Re: POSH v WALSALL

Post by bristleposh » 22 Dec 2018, 15:44

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DvBqVDFXQAAaJJg?format=jpg&name=large

No Taff ? Chapman on the bench,
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 22 Dec 2018, 18:14

That has to be one of the worst performances I've seen from Posh in a long time. The only players to come out of that with reputations intact were in order of ability, Toney, Woodyard, and O'Malley, and only the latter for making less mistakes than Chapman and making a penalty save.
Maddison claimed another assist but one from about seven attempts is not good enough, Dembele was abysmal, and one manoeuvre had me bursting out laughter when he gave away a throw in with no opposing player nearer to him than I was in Bristol, sadly Stevens wasn't up to the fitness required whilst Godden could still be on there with no defenders and still wouldn't have a tough of the ball, both full backs were too regularly beaten and wasted too many crossing opportunities, I think we'd be better off with Mark Little (no not the one that used to be here but the one who was in neighbours). How bad must Bassong be if he can't dislodge either of those at centre back, and Reid, Cooper and O'Hara were all totally ineffective.
Walsall looked a very poor team but on the balance of that game they were far better than us. I know the referee was weak but he gave more wrong decisions in our favour.
1-1 felt like a victory.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 22 Dec 2018, 19:03

Yet more hoofball. Walsall looked more like the side in 4th position than Posh did. Walsall must have had 75% of the meaningful possession with Posh continually booting the ball away as soon as they got it. I'm already looking forward to a local derby v Lincoln next season.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 22 Dec 2018, 19:15

Garbage of the highest calibre . Anyone who thinks this team is going to get promoted is as dilussinal as the clueless man in charge. This team won't get promotion this year,next year or in the next 10 years. Get rid of Evans now!

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 22 Dec 2018, 20:57

The first lesson you learn from Bobby Charltons book of how to play football is how you trap a ball. NOT ONE POSH PLAYER CAN DO THIS SIMPLE TASK.
Dreadful football once again. No skill, not much energy.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ontheup

Post by ontheup » 23 Dec 2018, 11:31

OMG,that was dire,no creativity from midfield,slow build up play poor passing/marking,the list goes on and on,every week we here Evans say we will address this in training, every week its the same old mistakes,this team has become so predictable,January will be a big month in regards to player movement, as the team Evans has assembled IMO has reached its full potential, with perhaps 2-3 of the current squad retainable.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 23 Dec 2018, 12:21

Evans is not a coach, he’s a poor mans Barry Fry wheeling & dealing like it’s the 1970s & as for Raynor.......other than lay the cones out for training and shout and swear at the players from the touchline what does this clown actually do?

Unfortunately DMac is besotted with them both so we’re stuck with their bullying & aggressiveness for a while yet.

stuie

Post by stuie » 23 Dec 2018, 14:47

Fantastic pitch, shame Posh are unable to play on it. Has it not occurred to Evans and Raynor, that their jobs are to coach the team prior to games, make tactical changes during the game, not to put on a chuckle brothers performance during the game

I keep saying this, I have not seen a decent Posh performance this season
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 23 Dec 2018, 15:32

stuie wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 14:47
Fantastic pitch, shame Posh are unable to play on it. Has it not occurred to Evans and Raynor, that their jobs are to coach the team prior to games, make tactical changes during the game, not to put on a chuckle brothers performance during the game

The performances last season when Evans took over were dire. This season they have got a whole lot worse. Some of this current squad are not league 2 standard let alone league one. I can't believe our chairman has once again been hoodwinked in to signing another duff manager.

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Dec 2018, 17:11

pleasureboy60 wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 15:32
stuie wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 14:47

The performances last season when Evans took over were dire. This season they have got a whole lot worse. Some of this current squad are not league 2 standard let alone league one. I can't believe our chairman has once again been hoodwinked in to signing another duff manager.
Agree with most of this, although I don't agree with you entirely about the squad. We have some very talented players - it's just that Evans is not getting the best out of them and he is certainly not developing any of them i.e. Dembele, Woodyard, O'Hara, Cooper, Godden and Cummings have all gone backwards since they signed. Cummings has not been in the right place since TVGate and what has happened to the Man City starlet Isaac Buckley-Ricketts?
It has been said by fans from other clubs that he has managed, that he doesn't even try to develop, he merely discards those who don't immediately make a success, sells them on and buys another batch of players, hoping that the next lot will fare a bit better. I am beginning to believe them too! The trouble is he usually leaves the clubs in a mess financially. However I do believe that DMac is just too cute to let this happen to his club!
The only one showing any real sign of progressing is Ivan Toney - but he hasn't been here as long as most of the others! Give him time and he will join with the others who are regressing. I reckon he is losing the changing room!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'