliffe wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 12:17
For Bobby Doyle who was such an outstanding player for us and Christine Malinowski and Tom Lindsey old time POSH fans who also recently passed away.

I can not take the credit. Mentioned it to the club and they'd already thought of it
Apparently the applause is also for Ian Ross, Chris Turner's centre back defender during 1976-79 seasons. He totalled 112 games for Posh and anyone who saw him during this period would testify to his wonderful timing in heading away a football. He died on 9th. February this year aged just 72.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
poshnipper
Nippoderator
Posts: 16184
Joined: 06 May 2005, 15:24
Location: Right behind my team!!

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by poshnipper » 02 Mar 2019, 11:43

I’ll be joining in.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 5864
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by Poshay » 02 Mar 2019, 23:37

poshnipper wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 11:43
I’ll be joining in.
Everybody did too. It was a great mark of respect.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Wycliffe
Posts: 1626
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by Wycliffe » 03 Mar 2019, 11:12

Brilliantly observed and fair play to the club for mentioning it as well as including Tom and of course two actual legends of the club.

Lastly thank you to the Wycombe fans who joined in.

RIP Christine and Tom :clap:

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19150
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by tonyp » 04 Mar 2019, 08:34

Wycliffe wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 11:12
Brilliantly observed and fair play to the club for mentioning it as well as including Tom and of course two actual legends of the club.

Lastly thank you to the Wycombe fans who joined in.

RIP Christine and Tom :clap:
:stupid:
I watched the game on iFollow and was surprised and pleased to see the Wycombe fans joining in.
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe
Posts: 1626
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Minutes Applause Saturday

Post by Wycliffe » 04 Mar 2019, 12:15

tonyp wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 08:34
Wycliffe wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 11:12
Brilliantly observed and fair play to the club for mentioning it as well as including Tom and of course two actual legends of the club.

Lastly thank you to the Wycombe fans who joined in.

RIP Christine and Tom :clap:
:stupid:
I watched the game on iFollow and was surprised and pleased to see the Wycombe fans joining in.
Shouldn't be surprised mate.

Not many away fans wouldn't tbf join in as long as they are pre warned which they were saturday

Post Reply