Luton v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28134
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Jan 2019, 23:25

Brianposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 21:44
Dreadful day all round. Dreadful place, dreadful football by Posh, dreadful Ground and dreadful moronic fans standing up spoiling the view of many family fans.

I was so glad to get home.
I thought I saw Nipper standing for the whole game
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh
Posts: 441
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 20 Jan 2019, 00:46

Another 'mentally strong' performance from this fraud's bunch of loan clowns. Absolutely embarrassing. Unfortunately DMac is as obsessed as ever with the fraud though so no chance of us being rid of him. Evans asked to be judged in January, well guess what its January............

I'm done with this club until he's gone, I can't watch anymore gutless rubbish that these 2 clowns serve up.

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17471
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by ashman » 20 Jan 2019, 00:50

bristleposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 23:25
Brianposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 21:44
Dreadful day all round. Dreadful place, dreadful football by Posh, dreadful Ground and dreadful moronic fans standing up spoiling the view of many family fans.

I was so glad to get home.
I thought I saw Nipper standing for the whole game
That isn't going to spoil anybody's view. We are never too sure whether she is standing or whether she is sitting! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Poshay
Posts: 5919
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 11:31
Location: PE10

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by Poshay » 20 Jan 2019, 08:57

ashman wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 00:50
bristleposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 23:25
Brianposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 21:44
Dreadful day all round. Dreadful place, dreadful football by Posh, dreadful Ground and dreadful moronic fans standing up spoiling the view of many family fans.

I was so glad to get home.
I thought I saw Nipper standing for the whole game
That isn't going to spoil anybody's view. We are never too sure whether she is standing or whether she is sitting! :wink:
Heightism at its most virulent. There must be some sort of law against that now , there's laws against most what we considered free speech in the bad old days :wink:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

pleasureboy60
Posts: 280
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by pleasureboy60 » 20 Jan 2019, 09:28

ashman wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 00:50
bristleposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 23:25
Brianposh wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 21:44
Dreadful day all round. Dreadful place, dreadful football by Posh, dreadful Ground and dreadful moronic fans standing up spoiling the view of many family fans.

I was so glad to get home.
I thought I saw Nipper standing for the whole game
That isn't going to spoil anybody's view. We are never too sure whether she is standing or whether she is sitting! :wink:
It didn't matter whether you were sitting or standing yesterday. It didn't disguise the fact that we were sxxt all over the park from start to finish. EVANS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28134
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Jan 2019, 10:31

Having only watched the first hour or so I shouldn't really comment on the whole. But; two horrendous errors by our winger not tracking back in the right hand corner gifted them with the opportunity to crosss into the danger zone. Whether the sending off was justified or not, that was the turning point until then we had not performed too badly apart from the goal. It looked like we were getting on top until the referee deemed it necessary to get his red card out. The fact that Taffazolli was not one of Evans signings or loan players may have escaped some of your attention. The football seems to have improved dramatically from the hoof ball of earlier performances. I will continue supporting my club whoever is manager, if others wish to cut of their noses to spite their faces so be it, see you in a few seasons when by the law of averages Evans will have moved on.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

HantsPosh
Posts: 441
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 20 Jan 2019, 10:51

Supporting your club watching on TV? That does take a tremendous amount of time, money & effort you're right.

You honestly think the football has improved??? Take the Accrington game out of the mix & its been woeful for months!!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17471
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by ashman » 20 Jan 2019, 11:18

HantsPosh wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 10:51
Supporting your club watching on TV? That does take a tremendous amount of time, money & effort you're right.

You honestly think the football has improved??? Take the Accrington game out of the mix & its been woeful for months!!
I agree with bristle to an extent. Since Cooke, Dempsey and Tomlin have started we have definitely improved the passing and movement of the team. It was unfortunate yesterday that we played Luton who were right at the top of their game. They played the game as it should be - crisp, short passing and movement, waiting for goal opportunities to appear. It made no matter whether Taff was there or not as all their goals were beautifully constructed, playing the ball out wide and then into feet in front of the goal - the hardest ever to defend against (much more than a headed goal that so many teams rely on)
Luton hardly had to show any commitment either. They just hung back and waited for Posh to launch long balls, pick up the pieces and then began again. The number of tackles they made was minimal! In summary they were superb all game. Posh must have been shattered chasing lost causes as the crisp control, pass and move tactics will have worn them out. Never mind the long old trip down to Fratton Park awaits us on Tuesday - but we still will be there!
p.s. I don't think that Luton will play that well again this season.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28134
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Jan 2019, 11:39

HantsPosh wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 10:51
Supporting your club watching on TV? That does take a tremendous amount of time, money & effort you're right.

You honestly think the football has improved??? Take the Accrington game out of the mix & its been woeful for months!!
Here we go with I'm a better supporter than you because I attend games more often. Were you at Exeter, or Chelsea we played well at both of those. At 71 I find the twelve to fourteen hour round trip to Peterborough beyond my capabilities and finances. I look forward to the odd occasions I can get to games and don't allow the ninety minutes of football to ruin the day as it often does.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ontheup
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Mar 2008, 13:05

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by ontheup » 20 Jan 2019, 12:17

Well I have watched the "Highlights"( if you can call it that) and we looked feeble,down to 10 men, 2-0 at half time, any team watching that would have no worries about playing Posh Home or Away, unfortunately that type of performance is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

HantsPosh
Posts: 441
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by HantsPosh » 20 Jan 2019, 16:30

Bristle I don't think the find a plumber trophy games at Exeter & Chelsea's Youth team are a barometer of where the team is at, far more important are the games at Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Luton, home to Rochdale etc are what counts & its been woeful recently. If Cooke, Dempsey etc are the future then God help us as the Clown in the dugout certainly can't that's for sure.

We're a massive 4 points better off now than after 28 games last season, 4 points! Despite 22 'mentally strong' new players. We've scored & conceded 1 more goal!! Progress????

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17471
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by ashman » 20 Jan 2019, 17:05

HantsPosh wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 16:30
Bristle I don't think the find a plumber trophy games at Exeter & Chelsea's Youth team are a barometer of where the team is at, far more important are the games at Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Luton, home to Rochdale etc are what counts & its been woeful recently. If Cooke, Dempsey etc are the future then God help us as the Clown in the dugout certainly can't that's for sure.
We're a massive 4 points better off now than after 28 games last season, 4 points! Despite 22 'mentally strong' new players. We've scored & conceded 1 more goal!! Progress????
You can't go on making out that it is always the players fault. We have some very good players for this league but all they need is some proper coaching and a modicum of tactics that will hopefully bring success. I wonder who is responsible for that?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
Brianposh
Posts: 9430
Joined: 06 May 2005, 13:13
Location: Within sight and sound of London Road.

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by Brianposh » 21 Jan 2019, 18:11

ashman wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 17:05
HantsPosh wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 16:30
Bristle I don't think the find a plumber trophy games at Exeter & Chelsea's Youth team are a barometer of where the team is at, far more important are the games at Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Luton, home to Rochdale etc are what counts & its been woeful recently. If Cooke, Dempsey etc are the future then God help us as the Clown in the dugout certainly can't that's for sure.
We're a massive 4 points better off now than after 28 games last season, 4 points! Despite 22 'mentally strong' new players. We've scored & conceded 1 more goal!! Progress????
You can't go on making out that it is always the players fault. We have some very good players for this league but all they need is some proper coaching and a modicum of tactics that will hopefully bring success. I wonder who is responsible for that?
The players are just as much to blame at present Ashman, as are the Management. No fight, no team work and look as if they are not "with" the Manager one iota. They are ALL responsible in our situation.
Last edited by Brianposh on 21 Jan 2019, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

pleasureboy60
Posts: 280
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by pleasureboy60 » 21 Jan 2019, 18:53

Hopefully with defeats against Pompey tomorrow and at home to Charlton on Saturday. It will be curtains for Evans and what better way than for him to lose his job against his former boss at Donny. EVANS OUT!!!!!!!. C'mon chairman get rid!

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17471
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Luton v Posh

Post by ashman » 21 Jan 2019, 20:25

Brianposh wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 18:11
ashman wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 17:05
HantsPosh wrote:
20 Jan 2019, 16:30
Bristle I don't think the find a plumber trophy games at Exeter & Chelsea's Youth team are a barometer of where the team is at, far more important are the games at Barnsley, Middlesbrough, Luton, home to Rochdale etc are what counts & its been woeful recently. If Cooke, Dempsey etc are the future then God help us as the Clown in the dugout certainly can't that's for sure.
We're a massive 4 points better off now than after 28 games last season, 4 points! Despite 22 'mentally strong' new players. We've scored & conceded 1 more goal!! Progress????
You can't go on making out that it is always the players fault. We have some very good players for this league but all they need is some proper coaching and a modicum of tactics that will hopefully bring success. I wonder who is responsible for that?
The players are just as much to blame at present Ashman, as the Management. No fight, no team work and look as if they are not "with" the Manager one iota. They are ALL responsible in our situation.
Wrong Brian. Those players showed that they could do it at the beginning of the season but they are only now playing to his instructions. It is purely down to the management and as you say it looks as if 'they are not with the manager, one iota.' That suggests that for all his blustering and bullying he has effectively lost the changing room and that is down to the manner in which he has approached the job.
The times that Steve Evans has had success were in the lower leagues some years before. A great deal has changed since then. He simply hasn't kept up with the changes. League One and League Two players are now a lot more skilful and capable of playing football at a higher level. Look at the way that Luton ripped us apart, simply by keeping the ball on the ground, passing in between themselves and working opportunities to get the ball wide to play it in quickly towards an onrushing forward to find the net. Three of their four goals were constructed in this manner.
Hoofball in the lower leagues can still be a useful tactic but the players we have got are a lot more sophisticated than this. It must be very frustrating for them as I am sure that they can see that the way we play is WRONG! His manner of dealing with players who are not prepared to be bullied and who respond much better to being coached properly immediately sets up barriers and as soon as this happens we know that things have to change.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Post Reply