Posh v Charlton

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19095
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posh v Charlton

Post by tonyp » 23 Jan 2019, 09:13

I have copied this post from the Portsmouth thread.
pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 08:00
For once in my life i really hope we get trounced (by Charlton).
I am absolutely sure you don't mean that pleasureboy60.

Surely you would like us to win and hope that the manager will get things right and see us into the Championship.

In the prediction game I am sort of ashamed that I have predicted we will lose. But I don't hope we do.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27933
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jan 2019, 10:30

This is the type of post that annoys me too Tony, how can people say such things, we are 6th in league one with crowds pushing 6 or 7 thousand, we are punching well above our weight. If you have a short memory you may not recallconstant seasons in the bottom half of league 2. Losing 7-0 to Tranmere. We are in a far better place today under DMac and his chosen management team. Last nights performance was quite good and given that we were without several first choice players I think we can forgive the luckless attempts to get the ball across the line at the empty end of the ground, before some rank bad defending by Toney in particular led to them scoring an undeserved winner.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

pleasureboy60
Posts: 250
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by pleasureboy60 » 23 Jan 2019, 11:24

bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 10:30
This is the type of post that annoys me too Tony, how can people say such things, we are 6th in league one with crowds pushing 6 or 7 thousand, we are punching well above our weight. If you have a short memory you may not recallconstant seasons in the bottom half of league 2. Losing 7-0 to Tranmere. We are in a far better place today under DMac and his chosen management team. Last nights performance was quite good and given that we were without several first choice players I think we can forgive the luckless attempts to get the ball across the line at the empty end of the ground, before some rank bad defending by Toney in particular led to them scoring an undeserved winner.

I'm sure there's many other fans who think that Evans is not the right man for this club. and the only way the chairman is going to Get rid of this clown is by losing games. I don't particularly want us to lose,but if it means Evans losing his job then all well and Good! We are in a no better place now than we were before McCann got the boot. Infact we havnt progressed at all since that unfortunate day at Crystal Palace in 2012. Here we are 7 years later with no progression and no signs of us ever getting near the championship.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17275
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2019, 12:41

pleasureboy60, please amend the above post, as it look as though bristle has posted all this and some of it was you!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17275
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2019, 14:04

Lyle Taylor dismissal appeal overturned. Will miss game against Posh, Fleetwood and Southend.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c474d ... successful
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27933
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jan 2019, 15:26

pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 11:24
bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 10:30
This is the type of post that annoys me too Tony, how can people say such things, we are 6th in league one with crowds pushing 6 or 7 thousand, we are punching well above our weight. If you have a short memory you may not recallconstant seasons in the bottom half of league 2. Losing 7-0 to Tranmere. We are in a far better place today under DMac and his chosen management team. Last nights performance was quite good and given that we were without several first choice players I think we can forgive the luckless attempts to get the ball across the line at the empty end of the ground, before some rank bad defending by Toney in particular led to them scoring an undeserved winner.
I'm sure there's many other fans who think that Evans is not the right man for this club. and the only way the chairman is going to Get rid of this clown is by losing games. I don't particularly want us to lose,but if it means Evans losing his job then all well and Good! We are in a no better place now than we were before McCann got the boot. Infact we havnt progressed at all since that unfortunate day at Crystal Palace in 2012. Here we are 7 years later with no progression and no signs of us ever getting near the championship.
hopefully he'll win enough games between now and the end of the season to change everybody's mind, I can't stand the man, but would never let that sway what I want from my team

If he start with O'Malley Naismith Bennett White Lafferty Cooke Dempsey Woodyard Cooper Maddison and Godden he won't go far wrong although I suppose Tomlin will have to play and Toney still seems to be flavour of the moment despite some rank bad performances recently
Last edited by bristleposh on 23 Jan 2019, 15:35, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh
Posts: 427
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by HantsPosh » 23 Jan 2019, 15:29

bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 10:30
This is the type of post that annoys me too Tony, how can people say such things, we are 6th in league one with crowds pushing 6 or 7 thousand, we are punching well above our weight. If you have a short memory you may not recallconstant seasons in the bottom half of league 2. Losing 7-0 to Tranmere. We are in a far better place today under DMac and his chosen management team. Last nights performance was quite good and given that we were without several first choice players I think we can forgive the luckless attempts to get the ball across the line at the empty end of the ground, before some rank bad defending by Toney in particular led to them scoring an undeserved winner.
Punching well above our weight, really? With one of the biggest squads and highest budgets in the league and a 'manager' who slated the previous managers and assured us all that we would be promoted this year with a squad more than capable of achieving this and staying in the championship.

According to Evans all of his players are first choice players so which ones were we without last night? If it wasn't for all the nonsense that Evans comes out with then we might be happy with 6th place but he is the one blaming everyone but Santa Claus for being in League One for so long.

Oh as much as despise the man with an absolute passion I don't want us to lose to Charlton but then again I didn't want us to lose 4-0 to Luton but we did and against a team who hadn't scored a goal from open play in 4 games!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17275
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2019, 16:27

bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 15:26
If he start with O'Malley Naismith Bennett White Lafferty Cooke Dempsey Woodyard Cooper Maddison and Godden he won't go far wrong although I suppose Tomlin will have to play and Toney still seems to be flavour of the moment despite some rank bad performances recently
Not a clue as to team selection have you? Are you Evans in disguise? :wink:
Cooper was absolutely woeful again at Portsmouth and must surely be replaced by a proper footballer Louis Reed. Tomlin should always start and is progressing well in his fitness campaign, playing another 70 minutes. Toney was only poor because again, he was playing on his own up front and Godden couldn't hit a barn door if he was in the barn! Why on earth Matty Stevens isn't being given a start is beyond me! Tyler Denton, despite a few encouraging starts has been ignored again and Mark O'Hara seems to step down the order every time he passes the ball instead of hoofing it!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27933
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by bristleposh » 23 Jan 2019, 16:41

ashman wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 16:27
bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 15:26
If he start with O'Malley Naismith Bennett White Lafferty Cooke Dempsey Woodyard Cooper Maddison and Godden he won't go far wrong although I suppose Tomlin will have to play and Toney still seems to be flavour of the moment despite some rank bad performances recently
Not a clue as to team selection have you? Are you Evans in disguise? :wink:
Cooper was absolutely woeful again at Southampton and must surely be replaced by a proper footballer Louis Reed. Tomlin should always start and is progressing well in his fitness campaign, playing another 70 minutes. Toney was only poor because again, he was playing on his own up front and Godden couldn't hit a barn door if he was in the barn! Why on earth Matty Stevens isn't being given a start is beyond me! Tyler Denton, despite a few encouraging starts has been ignored again and Mark O'Hara seems to step down the order every time he passes the ball instead of hoofing it!
No wonder you thought Cooper was awful if you were watching from Southampton :lol:
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17275
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2019, 20:10

bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 16:41
ashman wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 16:27
bristleposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 15:26
If he start with O'Malley Naismith Bennett White Lafferty Cooke Dempsey Woodyard Cooper Maddison and Godden he won't go far wrong although I suppose Tomlin will have to play and Toney still seems to be flavour of the moment despite some rank bad performances recently
Not a clue as to team selection have you? Are you Evans in disguise? :wink:
Cooper was absolutely woeful again at Southampton and must surely be replaced by a proper footballer Louis Reed. Tomlin should always start and is progressing well in his fitness campaign, playing another 70 minutes. Toney was only poor because again, he was playing on his own up front and Godden couldn't hit a barn door if he was in the barn! Why on earth Matty Stevens isn't being given a start is beyond me! Tyler Denton, despite a few encouraging starts has been ignored again and Mark O'Hara seems to step down the order every time he passes the ball instead of hoofing it!
No wonder you thought Cooper was awful if you were watching from Southampton :lol:
Oops! Portsmouth I meant - but it was still closer than you!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27933
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2019, 00:03

I was about three feet from my screen
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17275
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by ashman » 24 Jan 2019, 07:57

bristleposh wrote:
24 Jan 2019, 00:03
I was about three feet from my screen
Says it all. You probably need to clean it! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 27933
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by bristleposh » 24 Jan 2019, 09:34

ashman wrote:
24 Jan 2019, 07:57
bristleposh wrote:
24 Jan 2019, 00:03
I was about three feet from my screen
Says it all. You probably need to clean it! :wink:
I have a personal cleaner, who calls herself a wife, I'll pass on your news that she's not doing her job properly, be afraid, be very afraid. Back on theme, I thought Cooper was far better than Toney, his link play all over the field were better and his positional play was spot on, sadly his finishing, probably due to match fitness, was not up to speed, given a run in the side I can see an improvement, whereas Toney has almost certainly lost his mojo and needs a spell warming the bench to return to his November/December form. Reed is a good shout on your behalf, a 4-2-3-1 set up with Reed and Woodyard both sitting in front of the defence to feed the three midfielders, with Godden playing the loan striker role.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16144
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by DaveLister » 26 Jan 2019, 15:07

O'malley starts in goal, Godden and Toney up front with Tomlin in the AM role
Image

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16144
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Posh v Charlton

Post by DaveLister » 26 Jan 2019, 17:38

O'malley saves Charlton penalty!!
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests