The Posh ground

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stuie

The Posh ground

Post by stuie » 24 Feb 2019, 18:54

well, yesterday was awful

if I travelled from Cheshire just for the Posh, that would be it for the season.

I will be writing to the owners

If you want me to come to our football ground, 10 times a year, rain snow or blow

It is simples, the ground needs to be within walking distance of the city centre

If it is not, then in the good times I will travel out of town, however in the medicre times, I will just go to more attractive away venues

for me it is not neccesarily about football, but having a nice time in Peterborough with like minded Posh fans

Yesterday I had the enjoyment of talking to many Posh fans in Peterborough pubs etc

Thoughts please
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

ashman

Re: The Posh ground

Post by ashman » 24 Feb 2019, 19:54

stuie wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 18:54
well, yesterday was awful

if I travelled from Cheshire just for the Posh, that would be it for the season.

I will be writing to the owners

If you want me to come to our football ground, 10 times a year, rain snow or blow

It is simples, the ground needs to be within walking distance of the city centre

If it is not, then in the good times I will travel out of town, however in the medicre times, I will just go to more attractive away venues

for me it is not neccesarily about football, but having a nice time in Peterborough with like minded Posh fans

Yesterday I had the enjoyment of talking to many Posh fans in Peterborough pubs etc

Thoughts please
Totally agree with that stuie. I think that an awful lot of fans just wouldn't bother if it is out of town!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Feb 2019, 20:29

Sadly it appears that not many bother going to London Road
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Feb 2019, 20:47

bristleposh wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 20:29
Sadly it appears that not many bother going to London Road
No, not in its present state, probably because the state of The Abax and the footballing hole we have got ourselves into. If there was a totally new stadium in the middle of town (Embankment) they surely would attend.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'