http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

DaveLister
Second Technician

Re: Plymouth at home

Post by DaveLister » 02 Feb 2019, 17:11

bristleposh wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 16:51
Que sera sera whatever will be, Tomlin a red card waiting to happen
Plymouth defender should have joined him. Threw an elbow at Ivan Toney I think in the same incident.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Feb 2019, 17:22

DaveLister wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 17:11
bristleposh wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 16:51
Que sera sera whatever will be, Tomlin a red card waiting to happen
Plymouth defender should have joined him. Threw an elbow at Ivan Toney I think in the same incident.
I think so, but he was clever enough to lay on his back

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 02 Feb 2019, 18:21

I left at half time. It was far too cold to sit and watch that rubbish being played by Posh.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 02 Feb 2019, 18:23

I left the computer before the goal why can’t the rugby kick off at five

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 02 Feb 2019, 18:53

My 95 year old grannie was sat in the stand today. Do you think if she rings McBlarney up he might install her as the next manager. She knows fxxk all about football so should fit the bill nicely!

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 02 Feb 2019, 20:38

I felt we were very unlucky to lose today. Great effort with 10 men put a good shift in and we certainly did not deserve to lose. Tomlin played awful and his sending off was on the cards from the very beginning.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 02 Feb 2019, 23:12

Poshay wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 18:21
I left at half time. It was far too cold to sit and watch that rubbish being played by Posh.
Quitters Quit.

Good job the players didn't.

Very unlucky to lose

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Feb 2019, 04:58

Brianposh wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 20:38
I felt we were very unlucky to lose today. Great effort with 10 men put a good shift in and we certainly did not deserve to lose. Tomlin played awful and his sending off was on the cards from the very beginning.
Teams playing with two wide men has always been the downfall of any Fergie team. After going down to ten men we were ripe for that formation to cause us problems and that is just what happened. Up until half time we were by far the better team. With ten men, Ward had to drop right back to counteract their left wide man and the same on the other side with Lafferty. It was always going to be a damage limitation exercise after Tomlin was dismissed. Up until that point, Cooke, Woodyard, Dembele and Tomlin were running the game and some of Tomlins touches, Cooke's vision and passing and Dembele's forward play were superb. It's just a shame that it is going to take some time for those around Tomlin to work out what he is liable to be doing!
I thought he was very unfortunate to be sent off but maybe his reputation goes before him. The first yellow card was IMO just a case of two players arriving together, both with feet up. The Plymouth player had the nous to roll around on the floor and got away with it. The second yellow was a case of Tomlin desperately trying to stop Toney from having a go at their defender. Unfortunately he put his hand up to push the player away. With all his experience of league football he should know that you can never raise a hand towards another player!
Oh well, on to Donny. I'm sure that Grant is working his nuts off right now trying to work out how to beat his former team!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 03 Feb 2019, 14:23

The correct answer Ashman. If Tomlin hadn't got involved I believe Toney may have seen red for flattening their defender. Technically with Tomlins red he's made the correct decision in sending him off for two yellows, but fails to give their defender a red card for the elbow on Toney. It's the inconsistency of the official that's annoying.

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Feb 2019, 14:59

DaveLister wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 14:23
The correct answer Ashman. If Tomlin hadn't got involved I believe Toney may have seen red for flattening their defender. Technically with Tomlins red he's made the correct decision in sending him off for two yellows, but fails to give their defender a red card for the elbow on Toney. It's the inconsistency of the official that's annoying.
That number 5 Edwards was a complete k******d all game and was intent on winding up Tomlin and Toney in equal measure. After Tomlin's 'foot up' foul he must have sprinted 40-50 yards just to get involved with the melee. He then tried to 'head to head' Tomlin in an attempt to get Tomlin to react. He didn't thank goodness and simply got an undeserved yellow.
Toney was manhandled all game by Edwards and then pulled him down for the free kick. Tomlin should have had enough experience to realise just what the defender was trying to do and kept out of it. In hindsight, as you say, Tomlin's second yellow and consequent red card may just have saved Toney a straight red. I assume that there will only be a one match ban for Tomlin as long as it was given for the second yellow and not a straight red for the push?????

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 03 Feb 2019, 15:12

ashman wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 14:59
I assume that there will only be a one match ban for Tomlin as long as it was given for the second yellow and not a straight red for the push?????
Hardly a push, it appeared that he was trying to stand between them and gave Edwards the opportunity to fall backwards. Doesn’t detract from the fact that Tomlin was an accident waiting to happen.

ashman

Post by ashman » 03 Feb 2019, 17:31

bristleposh wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 15:12
ashman wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 14:59
I assume that there will only be a one match ban for Tomlin as long as it was given for the second yellow and not a straight red for the push?????
Hardly a push, it appeared that he was trying to stand between them and gave Edwards the opportunity to fall backwards. Doesn’t detract from the fact that Tomlin was an accident waiting to happen.
Support your team instead of seizing on any chance to have a go at individuals! Are you Evans in disguise? :wink: