Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

PoshCynic

Re: Half time sanies - banned

Post by PoshCynic » 08 Jan 2019, 18:26

ashman wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 02:15
PoshCynic wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 22:29
How would any club official know if you were to tuck a packet of sandwiches in a pocket?
They search you. Nipper was given a present made by a friend. It was a small piece of flapjack which was wrapped in foil and she was looking forward to a halftime snack. Unfortunately a steward found it on her and insisted it was unwrapped because he thought it was a block of cannabis! Laughable!
I am staggered to learn that every spectator is searched before being admitted to the ground. I never had that experience when I watched Posh. Had an attempt been made to search me, I should have refused and left - never to return.

It is now even more unlikely that I shall ever go to a Posh match again. Very sad. :( :shock:

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Jan 2019, 18:57

PoshCynic wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 18:26
ashman wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:
How would any club official know if you were to tuck a packet of sandwiches in a pocket?
They search you. Nipper was given a present made by a friend. It was a small piece of flapjack which was wrapped in foil and she was looking forward to a halftime snack. Unfortunately a steward found it on her and insisted it was unwrapped because he thought it was a block of cannabis! Laughable!
I am staggered to learn that every spectator is searched before being admitted to the ground. I never had that experience when I watched Posh. Had an attempt been made to search me, I should have refused and left - never to return.

It is now even more unlikely that I shall ever go to a Posh match again. Very sad. :( :shock:
First of all when you sometimes went there were not people about wishing harm in the community (the IRA didn't generally target 'events')
Anyone who enters virtually 'mass' event with a bag can fully expect to be searched nowadays sadly.

I do agree that some of the apocryphal stories I read are way ott, I agree the catering in the ground is pretty woeful and tbh Charlie's van ain't all that either.

The club feel they are right to protect themselves. Maybe Darragh's New Year hopes of starting up a quality catering enterprise could start at LR.
Then those who like to take their own food would moan about the price :lol:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 09 Jan 2019, 14:41

I think it’s amazing that we can’t go 2 hours without eating.
Not saying I particularly agree with the Club’s stance but it’s hardly worth getting upset about.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Jan 2019, 14:47

It’s nice to have a choice though
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

stuie

Post by stuie » 10 Jan 2019, 11:12

ashman wrote:
PoshCynic wrote:
Space cake, yum yum
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 10 Jan 2019, 21:11

I am surprised that supporters put up with being searched before being allowed to enter the ground. Is it just Posh or is it the same at other clubs? Searching 75000 crowds at Man United must be a time consuming task for example.

I wonder what the management attitude would be if supporters all refused to be searched. If they were all refused entry, the loss of revenue would be considerable.

stuie

Post by stuie » 10 Jan 2019, 21:13

Steamy Nin wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 13:41
I think there is a real case of double standards being applied, fans can't take food into the ground, but the mascot can take a carrot onto the pitch and it is now endorsed by a sponsor, what sort of message does that send out.
:clap:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Jan 2019, 21:17

PoshCynic wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 21:11
I am surprised that supporters put up with being searched before being allowed to enter the ground. Is it just Posh or is it the same at other clubs? Searching 75000 crowds at Man United must be a time consuming task for example.

I wonder what the management attitude would be if supporters all refused to be searched. If they were all refused entry, the loss of revenue would be considerable.
And i suppose you think everyone who ever gets on a plane should refuse to be searched, their suitcases left unchecked and any hand luggage to include what the hell they like .

All clubs carry out searches to one degree or another and yes that includes at Man Utd, in fact I would say particularly either of the Manchester clubs.
Are you even aware a terrorist incident took place only a short distance from the stadiums :roll:

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Jan 2019, 01:50

Steamy Nin wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 13:41
I think there is a real case of double standards being applied, fans can't take food into the ground, but the mascot can take a carrot onto the pitch and it is now endorsed by a sponsor, what sort of message does that send out.
I reckon he is a good role model for everyone - promoting healthy eating and helping some fans to be able to see what is put in front of them! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 11 Jan 2019, 08:23

PoshCynic wrote:

Nowt wrong with getting searched. I’d rather be safe than sorry.
Occasionally we even get frisked. Gets my goat though when I ‘shimmy’ up to a steward only to be re-directed to a stewardess. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 11 Jan 2019, 10:15

poshnipper wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:23
PoshCynic wrote:

Occasionally we even get frisked. Gets my goat though when I ‘shimmy’ up to a steward only to be re-directed to a stewardess. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have the same trouble in reverse, perhaps I should claim to be gay and not wish to be frisked by a male

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Jan 2019, 11:51

bristleposh wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 10:15
poshnipper wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:23
PoshCynic wrote:

I have the same trouble in reverse, perhaps I should claim to be gay and not wish to be frisked by a male
Tell them you are gender fluid and you could be frisked anyway you want! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

topcat87

Post by topcat87 » 11 Jan 2019, 20:24

poshnipper wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 14:41
I think it’s amazing that we can’t go 2 hours without eating.
Not saying I particularly agree with the Club’s stance but it’s hardly worth getting upset about.
Depends if you are working/running around all morning before a match and the first opportunity to eat is at the ground.

Claude Rains

Post by Claude Rains » 14 Jan 2019, 23:12

I tried to take a flask and sandwiches into the Royal Opera House the other night.

They told me to sod off.

I think Posh have started something off here.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 15 Jan 2019, 11:30

Claude Rains wrote:
14 Jan 2019, 23:12
I tried to take a flask and sandwiches into the Royal Opera House the other night.

They told me to sod off.

I think Posh have started something off here.
I believe you, like you’d know what opera was if it jumped up and bit you.