Thanks Ashman, great report.
Agreed.

bristleposh

Re: Chelsea U21 EFL trophy

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jan 2019, 13:37

Brianposh wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 11:26
Thanks Ashman, great report.
...and fairly accurate too. I was confused with who some of the players were, but because they had a nice big score board at the back od the opposite end to where we were ensconced, kept me informed who number 18 was or whatever. I like Reed, I think he has a lot to offer the team and he certainly puts in the defensive yards more than some of the others, Cooke and Lafferty look useful additions to the side that I hadn't previously seen and the contribution from Cooke was much better than I had seen before.
I think that may well be my last visit to London for an evening game, a nightmare to get home bus outside the ground every 8-12 minutes turned up after about 20 minutes. Got to Victoria Coach Station at 9.35 coach arranged for 11.30 so hoped to get on an earlier coach if there were vacancies available, so when I approached the driver to ask if I could catch the 10.30 I was greeted with the response yes, but you'll have to pay £10. I wasn't in thhat much of a hurry as the fare had been less than that in both directions. Part of the motorway was closed so we went on a jaunt around the southern Oxfordhire countryside, I'm sure quite a beautiful place but in the middle of the night not much to see. The motorway was shut from J8 - J10 so we joined a littled short of Reading, when we got back to Bristol it had to stop at UWE first and let off about a dozen students, before continuing the journey arriving at Bristol hub at 02.12, than I had to catch a local night bus back to where I'd park, 2.21 it was due but didn't arrive until gone half past, got to my car around 2.45 iced windows, fron and back so engine on full heat rear creen heater on, got home one minute to three. As I say never again, no matter how cheap it is. So the quarter finals the only chance I have is if we get drawn to play the Gas two weeks running at the Memorial.
Back on subject and if Posh played like they did in the second half for the rest of the season few can have any complaints.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ColsterworthPosh

Post by ColsterworthPosh » 10 Jan 2019, 14:15

Good to meet some of you last night and put faces to usernames. I will feed back the comments on the gangway issues to our operations team. I thought we (Posh) were very poor in first half but clearly much better in the 2nd. The average age of the Chelsea team was 18 so we shouldn't get carried away.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Jan 2019, 15:18

ColsterworthPosh wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 14:15
Good to meet some of you last night and put faces to usernames. I will feed back the comments on the gangway issues to our operations team. I thought we (Posh) were very poor in first half but clearly much better in the 2nd. The average age of the Chelsea team was 18 so we shouldn't get carried away.
Nice to have met you too, the young lad with the man bun Connor was an awesome looking talent for 18
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ColsterworthPosh

Post by ColsterworthPosh » 10 Jan 2019, 15:45

Billy Gilmour at 17 isn't bad either!

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 10 Jan 2019, 18:09

Glad you had a good night Nick.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Jan 2019, 18:27

ColsterworthPosh wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 14:15
Totally concur with that. I love the way you call the Posh we, considering just how far up you are in Chelsea's ladder. 'You can take the boy out of Stanground but you will never take the Stanground out of the boy!'
The only thing I would quarrel with is that you thought Posh were very poor in the first half! You've obviously not seen many Posh games recently, as that first half was a lot better than many of the times we have taken to the green stuff! :lol:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 10 Jan 2019, 20:28

Pompey away in the quarter finals

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Jan 2019, 02:08

pleasureboy60 wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 20:28
Pompey away in the quarter finals
Come on pleasureboy60! A bit of credit where credit is due please. :lol:
Posh were better than they have been for ages. Whether it was the 'Tomlin Effect', the emergence of Cooke, Reed and Cooper in midfield and abandoning the 'hoofball' that so many despise, it doesn't matter, get behind your team when they have done a good job! Mind you in his after match interview our esteemed leader hinted that he may change things around again against Rochdale. Maybe he was thinking along the same lines as I was when I posted the following thoughts!
Where Kyle Dempsey and Ben White are going to fit in to this team now is an interesting one! It also doesn't look so good for our captain Alex Woodyard and it appears that Matty Stevens is going to have to be patient for a little bit longer.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 11 Jan 2019, 08:19

Happy hour in the Sports Bar 2 steps from where the coach dropped us, a win vs Chelski (unimportant what age they were), chatting to Stewart, getting a wink from Darragh, a hello from Barry and a big hug st the end from Zak couldn’t spoil that steward telling me, half way through the 1st half, that I wasn’t allowed to rattle. No, he didn’t know why. He’d just been told that I wasn’t allowed. It was though perfectly acceptable for the guy 3 rows behind me to continually use the C word even after I objected. Strange Chelski values :shock: But hey ho. A brilliant night. Safely back indoors by midnight.

Now onto the next round vs Portsmouth ...... lol what a reward. :comeon: :comeon:
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 11 Jan 2019, 08:25

Portsmouth Nipper !!!!! (same map area)
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 11 Jan 2019, 08:29

Brianposh wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:25
My excitement got the better of me. :oops: Now edited. Cheers Brian
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 11 Jan 2019, 08:35

poshnipper wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:29
Brianposh wrote:
That's one advantage of being a mod....you can edit without it being apparent even after somebody else has made an entry. :wink:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 11 Jan 2019, 08:41

Poshay wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:35
poshnipper wrote:
Brianposh wrote:
That's one advantage of being a mod....you can edit without it being apparent even after somebody else has made an entry. :wink:
I don’t look at it as an advantage. I actually hate it. Shouldn’t be like that.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 11 Jan 2019, 08:57

poshnipper wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:41
Poshay wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 08:35
poshnipper wrote:

I don’t look at it as an advantage. I actually hate it. Shouldn’t be like that.
I wouldn't like your job. You and Ash keep things ticking over very well.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l: