Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by ashman » 26 Jan 2019, 18:42

DaveLister wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 17:38
O'malley saves Charlton penalty!!
... which was the softest penalty ever. He still had to stop it however!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 26 Jan 2019, 19:09

Twas a half decent watch but Posh faded after a good start and were hanging on at the end when all the ricochets seemed to go Charlton's way. But a point is still a point. I thought White was outstanding in defence.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 26 Jan 2019, 19:28

Poshay wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 19:09
Twas a half decent watch but Posh faded after a good start and were hanging on at the end when all the ricochets seemed to go Charlton's way. But a point is still a point. I thought White was outstanding in defence.
We had a goodish half and the manager should have prepared his team to be wary of the onslaught at the beginning of the second half. He hasn't (hadn't :lol: :lol: ) a clue and then we reverted to hoof ball. White excellent, Bennett seems to be improving each game, apart from one ridiculous back pass.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 26 Jan 2019, 20:20

ashman wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 18:42
DaveLister wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 17:38
O'malley saves Charlton penalty!!
... which was the softest penalty ever. He still had to stop it however!
T'other one would still be getting down now
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Jan 2019, 22:26

It really doesn't matter I know.
But the point ie the Charlton player missed it.
Being happy never goes out of style

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 27 Jan 2019, 11:39

Posh must have thought that they were the away team such was the noise from the massed ranks of the 2000 plus Charlton supporters. From the Family Stand the Shed End seemed much quieter and of course we in the Family Stand don't go in for organised chanting, just clapping and the odd cheer when there's something to cheer about.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jan 2019, 12:06

Poshay wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 11:39
Posh must have thought that they were the away team such was the noise from the massed ranks of the 2000 plus Charlton supporters. From the Family Stand the Shed End seemed much quieter and of course we in the Family Stand don't go in for organised chanting, just clapping and the odd cheer when there's something to cheer about.
This old chestnut again! The way the roof is on the LRE is always a downer for projected noise. Away fans are always more vocal than home fans (listen to Posh fans when they go away) and listening from either the Family Stand or the North stand always gives a feeling that the LRE are not part of the game - I can assure they are!

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 27 Jan 2019, 18:44

ashman wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 12:06
Poshay wrote:
This old chestnut again! The way the roof is on the LRE is always a downer for projected noise. Away fans are always more vocal than home fans (listen to Posh fans when they go away) and listening from either the Family Stand or the North stand always gives a feeling that the LRE are not part of the game - I can assure they are!
Damn that roof!! :? :?
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 28 Jan 2019, 08:32

ashman wrote:
Poshay wrote:
As a regular attendee in the motor point and occasional London road ender I agree. That roof almost has a greenhouse effect for noise. If it had a similar roof to the motor point stand you'd hear a massive difference.

ashman

Post by ashman » 28 Jan 2019, 09:51

DaveLister wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 08:32
ashman wrote:
Poshay wrote:
As a regular attendee in the motor point and occasional London road ender I agree. That roof almost has a greenhouse effect for noise. If it had a similar roof to the motor point stand you'd hear a massive difference.
Thank you Dave! :clap2: