EFL Quarter Final - Portsmouth v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Brianposh

Re: EFL Quarter Final - Portsmouth v Posh

Post by Brianposh » 23 Jan 2019, 08:32

Well done the hardy 121 Posh fans who turned out on a bitter cold evening and a long Coach trip. All heroes.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 23 Jan 2019, 08:39

Brianposh wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 08:32
Well done the hardy 121 Posh fans who turned out on a bitter cold evening and a long Coach trip. All heroes.
How about the heroine too?
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 23 Jan 2019, 09:09

pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 08:00
For once in my life i really hope we get trounced (by Charlton).
I am absolutely sure you don't mean that pleasureboy60.

Surely you would like us to win and hope that the manager will get things right and see us into the Championship.

In the prediction game I am sort of ashamed that I have predicted we will lose. But I don't hope we do.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2019, 12:29

pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 08:00
ontheup wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 21:47
well what a **** team we look,slow to defend, slow to react to any situation all over the park, if this is a promotion season then we are well and truly out of the running The Chairman needs to get his blinkers off if he thinks backing this lot is the answer to his dreams of Championship football.
Are you sure about that! Evans said we were brilliant and that was the best we've played all season. Doesn't say much for some of the rest of our performances. Not too mention that was Pompeys reserves we were playing. Hopefully another dour performance against The Addicts and that will be curtains for Evans. For once in my life i really hope we get trounced.
I could never, ever wish that on my team. However, the assertion that that was a brilliant performance is only in SE's mind, I can assure you. There was a twenty second exciting passage of play where we hit the bar, had shots blocked and the ball cleared off the line. They then hit us with the sucker punch and that was that!
We did try to pass it around a bit better in the second half and Cooke was superb. Leaving Maddison on the bench and Toney on his own was ridiculous as well as playing Tomlin on the left and Cooper (hard working but useless with no passing skills or shooting ideas) in the middle.
It was a long old journey and one that is becoming increasingly hard to swallow when you not only give up your time but also your own filthy lucre to fund the away trips every other week! :twisted:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 23 Jan 2019, 20:10

Left London Road too late to get to Portsmouth and afford us time to go to the pub which, as it turned out, would’ve been the highlight of the evening. Had to make do with a quick drink in the stand.
O’Malley made a cracking point blank save and I thought it gonna be our night.
We seemed to have no fire-power but how can we when Toney is up there all by himself.
There was little to get excited about really.

Roll on Saturday, see if we can put it right :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Jan 2019, 20:14

poshnipper wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 20:10
Roll on Saturday, see if we can put it right :comeon: :comeon:
My feelings exactly Nipper - but how much longer do we have to keep on saying this? :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'